Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 7

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I must say as a big MK fan I'm pretty disappointed with this. I should point out that Mario Kart DS is one of my favourite games and I had been playing it right up to getting MK 7 and to me the new instalment is a disappointment.

One of the things I loved doing on the DS game was wiping out opponents by knocking them off the track with Bowser (like in the Banshee Boardwalk and Rainbow Road courses) but it doesn't seem possible to do it in MK7? That takes away a major enjoyment factor of the game for me. Some of the courses are beautiful, I particularly like the new Rainbow Road, but it just doesn't offer the pure mad fun of the previous handheld incarnation imo.

I guess I'll persist with it in the hope my mood changes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I must say as a big MK fan I'm pretty disappointed with this. I should point out that Mario Kart DS is one of my favourite games and I had been playing it right up to getting MK 7 and to me the new instalment is a disappointment.

One of the things I loved doing on the DS game was wiping out opponents by knocking them off the track with Bowser (like in the Banshee Boardwalk and Rainbow Road courses) but it doesn't seem possible to do it in MK7? That takes away a major enjoyment factor of the game for me. Some of the courses are beautiful, I particularly like the new Rainbow Road, but it just doesn't offer the pure mad fun of the previous handheld incarnation imo.

I guess I'll persist with it in the hope my mood changes. :(

The Kart Customistation hasn't helped as Yoshi I can Bash Toad away easily, don't remember doing that before. I've played every MK bar the snes and wii ones. HATE the fact they took out Vs. mode too, think it was released early to be on shelves for the x-mas shopping. I'm enjoying it yeah but it won't be in the cart slot as much as Mario Kart DS was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

GTR63 wrote: »
    The Kart Customistation hasn't helped as Yoshi I can Bash Toad away easily, don't remember doing that before. I've played every MK bar the snes and wii ones. HATE the fact they took out Vs. mode too, think it was released early to be on shelves for the x-mas shopping. I'm enjoying it yeah but it won't be in the cart slot as much as Mario Kart DS was.[/QUOT

you need some experience on ds and wii version to master mini turbo,

yoshi in the previous games usual the speed character,

toad and koopa are good at handling

bowser, wario, dk are heavy wights, slow starters but are fastest characters in the game

Mario and Luigi are all rounders
    ive playing every mario kart game since snes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I met another Mii through Streetpass the other day and now that Mii is showing up in some single player races. They don't turn up in every race just a few.

Anyone know what the idea behind it is? Is it ghost data from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Nollog

I met another Mii through Streetpass the other day and now that Mii is showing up in some single player races. They don't turn up in every race just a few.

Anyone know what the idea behind it is? Is it ghost data from them?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

the new update for mario kart 7 version 1.1 patch is available nintendo eshop now on 3ds, i got it last saturday. it adds new mario kart 7 channel and play against mii online, through spotpass like mario tennis open and many more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    the new update for mario kart 7 version 1.1 patch is available nintendo eshop now on 3ds, i got it last saturday. it adds new mario kart 7 channel and play against mii online, through spotpass like mario tennis open and many more

That patch appeared mid-May and only fixed glitches on some tracks...the other features were already there! :pac: :rolleyes:

Advertisement