Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fog lights

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The thing that bugs me is that one never hears of anyone being stopped by the cops for any of these things let alone appearing before a judge ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

corktina wrote: »
    do you think the fog lights on the front of your car are spot lights?

do you realise that fog lights are for use in the fog?

And its either people who dont know how to turn their fogs on or off, people who have a blown dip and think 'ah shur, I'll just use me fogs instead', or people who simply dont give a ****.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd say that someone using them in lieu of a blown dip is fair enough...better than looking like a motorbike. However the blown bulb should be replaced the very next day.
    By sheer coincidence I blew a dip the weekend... have an early morning drive tomorrow so had no choice but brave the rain this afternoon and fiddle about replacing it (my car's engine bay is impossibly cramped).
    Agree that must be some models of cars where people are unwittingly turning them on... but all dash displays have the little icon to say they're on, so it's still no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Well I've just doine a fog light test tonight, and I must say they are pretty crap in comparison to my dipped Headlights! I do admit that the front fogs are brighter directly in front of the car (for about five or six feet), but when you turn them off and then turn on the proper dipped beams (recommended) there is a massive difference on my 07' Megane. The dipped headlights stretch way out in front of the car and they point down onto the tarmac instead of skimming the surface (as per the fog's), so there is no fear of the dipped headlights dazzling other drivers.

It may look cool & trendy to have your front fogs on with the dipped beams off, but its just silly and inconsiderate for oncoming traffic.

Verdict; The dipped beams win-out against the 'front fogs' every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Does anyone round here still own a Dreamcast?

yes, 4 in the attic, one in regular use actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

corktina wrote: »
    do you think the fog lights on the front of your car are spot lights?

do you realise that fog lights are for use in the fog?

Posted from his iphone while driving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This isn't the Motors forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement