Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UGB Sporting

• 21-11-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi Lads,
    Anybody out there try the Beretta UGB 25 Excel Sporting or Trap. What are your views ?.

Regards
    Raymo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Thhttp://www.shotgunworld.com/e clay shooting shotgun people do not come onto this forum much in my opinion.

It seems to be mostly rifles here.

have a look through this site and you might find something.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Its not really that it's all rifles, just i don't know too many (1 actually) that own one.

I fired one about a year ago. Lovely gun, well balanced, light recoil, good tracking as you would expect from a Beretta. The only thing that "bothered" me about the gun was its general purpose.

Don't get me wrong its a great design, and i love that the ejected cartridges fire from under to prevent annoyance to the shooter on your side, and not cause a distraction to the shooter himself, but why have a break open semi.

I mean if you're into clays a double does the job because you only need/get two shots. The break open feature to show its safe and clear can be substituted with an open breach or breach flag. Plus with prices starting at the €2400 mark up to €3900 for the one i fired its a lot of money for a trap gun thats meant to be something else or two guns. There are other brands/models available for clays that do the job as well for the same money.

i know some prefer the single barrel to O/U, but personally i wouldn't go for one for clays. Now to get one as a sporter then yes i'd love one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

never seen one before,looks a nice gun, i would never pick a single barrell over a double barrell for clays though,

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭raymo19

My apology for not replying sooner. Nice looking gun allright, there is info out there about these guns but not alot especially the sporter. Would have liked to hear about mechanical issues/longevity (If any atall) All new guns have teething issues but they are usually rectified by manusacturer. Thanks for input lads.

Regards
    Raymo

Advertisement