Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 7

• 21-11-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

So this is going be awesome right ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

A link would help:D

http://mariokart7.nintendo.com/

As long as it sorts out the problems from mario kart on the wii it should be a good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

A link would help:D

http://mariokart7.nintendo.com/

As long as it sorts out the problems from mario kart on the wii it should be a good game.

Sorry. I didn't think a game as big as this needed a link :)

What problems did MK on Wii have ?

brianon wrote: »
    Sorry. I didn't think a game as big as this needed a link :)

What problems did MK on Wii have ?

I hated that when you where in first place you got ass raped by many red shells and blue shell bombs:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

And that was different on the Wii to the GC, SNES and GBA versions because....?

It's the way of the Kart. If you're in the lead, you get nothing but bananas, ?s and green shells (which you're supposed to hang off the back of your kart to mitigate all the red shells coming at you). If you're at the back you get chomps, stars, mushrooms, blue shells, lightning and pows. If you want a fair racing game you're in the wrong place :)

Although the Wii version was missing the ability to dodge a Red shell by using cornering boosts at the very last second. Or maybe it was there but it was harder to pull off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

I hated that when you where in first place you got ass raped by many red shells and blue shell bombs:mad:

as far as i can remeber that is the same in most of them :p

altho we know you do enjoy it

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    And that was different on the Wii to the GC, SNES and GBA versions because....?

It's the way of the Kart. If you're in the lead, you get nothing but bananas, ?s and green shells (which you're supposed to hang off the back of your kart to mitigate all the red shells coming at you). If you're at the back you get chomps, stars, mushrooms, blue shells, lightning and pows. If you want a fair racing game you're in the wrong place :)

Although the Wii version was missing the ability to dodge a Red shell by using cornering boosts at the very last second. Or maybe it was there but it was harder to pull off :)
    antocann wrote: »
    as far as i can remeber that is the same in most of them :p

altho we know you do enjoy it

The Wii version was worse,in the previous games your rival was a decent driver and would always be thereabout but in the Wii version you would simply get battered at the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Get rid of blue shell

They'll never do that BUT afaik it has changed. It travels by ground now.

Also I think you can have custom online games with no/some items.
    You can create communities.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=166563
    - online communities let you create custom communities with specific play parameters
    - you can share these communities with others
    - start with a list of the different items, characters and kart parts to choose what you want
    - example: you can have a green shell only race or a Luigi only race or a standard kart frame race
    - cannot specify more than one at a time
    - Balloon Battles has you trying to pop as many of your opponents' balloons as possible within a time limit
    - coin battles are timed as well
    - six levels to choose from in battle mode
    - Battle Course 1 from Mario Kart Super Circuit, Big Donut from Mario Kart 64 and Palm Shore from Mario Kart DS return
    - Honeybee Hive, Sherbet Rink and WuHu Town are the new maps
    - Mirror Flip races

**We need to create a boards.ie community in game! Weekly tournaments etc... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

looking forward to it but I really hate the blue shell. now I'm off to bed to dream of a 3ds version of Rock n Roll Racing

• Advertisement

and again :) "eh... why was this moved from > Nintendo to > Games ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Is there a reason why developers get walloped for releasing iteration after iteration of COD/FIFA etc. yet Nintendo get away with barely changed 'sequels' or rereleasing the same games again and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

quad_red wrote: »
    Is there a reason why developers get walloped for releasing iteration after iteration of COD/FIFA etc. yet Nintendo get away with barely changed 'sequels' or rereleasing the same games again and again?

Kids are idiots?

Fifa gets a yearly update plus for Euro and World Cups.

There has been one Mario kart on SNES, one on GBA, one of GC, one on DS, one on Wii and now one on 3DS. That's six on six different platforms. How many Fifa/PES/COD on 360 alone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Can't wait for this game. I absolutely love the series and I'll definitely be getting it launch day.

Anyone interested in participating in an online community should visit mariokart64.com. Go to the forum link and you can read all the latest stuff. The actual competition page isn't up yet, but it will be in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The track list is out.

16 new tracks, 16 tracks from past Mario Karts.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-full-mario-kart-7-track-list-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mr E wrote: »
    The track list is out.

16 new tracks, 16 tracks from past Mario Karts.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-full-mario-kart-7-track-list-revealed

I expected a lot of old tracks to reappear but to have half of them as classic tracks is disappointing.

I think it's always been the case tbh. I like the fact they keep in the old tracks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you were a fan of the Mario Kart series, or even played a couple of them, then you would be well aware that they alter the gameplay again and again in each version, releasing only one Kart game per format.
    Super Mario Kart on the Snes
    Mario Kart 64 on the N64
    Mario Kart Super Circuit on the GBA
    Mario Kart Double Dash on the Gamecube
    Mario Kart DS on the DS
    Mario Kart Wii on the Wii.

Each game introduces sometimes unique gameplay elements, the handling changes, the tracks completely change (bar the classic tracks).
    Multiplayer modes come and go with a mix of new and classic features.

So, just so's you know, the Mario Kart series is not some easily pigeonholed, annually updated racing games.
    They are, typically, well honed and best in class.

Aside from Mario Kart 64, which was pants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Wii version was worse,in the previous games your rival was a decent driver and would always be thereabout but in the Wii version you would simply get battered at the last minute.
    I disagree to an extent. This was probably true on the SNES, but then I remember the AI didn't really use their power-ups much on the SNES. On the N64 and the Wii they constantly used them, the trick is to spot them and deal with them. Really the purple shell is the only one to worry about and that doesn't appear that often. In my experience it usually doesn't appear when you're close to the finish line and and have someone right on your ass. It only tends to appear if you're miles in front, or halfway through the race.
    They'll never do that BUT afaik it has changed. It travels by ground now.
    Is it my imagination or did it used to travel by ground and knock over anyone who got in it's way? There also used to be circumstances where it could be outrun and would "die" if you went over certain jumps or put indestructible objects between you. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you were a fan of the Mario Kart series, or even played a couple of them, then you would be well aware that they alter the gameplay again and again in each version, releasing only one Kart game per format.
    Mario Kart 64 on the N64
    Mario Kart DS on the DS

Each game introduces sometimes unique gameplay elements, the handling changes, the tracks completely change (bar the classic tracks).

So, just so's you know, the Mario Kart series is not some easily pigeonholed, annually updated racing games.

snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I expected a lot of old tracks to reappear but to have half of them as classic tracks is disappointing.

I'd prefer 16 new, 16 old to just having 16 new :P
    just saying :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

Is there going to be a new MK on the wii? Its pain i bought a DSi XL there late last yr and now i cant get the new super mario or mario kart cause they are for 3DS :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Aldee84 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a new MK on the wii? Its pain i bought a DSi XL there late last yr and now i cant get the new super mario or mario kart cause they are for 3DS :mad::mad::mad:

Nope. Nintendo don't rehash the same game and release more then one MK per console. You still have the choice of either the DS game and/or the wii version!

Nope. Nintendo don't rehash the same game and release more then one MK per console. You still have the choice of either the DS game and/or the wii version!

Yeah I would imagine the next (after 7) will be on the WiiU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mario Kart 64 on the N64
    Mario Kart DS on the DS

I've owned and played the pants out of Mario Kart on the SNES and Mario Kart on the DS.

I played a good bit of Mario Kart 64 (friend had N64) and Mario Kart Wii (friend has Wii).

I'm not saying they were bad games (in fact, Mario Kart SNES would be up there with best all time multiplayer memories).

I'm just saying I think they've become stale.

Just an opinion.

snap

:rolleyes:

anchormanjump.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So whos getting MK7 on release?
    Is there any extras in the shops like there was with SM3DL last week? I got a dust cover for my 3DS in GAME with the game, I will never use it, but still nice to have!

Smyths seem to be selling games at around €35 on day of release, Prof Layton was €35 on friday and Mario3d was €35 I think too, got mario3d for €45 in GAME tho as HMV were sold out on the day which was weird and sucks :-(

afaik there are no MK7 'extras' around. I'll be getting it (have it pre-ordered).

Isn't the White 3DS w/Super Mario out this Friday also ?

pm me your 3DS friend code for MK7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Not sure, there is a few differnt 3ds's out this month, zelda 1, pink and white i think.
    Was kinda hoping there would be something extra with MK7, oh well.

Friend code does be 1418 - 6784 - 3680 :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Got my Zelda 3ds yesterday. I must say, I'm very impressed so far. I also got ten euro of free Smyths' vouchers which I'll be using against MK7's price.

Also, the 16 old tracks, 16 new tracks has been the case since MKDS. Most people (me included) like playing the old tracks.

Advertisement