Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FACEbook

• 21-11-2011 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Hands up who does or does not have a facebook account ?

I am 94% sure this thread has never been done before.

17 Likes.

Face book Yay or Nay 54 votes

No I don't & never will
    0%
    Yes I do and always will
    37%
    Diddy KongtoxofMorlarfoxyboxerwobblesSea DevilsomerinDancorgiant_midgetgaz wacbastadosMy name is URLmailforkevHank_Joneswho what whenMr MagnersBigBrownBearOh_NoesCill Dara AbuAtomicjuicer 20 votes
    Not yet
    46%
    azezilZascarkeano_afcgafarrellpatmacgustavomocoSitecBig NastyIang87GavRedKingliamygunner29tallaghtmickDavidson2k9carolinespringthreestripesAngronDublin ChickAntomus PrimeDerfil 25 votes
    Yes but getting rid of it cos it's ****e.
    0%
    other
    16%
    NewaglishNailzbluemachaveliAmiraniLaois_ManFukuyamashannon_tekLighterGuyim invisible 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Stalker Alert!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

More of a friendface user myself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I know where the facebook thread is and you will know soon enough as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Yes I do and always will
    hondasam wrote: »
    I know where the facebook thread is and you will know soon enough as well.

Well that doesn't sound like fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

I do have one, I have it open in another tab, when I finish writing this, I will go back to it to continue perving for holiday pics :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Morlar wrote: »
    Hands up who does or does not have a facebook account ?

So if we have to put our hands (should it not be arms btw?) up for both options how are you gonna know who does and does not have a FB account? :confused:

Btw I don't and I never will!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Does anyone have a myspace page?

Yes I do and always will
    kfallon wrote: »
    So if we have to put our hands (should it not be arms btw?) up for both options how are you gonna know who does and does not have a FB account? :confused

Ok you got me this survey is really to ferret out all the passive aggressives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

100% of people use it according to the poll I did on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Well that doesn't sound like fun.

neither is facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have thought about deleting it due to the privacy concerns, but unfortunately people only tend to use Facebook Chat over MSN or Google these days :rolleyes: , deleting it would also mean I loose contact with many people but the main issue is the chat. I wouldnt mind so much but its the worst f*ckin chat service in existance.
    I must admit though I much prefare Facebook to that Twitter crap, I would have deleted that bloody thing long ago but its useful for contacting various companies social media support teams, why the f*ck have a word limit on a computer, text messaging fair enough but on the bloody computer!!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Not yet
    I love my Facebook page <3

And my Twitter & myspace!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm on it. Less and less with each passing week. It's just boring.

Yes I do and always will
    I love my Facebook page <3

And my Twitter & myspace!
    :D

Don't take this the wrong way but is this some kind of vanity thing (ok there may not be a right way to take that but it's not intended to offend) ? Is it to present a certain image to the rest of the world, lots of friends, lots of active healthy interests and an active outgoing life sort of thing ? Happy healthy shiney happey look at me ?

I don't have any of those. I set up a facebook once years and years ago but logged in maybe once then forgot the password & haven't ever missed it aside from links that do not work - then I remember and click on X. I am not a complete techno heathen but I just never got the whole 'sharing my life with the world because they need to know' side of the internet (beyond forums).

This is not meant to piss off facebookers - just thinking out loud here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

I voted other, because I have one, but can't honestly say right now that I "always will"
    Poll = Broken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Don't take this the wrong way but is this some kind of vanity thing (ok there may not be a right way to take that but it's not intended to offend) ? Is it to present a certain image to the rest of the world, lots of friends, lots of active healthy interests and an active outgoing life sort of thing ? Happy healthy shiney happey look at me ?

I don't have any of those. I set up a facebook once years and years ago but logged in maybe once then forgot the password & haven't ever missed it aside from links that do not work - then I remember and click on X. I am not a complete techno heathen but I just never got the whole 'sharing my life with the world because they need to know' side of the internet (beyond forums).

This is not meant to piss off facebookers - just thinking out loud here.

I used my Facebook page to stay in touch with friends and family, i use my Twitter to stay in touch with fellow producers in the UK and the States.

That's about it.

It's a means of communication for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not yet
    I'm going back to Bebo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Not yet
    Its free, and its a great way to stay in contact with people. I see no reason not to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Not yet
    I really dont understand the stick it gets. I have friends in America, Australia, Canada and it enables me to keep in touch with them and chat for free. If you dont like it, dont sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

other
    Have a facebook. Only really use it for the GF (sending her funny random stuff, games on it) .. nothing else. I really couldnt give a fu*k if i deleted it. I dont talk to the friends I got on it as majority are just 'acquaintances' now which is what I f**king hate about people and facebook :mad:

Person signs up. Has to have 300 friends. Seems anything less means "you dont have a social life" :rolleyes: so they add every tom, dick and harry they ever knew. Even if it was someone who they only talked to once for 5 mins 10 years ago in some crappy job :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement