Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Stock Car Extreme

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i got my teeth into this over the weekend and cannot recommend it enough.
    Reiza studios have done a fantastic job and have extracted every ounce of what this engine can do with this title.
    To me its got some of the best tyre modelling around, top notch physics ofcourse.
    Im especially loving the free DLC of open wheel formula machines.
    This review pretty much sums it up, anyone even remotely into simracing should check it out.

DLC and mods available here
    http://www.racedepartment.com/game-stock-car/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lads this thing is fecking awesome,i havent even thought of league racing since iracing but this is so so good im tempted to join one fo the leagues running it.
    While it might just fall short of iracing particularly in the visuals department its vastly less expensive plus it has ai.
    Barrichello and Webber have been spotted on some public servers too i hear, Rubens actively races in a Brazilian league which he just recently won :)
    Ive played everything running on this engine and this sim is by far the best of the bunch imho, rfactor,GTR2,Race,GTR evolution etc all included, very higly recommended folks :)
    Forgot to mention theres a timed demo available http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/Demo.aspx

Rubens Barrichello might have had a pretty miserable time over much of the Abu Dhabi weekend, as he suffered the worst grid position of his F1 career, but he had at least arrived in high spirits as a new 'champion'.

While Barrichello hasn't had much to smile about with his recent results in F1, as Williams endures the worst season in its history, the Brazilian has been getting his racing kicks with a bit of online racing.

Barrichello has been involved in a virtual touring car championship, and just ahead of the Abu Dhabi GP he crowned his season with the title.

"I won the championship!" he smiled. "I am mega now on that! I had to finish first and my main rival had to finish third, but he finished fourth - so it was just mega! It's getting better and better.

"And now in two weeks we are going to start the Brazilian stockcar championship."

Barrichello believes a touring car simulation is much more competitive, and ultimately better, than an F1 version - because of the way the cars handle.

"It's much more close to reality on the touring cars," he explained. "There are fewer g-forces and so on, while in F1 you don't feel the rear so much.

"And my prize money is getting higher and higher, so things are getting better - it's the way it should be in F1!"

aoyyt.jpg

UinUX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

The 30min trial they give doesnt do this any justice. They need to extend that.
    At first I wasnt all that impressed, it looks like an RFactor mod. Which is a way it is, being based on ISI's engine. But the more I drive it, the more I like it.
    There is a quality to it that I just cant put my finger on. The graphics and sound are lacklustre, no doubt about that, however the AI are OK.

All it needs is a bigger online community for pickup racers.

Agreed about the 30 mins, its nowhere near enough.
    It felt like a polished rfactor mod at first for me also but now ive given it quite a few hours i really appreciate what it offers by comparison.
    Graphics are what you would expect from the Gmotor2 engine, its dated now but the physics ,the force feedback, the dynamic track surfaces and bumps are really excellent.
    Sound is a mixed bad with the games flagship serves the V8 touring cars or stock cars as they are known in Brazil.
    However the F1 and Formula classics sounds are rather excellent imo.

Reviews are very positive.

http://www.virtualr.net/game-stock-car-review
    http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/615/game-stock-car-review/
    http://simjunkies.org/?p=211

Also worth checking out is race departments season opener highlights

http://www.racedepartment.com/2011/11/stock-car-championship-highlight-videos-curitiba/

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Just wanted to ask if anyone on here has this Game? I tried the Demo last year and liked it a lot....I never bought it though because, with hindsight, I stupidly thought, its just rFactor 1 modded, and I've already bought that so its not for me..

Now Game Stock Car 2012 has been released, with new content, makes me wish I had bought it because 2012 is FREE for anybody who bought the original.

The Demo was only 30 minutes long, not long enough for me to be convinced enough to buy it :( Pity because I remember the Racing, Force Feedback and graphics were superb.

Anyway, the new demo is released, the 2012 one, it gives you free play for an hour...

Everyone should try it :D

Heres a link for the Demo.

http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/en/demo.html

Im thinking of buying it next month maybe we could get some online races going on this as well as rF2??

Clive.

• Advertisement

OK, so I bought this last night, finally got around to it, as Dcully says "Its Feckin Awesome" and it only cost 16 Euros.

I only messed around with it for an Hour or 2 but loved it, the 2012 version has the following:

Mini Challenge
    Formula 3
    Formula Reiza (Copys of 2012 F1 Cars)
    Formula Classic (Copy of the 1988 Mclaren F1)
    Chevrolet Camero road car
    V8 Stock Car.

And about 10 or so Brazillian Tracks.

My Favourite so far are the V8's or the Formula 3 cars, you can really chuck them around.

I'm modding my cockpit at the moment, which is difficult because I just want to jump in and play the whole time..

There is now a Demo for anyone interested which gives limited content for 30 days!

Get it here http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/en/index.html

Glad you like it, any true sim fan owes it to themselves to try this gem.

Did you get to do some League racing with this Dcully?
    I know Ive only bought it but it might be something i'll be interested in, Iracings great, but hard to justify the price..

Must find a Forum for the game as I want to tweak it a little, I was knackered playing it last night but the head movement gave me a little motion sickness....Never had a game do that to me before ha ha..

Did you get to do some League racing with this Dcully?
    I know Ive only bought it but it might be something i'll be interested in, Iracings great, but hard to justify the price..

Must find a Forum for the game as I want to tweak it a little, I was knackered playing it last night but the head movement gave me a little motion sickness....Never had a game do that to me before ha ha..

No i didnt league race but done some fun organized races over on racedepartment.com
    I recommend joining a league like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Just downloaded this, and it's some crack... great little sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The 30min trial they give doesnt do this any justice. They need to extend that.
    The best way I think is to give one car and one track. If the games good you'll see it and want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭M00lers

Anyone using a Fanatec wheel with GSC 2012? Having a few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Anyone using a Fanatec wheel with GSC 2012? Having a few issues.

I did, just on the month demo mind but no issues at at...
    Whats your issue?

When using my GT3RSv2 wheel with GSC 2012 it seem to "autosteer" into the entry of a corner. I have all the Driving aids turned off so not sure what is going on but its a right pain!!

RFactor 2, Assetto Corsa Tech Preview, Project CARS and NetKar Pro are all perfect. :confused:

I do recall hearing people having issues like that over on race department...

see here and i hope its a help to you...

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/game-stock-car-g25-problem.55368/

robk24 wrote: »
    I do recall hearing people having issues like that over on race department...

see here and i hope its a help to you...

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/game-stock-car-g25-problem.55368/

Thanks for the link but that seems to be a fairly different problem with different hardware that was solved by using the correct in game profile for his G27.

I'll have a dig around those forums, hopefully I can get it sorted. I want to purchase Formula Trucks from Reiza but holding off until I fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Damn you guys!!! Hehe

I downloaded the 30 day demo last night and after 1 hour on the Formula 3 I had to buy the game. I just re-bought rF1 ther other day (long story) and nearly regret it now after testing this sim.

So instead of the rF2 weekly event (that kinda died off) should we maybe pickup GSC and run some events? Or even our own league?

Oo yeah I run the game with a Fanatec GT2 and have no issues.

I downloaded the 30 day demo last night and after 1 hour on the Formula 3 I had to buy the game. I just re-bought rF1 ther other day (long story) and nearly regret it now after testing this sim.

You should have listened to me harping on about it :p
    GSC 2012 and Formula Truck physics are better than rfactor 1 or 2 imho and its an older engine.
    €16 for a great sim with tonnes of content = bargain !

Hows the online racing? You tried any yet?

• Advertisement

Tried some in GSC [version before GSC2012] and it was rock solid.
    Havent done any GSC 2012 online yet but have with Formula Truck and its rock solid, i expect GSC 2012 to be the same.
    Theres lots of events arranged over on Race Department both for casual clean fun racers and if you want to take it to the next level with leagues.
    As always online play comes down to where your playing,servers community etc or just random pick up races.
    No grip racing also used to run events probably still do ,i ran in a few last year with GSC and it was good clean racing.
    Id recommend Race Department or no grip or some similar community.

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Damn you guys!!! Hehe

So instead of the rF2 weekly event (that kinda died off) should we maybe pickup GSC and run some events? Or even our own league?

Oo yeah I run the game with a Fanatec GT2 and have no issues.

Thanks c0rn3y,
    What Fanatec driver are you using?

Can feel that this is a quality title but this steering problem is ruining it for me!!!

I use driver version 144 (latest driver).

I'm using 152 BETA driver, I'll try 144 and see what the story is. What firmware are you running on the wheel?

Not sure what version, I have never updated the firmware even thought I think I should. Will have to check and get back to you on that one =)

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Not sure what version, I have never updated the firmware even thought I think I should. Will have to check and get back to you on that one =)

If you never updated your on 681.....

Dont know about the GT2, sold mine today! but the 756/757 on the elite is amazing.....

Had to set FFB to -100 to fix my steering/FFB issue. A quirk with some wheels seemingly!

Anybody found any good track packs for GSC?

I got my new three monitors yesterday evening and holy crap GSC with the Formula Classic was amazing. I tried, iRacing, rFactor1 and 2, pCars and I kept coming back to those Formula cars it was like everything came alive somehow. I only had everything setup very temporary so I can only guess how it will feel when I get it setup right.

So anybody up for doing a weekly event for fun in GSC?

Hi c0rn3y theres a few tracks over on race department GSC mod section.
    I havent tried them yet, i love the ones that came with the game.
    Totally agree with you about the Formula Classics,easily the most enjoyable series to me.

• Advertisement

So the series is updated to GSC 2013 and wow it just gets better!

Advertisement