Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

highland show

• 21-11-2011 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

did anyone here ever go to the highland show in edinburgh i would like to go this year how did u go and where(especially this was it far from show sitr) did u stay and what was the show like any advise would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

We were there in 09.Great show.Located just beside the airport.Lots of public transport to the centre of Edinburgh. We hired a car and stayed in the city centre. We have been to severel other U.K. shows and would rank The Highland as No1. The one catch is the weather.We were blessed with sunshine but I spoke to a friend who went last year and it was shocking so be prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

leoch wrote: »
    did anyone here ever go to the highland show in edinburgh i would like to go this year how did u go and where(especially this was it far from show sitr) did u stay and what was the show like any advise would be great thanks

Highland show is a really good show, especially the livestock. I usually get cheapy ryanair at 7am in dublin, Edinburgh airport is right beside the showgrounds. Then home again 7pm ....no messing

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stagg88

I was there this year. great show really good atmosphere and loads of food samples everywhere from the big supermarket chains. Machinery, animals, renewable elec etc not much gimicky stuff like the ploughing more down to earth and in a proper show ground. Stayed in apartments that you can rent in the middle of the city but loads of buses in and out. Its in a proper show ground too so no problems with the muck. Only thing is tickets were 25 pound and watch out for the young farmers association on the last day!!! they all on the beer and roudy and stuff but fantastic show it and the royal welsh are in a field of their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

went there 2 years ago to play with the band that myself and 8 mates put together. we went over to play on the young farmers stage with the promise that they would supply a drum kit. they didnt. Wasnt best pleased!:mad:
    Good show though. Ayrshires and shorthorns had very impressive cattle at it. Oh and the angus's of course!

Advertisement