Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HID Kits

Options
  • 21-11-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking to get the above fitted to my car.

On Tuesday of last week I rang a certain garage on the Dublin Road, told them what I was looking for and left a message.
    I called in the next day as I hadn't heard and was assured someone would call me back the next day (Thursday). Still heard nothing.
    And here's me thinking in this day and age people would want business.

Anyhoo, rant over.

Does anyone know of somewhere reliable?

P.S. Halfords don't :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey,

Looking to get the above fitted to my car.

On Tuesday of last week I rang a certain garage on the Dublin Road, told them what I was looking for and left a message.
    I called in the next day as I hadn't heard and was assured someone would call me back the next day (Thursday). Still heard nothing.
    And here's me thinking in this day and age people would want business.

Anyhoo, rant over.

Does anyone know of somewhere reliable?

P.S. Halfords don't :confused:

I don't know anyone who can fit them, but Eurocarparts in Belfast is cheap for the kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Can you not fit yourself? Drogheda or Dundalk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MugMugs wrote: »
    Can you not fit yourself? Drogheda or Dundalk ?

I firmly believe in the separation of jobs. I rather work an extra few hours to get the money to pay for it, and not have my car catch fire (which believe me is what would happen!)

I live in Drogheda mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Just as a heads up, it's looking like they'll be cracking down on aftermarket HID kits in the near future. Unless you have projector headlights, auto leveling and headlight washers they could be an NCT failure. This has always been the way it's meant to be but supposedly they're going to start enforcing it soon.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Just as a heads up, it's looking like they'll be cracking down on aftermarket HID kits in the near future. Unless you have projector headlights, auto leveling and headlight washers they could be an NCT failure. This has always been the way it's meant to be but supposedly they're going to start enforcing it soon.

+1 to this. It's an EU thing now that XENONS have washers and auto levelling.
    I firmly believe in the separation of jobs. I rather work an extra few hours to get the money to pay for it, and not have my car catch fire (which believe me is what would happen!)

I live in Drogheda mate.

Nissan Doctor from the Motors forum is highly rated. PM him if you want somebody trustworthy.

Apart from that, I dont know any Drogheda mechanics but can suggest one or two in Swords if you want.

• Advertisement

Swords is good too mate. Cheers

Swords is good too mate. Cheers

Try Nissan Doctor on here lad. He's NCD. Guy I had in mind in Swords is a bit "old school" but still good.

ND gets some serious good kudos around Boards. See here for reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 doneski

Got mine done this week by Dave kinahan (Auto tech solutions) based in Dromiskin but is also moblie. Great job very happy with it.
    His number is 0872500918 if you want to give him a bell.

doneski wrote: »
    Got mine done this week by Dave kinahan (Auto tech solutions) based in Dromiskin but is also moblie. Great job very happy with it.
    His number is 0872500918 if you want to give him a bell.

I pm'd Nissan Doctor a week ago and unfortunately, he didn't get back to me, so I appreciate the post mate.

How much did it cost ya? Did he come to you?

Advertisement