Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring outstanding balances?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible for a tenant to transfer their outstanding balance to a LL account. I assume the answer should be no.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi BostonB,

Balances would only be transferred where an account is closed/inactive and another (active) account exists in the name of the same customer. No amounts would ever be transferred from one customer to another.

Liability for oustanding amounts would always remain with the registered account holder; see our terms and conditions for further information (point 6 specifically). Landlords would only be liable when they are the registered account holder, i.e. when the bill is in their own name (which is why we would always advise them to transfer it to the name of the current occupant when a change of tenancy occurs).

If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Could you check it out if I send you the details later? What would you need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Absolutely BostonB, if you forward me on the relevant account number(s) and address(es) I'll have a look at it for you. We would also need the following details for data protection:
    • Your contact number
    • Date of birth
    • Confirmation that you are the named account holder
    Thanks,

David.

Advertisement