Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile cancelled my contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lub006

Meteor should cancel eMobiles contract..... What a pathetic excuse of a company!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

cormie wrote: »
    did you mean 28 or 38 in the post above? It should be 38 if it's the exact same situation as myself? :)

Well it was the exact situation, bar the tarriff :) mine was 14 p/m!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ya bollix, I remember the 14eur a month one working out a few quid more expensive over the whole term of the contract so I went with the 19eur a month one, which worked out a little cheaper with a shorter contract, so you must have only paid about 140eur altogether for the deal, I paid €190 or so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

meteor customer service are mo better

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

ya bollix, I remember the 14eur a month one working out a few quid more expensive over the whole term of the contract so I went with the 19eur a month one, which worked out a little cheaper with a shorter contract, so you must have only paid about 140eur altogether for the deal, I paid €190 or so :D

Haha, well yes the 14 a month (for 18 months) did work our more expensive, but I was on the 19 per month with 5 euro discount from the tariff, so I did get a good deal :)
    It was complicated at the time getting it going (first they put through the wrong contract, then the phone was the last one and couldn't be changed contract, so they had to order a brand new one, then the offer expired in the mean time, but I was a special case, and then they charged me the 300 deposit, even though they didn't first time round!) but worked out eventually :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I joined eMobile about a year ago and to be fair, have never had any issues at all with the service, so i never had to contact customer support etc, but after reading this pathetic excuse for customer service, I will be cancelling as soon as my contract finishes!!!

Again, I repeat, I am not cancelling due to any problems with the service, but cancelling in protest at the way they (don't)treat their customers!!

That's the only way to teach any of these companies, and if more people did it, they wouldn't get away with it as simply as they have here

Just to note, yesterday I got my third copy of my "final" invoice... was it for the €36.18 I requested it to be, 3 times, nope, a new figure now, €38.16!! So got onto customer care for the 4th time yesterday to request an invoice for my books of 36.18, let's hope this time I actually get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭kflynn

can't believe how this customer was treated! Not going to put myself in this situation. Cancelling my account.

Ooops, little mistake on my part from the above actually. It's 36.02 that was taken from my account, but still haven't got a bill yet that states any 36.02 amount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Ooops, little mistake on my part from the above actually. It's 36.02 that was taken from my account, but still haven't got a bill yet that states any 36.02 amount :)

Hi cormie
    that does seem odd?? If you wish to PM me your tel no can confirm what is the correct total here. At least you would know for sure.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I joined eMobile about a year ago and to be fair, have never had any issues at all with the service, so i never had to contact customer support etc, but after reading this pathetic excuse for customer service, I will be cancelling as soon as my contract finishes!!!

Again, I repeat, I am not cancelling due to any problems with the service, but cancelling in protest at the way they (don't)treat their customers!!

That's the only way to teach any of these companies, and if more people did it, they wouldn't get away with it as simply as they have here

Hi Mad_Mike
    I am genuinely sorry you feel this way and while I can admit that over the previous few weeks customer service has been affected by changes within service centres ( and the huge response to the friends and family iPhone offer) we hope that these changes will positively affect future and current service response.
    The posts on this thread do demonstrate the issue an my apologies that response times have been slower than in the past. I can promise that here on Boards.ie we will respond and attemp to answer or resolve your queries as before.
    Regards
    Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony, the sum taken from my account was 36.02 so I only need the invoice for this, not the uncharged amounts. I guess we can wait and see if I get it at all and if not I'll pm you :)

Thanks for the reply Tony, the sum taken from my account was 36.02 so I only need the invoice for this, not the uncharged amounts. I guess we can wait and see if I get it at all and if not I'll pm you :)

Ok corrmie, I hope you do, but in the event you do not PM me and I will chase immediately for you.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, the guy on the phone the last day took my email address "to get it to me quicker because of the postal rush", and I still haven't got the email I'm afraid!

Well, looks like I'll be having to PM you Tony, never got that invoice!

Tony, did you get my PM?

Tony, did you get my PM?

Hi cormie
    yes have received that today ( was off yesterday) have PM'd you and am chasing issue.
    Tony

Hi Tony, I was expecting to hear from you yesterday on this? Any news yet? If one of my own customers asked for a copy of an invoice to be mailed to them, even ammended, I'd say from the time of their phone call, to them getting the email with the invoice, it'd be possible to do in under 90 seconds.

For such a simple request to have already taken I think over a month, 4 (or more?) different calls to customer care, complaining on a public website, being told it's been requested that it's put as "priority" and to still not have it is pretty shocking. It's one page with an amount you charged me on it and I'm waiting on it to close my accounts for 2011, it's actually delaying me with my accountant as I usually get my year accounts seen to at the start of January.

As you work in Eircom also, if you can offer me a few months free on my Eircom bill for broadband, all will be forgiven, once I get the invoice of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You should insist on speaking to Laura, their head of simplicity!! I hear she's great at sorthingbthis kind of thing out.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony, I was expecting to hear from you yesterday on this? Any news yet? If one of my own customers asked for a copy of an invoice to be mailed to them, even ammended, I'd say from the time of their phone call, to them getting the email with the invoice, it'd be possible to do in under 90 seconds.

For such a simple request to have already taken I think over a month, 4 (or more?) different calls to customer care, complaining on a public website, being told it's been requested that it's put as "priority" and to still not have it is pretty shocking. It's one page with an amount you charged me on it and I'm waiting on it to close my accounts for 2011, it's actually delaying me with my accountant as I usually get my year accounts seen to at the start of January.

As you work in Eircom also, if you can offer me a few months free on my Eircom bill for broadband, all will be forgiven, once I get the invoice of course :D

Hi cormie
    I am actually looking at this issue right now so should have info within the hour. Not sure why automated system did not send..Can you send me email address and can mail directly.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    email address PM'd to you now. Hopefully will receive the invoice in the next hour so :)

Hi Tony,
    email address PM'd to you now. Hopefully will receive the invoice in the next hour so :)

That has been sent now cormie, let me know if not what you needed.
    Tony

Thanks Tony, it's a bit of an unclear invoice but should hopefully do :)

Thanks Tony, it's a bit of an unclear invoice but should hopefully do :)

Have mailed response to you cormie, can arrange full invoice to be mailed to address if this helps?
    Tony

Hi Mad_Mike
    I am genuinely sorry you feel this way and while I can admit that over the previous few weeks customer service has been affected by changes within service centres ( and the huge response to the friends and family iPhone offer) we hope that these changes will positively affect future and current service response.
    The posts on this thread do demonstrate the issue an my apologies that response times have been slower than in the past. I can promise that here on Boards.ie we will respond and attemp to answer or resolve your queries as before.
    Regards
    Tony

Well here we go
    I am currently on to your "customer care" as I removed the Blackberry add-on from my account as I have sold my Blackberry device. I have asked for the Blackberry PIN to be removed from the BIS, so the person who bought it from me is free to add Blackberry on it, whether with eMobile, or whatever network they choose.

After explaining it over and over, I was told that the Blackberry add-on has now been cancelled (not what I asked for) and also if I restart the phone, all the settings would be gone (also not what I asked as I have already wiped the settings and content).

I then asked to speak to tech support and was told she could not put me through as they wouldnt take my call!!!!!!!!!!! I am currently sitting here on hold while she goes off to chat to them herself!

Oh yeah, she also told me that eMobile cannot offer any support for the Blackberry plan and that to remove the PIN from BIS, I would have to do it myself!!! RIM do NOT let customers do this themselves!!!

Can somebody PLEASE sort this?????????

And with that, after sitting on hold for over 10 minutes, somebody just "accidentally" knocked me off!

SC20120305-142834.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

you dont need to get the network to release the bb pin anymore, the new BIS settings links the pin to the sim card, so new sim card equals fresh start!

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Well here we go
    I am currently on to your "customer care" as I removed the Blackberry add-on from my account as I have sold my Blackberry device. I have asked for the Blackberry PIN to be removed from the BIS, so the person who bought it from me is free to add Blackberry on it, whether with eMobile, or whatever network they choose.

After explaining it over and over, I was told that the Blackberry add-on has now been cancelled (not what I asked for) and also if I restart the phone, all the settings would be gone (also not what I asked as I have already wiped the settings and content).

I then asked to speak to tech support and was told she could not put me through as they wouldnt take my call!!!!!!!!!!! I am currently sitting here on hold while she goes off to chat to them herself!

Oh yeah, she also told me that eMobile cannot offer any support for the Blackberry plan and that to remove the PIN from BIS, I would have to do it myself!!! RIM do NOT let customers do this themselves!!!

Can somebody PLEASE sort this?????????

Hi Madmike
    sorry to read that you did not get support for this. Can you PM me your tel no. and I will get clarification on this for you and hopefully resolve issue.
    Tony

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    you dont need to get the network to release the bb pin anymore, the new BIS settings links the pin to the sim card, so new sim card equals fresh start!

Cheers cookie ;)

Advertisement