Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs searching handbags?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oranage2 wrote: »
    This is just another thing bouncers do so that can think they're important -

And not because its club policy?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This is just another thing bouncers do so that can think they're important -

Nope.

It's another thing bouncers do because management has told them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

And not because its club policy?.

You'd be surprised - THe bouncers probably just deicided to start searching bags incase somebody is bringing a 'bomb' into the establishment on their own accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You'd be surprised - THe bouncers probably just deicided to start searching bags incase somebody is bringing a 'bomb' into the establishment on their own accord.

Indeed, one thing i noticed from a decade of doorwork, bouncers are nuts about doing more work than they need to.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Leftist wrote: »

People who have a vendetta against bouncers summed up:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Dont mind getting my bag searched, but when a certain nightclub in Dublin opened first they had staff to frisk you! Seriously was worse than an airport :/

Myself and the girlfriend got caught bringing in a couple of naggins into a nightclub in Waterford, they kicked us out but gave us back the drink and our entrance fee.

Fair play when they didnt have to do either.

leggo wrote: »

At 50 seconds - "I might be getting into politics".. I'm guessing FF :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

leggo wrote: »

Jeez. I know more about St Patrick's Athletics than that fella does.

In fairness to him, he doesn't mention bouncers anywhere in that ramble though.

Poor guy. Wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Awh ya be grand - bring a naggin money

• Advertisement

Edz87 wrote: »
    Myself and the girlfriend got caught bringing in a couple of naggins into a nightclub in Waterford, they kicked us out but gave us back the drink and our entrance fee.

Your entitled to have your drink given back to you, you bought it. Its your's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

At 50 seconds - "I might be getting into politics".. I'm guessing FF :)

That's a little unfair. I'm sure he has his standards

MagicSean wrote: »
    That's a little unfair. I'm sure he has his standards

Yea, I'd probably vote for him before that other shower of bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Edz87 wrote: »

I dont not what you think a night club is but it would be like going to Mcdonalds with a naggin - They can only search your bags if you let them and they cant take alcohol off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Azureus wrote: »
    Dont mind getting my bag searched, but when a certain nightclub in Dublin opened first they had staff to frisk you! Seriously was worse than an airport :/

There's a nightclub in Galway that will occassionally frisk you. Once got a 2 week ban for sarcastically replying, AFTER being frisked, then asked if I had anything on me - "Yeah, a bomb."

Advertisement