If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies For The Delay In Getting Answers Out To You Guys

Options
  • 21-11-2011 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭

Hey All.

Apologies for the delay in getting replies out to you Boardies. Things have been super busy at this end and we are doing our best to get back up to speed.

Sorry for any hassle that this may be causing:)

If you need us in a hurry we can be contacted direct on 0044 333 900 0071

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Bump.

Ritz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Guys.

We are really playing catch up at the moment and we have recently been really busy. I know this isn't a great excuse but some of you have been on by email and some by the phone.

If your inquiry is urgent, give us a call on 0044 333 900 0070.

We will be posting tonight and tomorrow to try to get caught up.

Sorry for the delay.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys.

We are really playing catch up at the moment and we have recently been really busy. I know this isn't a great excuse but some of you have been on by email and some by the phone.

If your inquiry is urgent, give us a call on 0044 333 900 0070.

We will be posting tonight and tomorrow to try to get caught up.

Sorry for the delay.

ATB

Dave

...but I am catching up ( at the expense of sleep, marriage, social life :D)

I'll keep the apologies coming..

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I think "apology offers" are on the cards!!

branners69 wrote: »
    I think "apology offers" are on the cards!!

...I knew as I was posting that I was making a mistake :rolleyes: - what are you after??

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

what are you after??

I need a receiver and speakers for the kids play room to go with a Panny 50" VT30. I dont want the speakers to over take the room so I was looking at these , her in doors wants white speakers! Are there any other white speakers available?

I need a receiver to match, I am aiming at one of these:
    Denon 1912
    Onkyo 609
    Pioneer VSX921

I was thinking about the Denon 2312 but I dont think the speakers would do the receiver justice?

My budget is around the €800 mark!

Thanks,

Branners

branners69 wrote: »
    I need a receiver and speakers for the kids play room to go with a Panny 50" VT30. I dont want the speakers to over take the room so I was looking at these , her in doors wants white speakers! Are there any other white speakers available?

I need a receiver to match, I am aiming at one of these:
    Denon 1912
    Onkyo 609
    Pioneer VSX921

I was thinking about the Denon 2312 but I dont think the speakers would do the receiver justice?

My budget is around the €800 mark!

Thanks,

Branners

Branners,

OK here is a deal for ya.

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 (thats a Vector Centre V10 / Vector V20 Satellites * 2 pairs and a VW8 sub ) all in spouse pleasing white

Pioneer VSX921

€799.99...

retail should be way over £800....

If you wanted to upgrade and go for the AVR2312 - the figure would be €929.99..

Keep me posted if it looks interesting...

Thanks and apologies for keeping you waiting again,

ATVB,

John Mc

Branners,

OK here is a deal for ya.

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 (thats a Vector Centre V10 / Vector V20 Satellites * 2 pairs and a VW8 sub ) all in spouse pleasing white

Pioneer VSX921

€799.99...

retail should be way over £800....

If you wanted to upgrade and go for the AVR2312 - the figure would be €929.99..

Keep me posted if it looks interesting...

Thanks and apologies for keeping you waiting again,

ATVB,

John Mc

Hi John,

am interested, just a couple of questions. Can I buy the speakers separately as in I would need 4 white satellites but as the centre speaker will be under the TV I would sooner a black one and a black woofer!! Just to be awkward!

One thing, these are going into the kids rooms. There is flex ran as speaker cables, I know this isnt ideal but I am assuming these speakers will be fine with the flex?

I think I will go for the Denon 2312 for the extra HDMIs. How much difference price and sound wise is the Onkyo 609 which is also on my hit list?

Can you supply the Monitor Audio wall brackets too?

Thanks,

Branners

Hi Branners.

The Vector packs are sold as packages, but we do bring them in individually as well so there shouldn't be a problem as long as we can get the stock for you in time.

Dedicated speaker cable is always better, but as long as the flex has a decent inner core, it will work. It may not give you as good a quality as you would get from good dedicated cable.

You'd be looking at €889 with Mr Orinoco and the brackets for the Vector are £24.95 per pair and we normally keep them in stock, although they do sell very well.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

Hi Branners.

The Vector packs are sold as packages, but we do bring them in individually as well so there shouldn't be a problem as long as we can get the stock for you in time.

Dedicated speaker cable is always better, but as long as the flex has a decent inner core, it will work. It may not give you as good a quality as you would get from good dedicated cable.

You'd be looking at €889 with Mr Orinoco and the brackets for the Vector are £24.95 per pair and we normally keep them in stock, although they do sell very well.

Keep me posted.

ATB
    Dave

Hey Dave,

so what is the final price in yoyos for the speakers as above with brackets, including the the Onkyo and including a Humax Freesat 500gb HDR + delivery?

Thanks,

Branners

• Advertisement

Hi Branners.

The Euro total including shipping would be €1264.00

Give me a bell on 0044 333 900 0070 if you would like to go ahead.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcxmarkus

Hi Dave,

I am also interested in a package with the VSX-921 and Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 , just wondering if the Q Acoustics 2000 might be even better and how the Cambridge Audio Minx S215 compare to that (since RS raves about them) ?

Mostly listen to music but also want the 5.1 for movies.

Cheers,
    Markus

mcxmarkus wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

I am also interested in a package with the VSX-921 and Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 , just wondering if the Q Acoustics 2000 might be even better and how the Cambridge Audio Minx S215 compare to that (since RS raves about them) ?

Mostly listen to music but also want the 5.1 for movies.

Cheers,
    Markus

McXmarcus,

Thanks for the post - The VSX921 with the Vector 5.1 at a push we can do at €799.99 - if you are primarily interested in Music as opposed to to Movies I would actually swap the system around a little and opt for either the Denon AVR1912 or if you can stretch to it the AVR2312 - the 2312 is a significant step up from the 1912 or the VSX921 and we can do a great system deal on it for you.

On the speaker front - again I think that given your musical leaning I would def opt for the Vector over the Minx, the Minx to be fair offers pretty exceptional sound for the money and especially given the size of the satellites and the really compact sub :eek: I've been in the business a long time but I just cannot work out where the bass comes from :confused: - However the Vector satellites are really just small bookshelf speakers as oppossed to satellites and offer a significant step up in audio quality - again the move to the Q A 2000 system will enhance the quality even more - however the old 2000 system is now discontinued and I only have odds and sods left ( I hope to do a clearance on what I have left on Boards over the weekend) the new 2000i series is significantly more expensive but if you are interested I'll happily pop together a quote for you..

What I would do as an alterantive and to throw the cat amoung the pigeons is to put the AVR2312 with the Monitor Audio BX2 5.1 at £1069.95 which is only £30 more than the 5 star speaker pack is shown at with a 5 star review (and it includes a receiver that retailed at £799!!!!)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for your reply.

1) Tough decissions to make, I have a budget of 800€ but might be able to stretch a bit, have to check my vacation budget :) I would like to get it for my new years party, I am flying back on the 30th Dec in morning, would it be possible to collect it in Dublin Phillips Store that day?

2) The reason why I was thinking to get the pioneer vsx-921 primarily was because it supports to play also videos and pictures from the iphone/ipad and as far I can see the Denon that has probably better audio quality does not have this function? (I also prefer the fancy onscreen GUI on vsx-921 but not that important)

3) I really like the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 but as an alternative to get a better system I was thinking it might be more worthy to consider getting the Q A 2000 5.1 system if you have a clearence to offer or even better get the 2000i without the rear speakers (Front L R+center+sub) if thats possible in that budget and get the rear speaker next year?

4) I read in board somewhere that there is no cables with the speakers? Than I also would need some good quality cables for the fronts/center/sub that (1-1.5m, for the back I have already 2 pairs of transparent audio cables in my apartment that goes under the floor)

Looking forward to what you can do and would love to get a good deal done asap as I am going on vacation, otherwise I might have to postpone to next year.

Many Thanks
    Markus

Hi John, thanks for your reply.

1) Tough decissions to make, I have a budget of 800€ but might be able to stretch a bit, have to check my vacation budget :) I would like to get it for my new years party, I am flying back on the 30th Dec in morning, would it be possible to collect it in Dublin Phillips Store that day?

Use it at your NYE party, sounds unwise unless al your friends are very civilised :D... At the moment collection of that kit in The Philips shop is not possible unless it's fully paid - but you could pop in earlier and pay for it and we will happily ship it direcly to you or to you via The Philips Shop.
    2) The reason why I was thinking to get the pioneer vsx-921 primarily was because it supports to play also videos and pictures from the iphone/ipad and as far I can see the Denon that has probably better audio quality does not have this function? (I also prefer the fancy onscreen GUI on vsx-921 but not that important)

Yep the GUI on the Pioneer is fancier, but don't forget that you dont use that too often once you have completed the initial set-up..and from what I can remember the Denon can also do pics via iphone/pad
    3) I really like the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 but as an alternative to get a better system I was thinking it might be more worthy to consider getting the Q A 2000 5.1 system if you have a clearence to offer or even better get the 2000i without the rear speakers (Front L R+center+sub) if thats possible in that budget and get the rear speaker next year?

I'll pop the clearance pricing up in the next hour in a separate thread - keep your eye out! and yes there is no problem selling the system as separate fronts / rears etc - you just tell us what you would like and we will look after you..

4) I read in board somewhere that there is no cables with the speakers? Than I also would need some good quality cables for the fronts/center/sub that (1-1.5m, for the back I have already 2 pairs of transparent audio cables in my apartment that goes under the floor)

No there is no cable supplied with most speakers, which is something that I think a lot of Customers are surprised at - if you are looking for some decent cable, without breaking the bank I would have a look at the Cambridge Audio Symphony 400 cable - If you are buying some of this with a system we will of course do you a deal (we normally offer Boardies 20% off on selected interconnects and cables ;)) so give me a shout and tell me what length and interconnects you need and I'll happily work you out an overall price..

Thanks again - keep mc posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Thakns John,

Can you please make me an offer for VSX-921 + QA2000i Front LR/center/sub + Symphony 400 for 8m + interconnectors I need for that setup?

Alternative pricing including the Denon instead 1912 / 2312.

Many Thanks.
    Markus

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.