Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is O'Loughlins bar the best "old-mans" bar in Carlow town?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ceatharlach

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this in Carlow town?

Technically yes if you consider Carlow Castle to be in Carlow town then I would say so as it is to the side of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tommycahir wrote: »
    Is "the Loft" still open there? I spent quiet a while of my student days in "the loft bar" there was a great spot if the weather was decent.

yeah, i was up there last month. i dont know how often they open it up, but it's still a great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Technically yes if you consider Carlow Castle to be in Carlow town then I would say so as it is to the side of it.

I wouldn't consider it as I don't know Carlow at all;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?ll=52.836707,-6.937861&spn=0.002025,0.007725&vpsrc=6&ctz=0&t=m&z=18

corcorans is here just before the bridge on the carlow side, its pretty much straight walk from tullow st
    wouldn't say it's a football bar though. they have a small tv, or a couple of small tv's but it's a great pub for a few quiet pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lol any pub whose main clientel is older than 25 is considered an old man pub. that means scraggs and tullys dont make that list :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement