Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My next device?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    This thread covers several forums, but this seems like the best place for it to start.

I'm at a point where i need to buy some new tech, and i'm looking for some advice/suggestions.

Currently i have:
      1st generation ipod touch (running iOS 3.1.3) HTC desire (running gingerbread oxygen 2.3.2)

The ipod is about to die, i'm only getting about 1.5hrs battery life.
    I listen to lots of podcast (10 new a week) and music on it (18gb of music), with the occasional game and apps thrown in.

The Desire is about 18 months old, so a new phone desirable (no pun).
    I use this for mobile internet, browsing @ home, work and personal email, camera, with the occasional game thrown in

The query
    Can some one suggest a next step device?
    I'm thinking of also including an eBook reader, but this can be a dedicated device.
    Budget isn't too much of an issue.

My current thoughts
    1/
    Get a new android phone with ICS and a large storage capacity (SE ARC S, galaxy nexus, galaxy s2)
    pro's: single device
    cons's: it will need to be charged about 3 times a day

2/
    Get a new android device and a new apple media player, most likely a new touch or perhaps the nano.
    pro's: like for like upgrade with what i have already
    con's: cost is high

anyone suggest anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

A tablet? Generally has browser, games, media, eBook apps, email, etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iPhone 4/4s 32/64gb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Get a single android device and invest in a few chargers (one for home, work, the car etc). Two points though:

1) don't buy cheap chargers, a friend fried two Galaxy S and a HTC Desire before figuring out it was the cheap charger off ebay that was the problem.

2) despite being a huge fan of the older Sony Ericssons and admittedly not having an ARC S, I wouldn't be inclined to buy a SE Android again after my experiences with the X10i, X10 mini pro and the ARC.

Advertisement