Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make Up brushes

• 21-11-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

Considering I posted in the other make up thread about how make up scares me and how I don't wear it very often, it's funny that i'm asking this question now..

anyway, whenever I do wear make up, I use brushes to put it on with. I'd like to get a nice set of brushes that aren't too expensive. I was in Boots yesterday and saw some No 7 Brushes that are being sold singly and I was wondering if anyone had tried these, and what they think of them, or if any of you have recommendations for other brushes?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Better here OP

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

No. 7 are a bit touch and go! Some of their brushes are grand and others are bad. If you want a nice cheap good set from boots then I'd recommend going for the Eco tools brushes any experience I've had using them have been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have all of the No. 7 brushes 'cause I bought 'em when I had loads of those 7.50 off vouchers. I would not recommend them at all, other than the foundation brush. The foundation brush is fine, it's good. The rest of them, in my opinion anyway, are rubbish.

The blusher brush sheds like crazy. The eye brushes are plain bad - they're hard and I find them impossible to use.

If you wanna invest cheaply, have a look at elf's website. I find some of their brushes okay, especially considering the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

+1 for ecotools. They're really nice quality and much softer than the no7 ones. If you have a 7.50 voucher it might be worthwhile picking up their fluffy blending brush. I find it good to have a couple of those so you can apply colour with one and use a clean one to blend.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

The Body Shop also does amazing make up brushes. I haven't felt any softer! They arent too bad of a price either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Sigma brushes!
    You can order them online they're 5-10 euro each

Was recommended to me by a make up artist, not trying to sell me them.

They're basically like the higher end brushes more so than highstreet ones, worth investing in. imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Also Superdrug in Tallaght have their own brand brushes which are fine around 5-13 euro, dunnes also are selling QVC which are okay also.

I was going to invest in MAC brushes but I was told its not worth the money for personal use, but then again the application of make up can improve ten fold from just scrubbing, exfoliating, toning, moisturising and using a primer.

Wow that sounds like a lot of work oh and finding the right foundation, something I'm still working at I just want to be pale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Thanks for all the replies, I must go looking into some of the suggestions posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Also, look at the ELF Studio Line brushes. They are excellent. I've also got some of the blending brushes from the normal ELF line and I think they are very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

where can you get ecotools brushes in ireland?! I've heard great reviews about them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

1306 wrote: »
    where can you get ecotools brushes in ireland?! I've heard great reviews about them!

I got some in Boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

1306 wrote: »

They're far cheaper on iherb.com if you can wait for them to be posted! I was looking at the six brush set in boots, it was almost 20 euro, whereas i've just gotten the 3 brush sets and 5 single brushes for 40 dollars on iherb. Way cheaper even if the customs man does find me. Use buy123 for a $5 discount if you are ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I got a Gosh foundation brush a while back and its excellent, no shedding, no streaks and really easy to clean

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVW6zuCwT9qBLa-416AVdsCuv5zU2wy8HS8hQH-Q7S6xAQgnBtFQ

Also got a powder/blusher/bronzer brush and its amazing too so I'd highly recommend either of these :D

Cant find a pic of the powder brush but its the same colour as the foundation one, just bigger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I love MAC brushes, they're all I use, but they can be a bit pricey (been building my collection since I was 15 :P).

My sister uses the Body Shop brushes, they're really good as well, and not too expensive iirc!

Advertisement