Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding getting too drunk too early

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Just drink til you don't care what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    being the idiotic piss head i am, i can tell you from experience that food is the best way to counter embarrassment. I've shamed myself at weddings in the past so what I do now if i'm in a situation where I have to behave, is eat as much of the food that's going as you can, all throughout the night. You don't drink as fast but you can't still get drunk without being retarded too soon. Haven't made a show of myself at a wedding or xmas party in a while, from standing by this rule.

I find that if i eat to much i want to go asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just take it easy, it's not rocket science. The xmas & summer parties where I work start at 5 and usually run until around 6 the following morning and I've only ever seen 1 person totally out of it. Just because it's a free bar doesn't mean you have to abuse it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

couple of good things to do. well they work for me not healthy though.

wake up have a big greasy fry around 11 or half 11,
    at maybe 3 have some form of roll/sandwich,
    drink the first one or two slowly,
    eat the meal and drink water during it,
    drink on ...........
    when you feel yourself starting to go quickly get a vodka and red bull,
    it will keep you more alert than another beer would
    quickly run from ugly girl/guys apartment you found yourself in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I find that if i eat to much i want to go asleep

It's better than making a holy show of yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭zyxwvu

d1975 wrote: »
    in saying that we'll be having meal with our party which it's on at 7 but drinking from 6 so if I eat something before hand enough not to get too full for the party meal.

Meanwhile, in Africa...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

What ever happened to the ya, lets get pissed at the Christmas Party buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Warper wrote: »
    What ever happened to the ya, lets get pissed at the Christmas Party buzz?

There's a big difference between geting pissed and having a bit of fun and getting totally annihilated in front of your colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

eat lots of bread ! :) it absorbes the alcohol, and drink lots of milk it lines your stomach :D and take it handy !!
    Always worked for me when i didnt want to be making a show of meself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

OP, drink mineral water, exercise and you'll feel has you've never felt before... the best way to loosen up before a party. Girls will love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Take loads of yokes the night before and the next day it will be almost impossible to get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

What I do for weddings, Christmas parties etc., is not drink until after the meal. During it I'd have a mineral. Then you are starting to drink on a full stomach and there is less drinking time, but still enough to have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

When you find yourself getting too drunk, start drinking stronger drinks more quickly.

This will make you drink yourself sober.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

bluewolf wrote: »
    don't fcuking drink so much :confused::confused:
    good lord it's not rocket science

don't want to get drunk, drink less

That would be to presume that people who drink actually have control of their faculties.

As a man with some experience in the field I assure you that the more pints an individual has the less sense he has.

So I would say that controlling ones intake of drink is indeed as difficult as rocket science all in it's own way.

Good day to you Ma'am.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

Before: Milk Thistle

After: Dioralyte.

Modern medicine for the alcoholic. :cool:

Advertisement