Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starbucks in cork

• 21-11-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Seeing as the Starbucks in cork airport is closed do we not have any Starbucks now or is there still one in UCC?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Thats it , all the starbucks are gone. However tesco sell their coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

And good rhythms! Never tasted worse coffee in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

colincork wrote: »
    Seeing as the Starbucks in cork airport is closed do we not have any Starbucks now or is there still one in UCC?
    the one in UCC isnt exactly a startbucks, they do however serve starbucks coffee and some of their drinks. it's still open

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

coming soon to mahon point by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bof No1

Would have to agree with esperanza1, worst coffee going. I won't be frequenting their place in Mahon Point anytime soon!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

esperanza1 wrote: »
    And good rhythms! Never tasted worse coffee in my life!
    "Good Rhythms"?? Anyway it's opening next to dfs in City gate park in Mahon at the end of the month.
    Cannot wait!
    Everyone's taste differs, if we all liked the same thing then it would be a boring world.
    All fine and well if you've tasted it and actually not liked it but the coffee snobs who just blatantly rule it out because it's a worldwide franchise and rave about their back alley barista who imports some magic beans covered in bat ****e infuriate me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

EyeSight wrote: »
    the one in UCC isnt exactly a startbucks, they do however serve starbucks coffee and some of their drinks. it's still open

They also sell Starbucks in LeisureWorld in Bishopstown.

Interesting article here on their design changes: http://www.wired.com/design/2014/01/starbucks-big-plan-to-be-your-cozy-neighborhood-coffee-shop

I think their coffee is OK. Not the best, not the worst, but nothing to get excited about either way. I do like the concept of the third space though...it's nice to have a bit of space. Price wise, for the standard coffee, they're OK...it's when you want something different or add anything foodwise that you're gonna pay for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Everyone's taste differs, if we all liked the same thing then it would be a boring world.
    "Taste" is a very lazy argument - much beloved of X Factor fans. Quality is measurable. Starbucks score low in quality and high on price. It's more confectionary than coffee but if you like it then great. Although that's no reason to make an uninformed remark about other people's choices and those who do trade in high quality coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Starbucks in City Gate alongside Mahon Point is now open since yesterday!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Starbucks in City Gate alongside Mahon Point is now open since yesterday!
    Ya I was up there last night. It didn't disappoint.
    If your on Facebook search for Starbucks City gate Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Looks great inside there to be fair but its quite expensive.

brevity wrote: »
    Looks great inside there to be fair but its quite expensive.
    It's really stunning in there alright but as for the expense, that's just typical Starbucks prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bof No1

Haven't been in there myself, but if the prices reflected the coffee rather than the decor, I'd have no problem supporting them. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a Starbucks that does that and I can assure you, I'm no coffee snob, I just like a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement