Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options
  • 21-11-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Less than five weeks to Christmas, and this year, ESB Electric Ireland is marking it by embracing social media. :)

Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas is a charity drive and a literal drive! Taking place over two days, 8th/9th December, three teams representing a charity each - the Irish Cancer Society, Concern Worldwide, and the ISPCC - will travel from Dublin to Galway, and back again, in an ESB ecar, a DeLorean and a New York yellow taxi-cab.

However, this is not just a run-of-the-mill charity drive, this is a charity drive with a twist. You see, the cars and their drivers are relying on the public's support via Facebook and Twitter to complete the drive.

Question: What about fuel/power? Answer: Tweets and Facebook likes. :)

On each team will be some well-known names: among them, sports broadcaster Brent Pope, musician Mundy, comedians Joe Rooney and Andrew Stanley, magician Keith Barry, and television presenter Katie Van Buren.

Each charity will be allocated €10,000 by ESB Electric Ireland, and the three teams will compete to raise an additional €20,000. People can show their support for their chosen charity by posting on Facebook, or tweeting, to help their charity win the lion's share of the prize money.

The teams need other members too though, and ESB Electric Ireland is inviting people, via Facebook, to enter a competition for three winners to join the teams in this unique charity drive.

To mark the launch of the event, we are running a competition here on Boards.ie, offering a voucher for €250, courtesy of Carphone Warehouse, which provides plenty of excellent smartphones for you to chose from, that will keep you up to speed with the Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas campaign.

To enter, just post anything you like of a festive nature to this thread - for example, something that gives you that Christmassy feeling; doesn't have to be typical of today, it could be from way back when... :)

The winner will be chosen at random, and the competition closes the morning of Monday 28th November. Best of luck!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I like to streak through midnight mass, Give the auld ones something for christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

Better take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas tree !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cellboy

very nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Sitting down to very carefully write in my best handwriting my letter to Santa always got me into the Christmassy feeling beacuse you knew you didnt have to wait long until his arrival.

Of course things have progressed and now we have great craic following his progress online with the GPS tracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

merry fishmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Seeing the Coca Cola and Budweiser ad's on TV, makes it seem that Christmas really is on the way... top that off with Driving home for Christmas by Chris Rea and it really is Christmas time!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jonnysimples

Love the whole process of putting up the tree; agonising over the best one to take, driving home with boot open and half the tree hanging out, dragging decorations out of the attic, untangling lights and then celebrating with hot chocolate and mince pies when it's all done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

die-hard-poster.jpg

It always gets me in the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Sing; Penney's got a whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for the fam-i-ly, la la la la.....

Also the Barry's tea ad with the train set....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JAKEYCAKEY

On the first of december driving to and from work while every radio station plays Fairytale of Newyork at least once

HOLIDAYS ARE COMIN HOLIDAYS ARE COMING GREAT STUFF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Not Willy Wonka again, whats on the other channel? Mary Poppins. Anyone for monopoly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsvjKkKeXJ6_S9KnifPH_jrjRktejsJkqt_20vJjRjHVt1PLdxJWGiF0afNQ

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Quatro24

There will have to be a whole lot of Skype this Christmas with so many of my people away in Australia!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Love seeing my little girls face on Christmas morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭phester28

I love the Irish Coffee on Christmas day.

Happy Christmas to All

Thats all folks:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I get the festive feeling when I'm walking down Grafton Street looking around at all those lovely Christmas lights powered by ESB Electric Ireland while wishing my loved ones a Merry Christmas on a smart phone courtesy of Carphone Warehouse

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Xmas! tree - lights - drink and food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Christmas Theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and the Budget cuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rosswood14

Christmas was always a very happy time in our house, As I am the eldest of a very large family - I got to enjoy watching the younger members of the family anxiously await the arrival of Santa - who always arrived on Christmas Eve just when the house and children were all clean and tidy. The turf fire was on, the Christmas Music playing in the background ,and then the sheer excitement when one of the family was sent out to see if there was any sign of Santa - to find a large box left outside the back door. Then it was shouts of joy. You could not hear yourself think for the rest of the night as one by one we opened our presents and were heard to say ' How did Santa know I wanted this'. - isn't he a great Man,
    Just writing this brings a tear to my eye. Life moves on but Thank God for the happy memories.
    Hi everyone,

Less than five weeks to Christmas, and this year, ESB Electric Ireland is marking it by embracing social media. :)

Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas is a charity drive and a literal drive! Taking place over two days, 8th/9th December, three teams representing a charity each - the Irish Cancer Society, Concern Worldwide, and the ISPCC - will travel from Dublin to Galway, and back again, in an ESB ecar, a DeLorean and a New York yellow taxi-cab.

However, this is not just a run-of-the-mill charity drive, this is a charity drive with a twist. You see, the cars and their drivers are relying on the public's support via Facebook and Twitter to complete the drive.

Question: What about fuel/power? Answer: Tweets and Facebook likes. :)

On each team will be some well-known names: among them, sports broadcaster Brent Pope, musician Mundy, comedians Joe Rooney and Andrew Stanley, magician Keith Barry, and television presenter Katie Van Buren.

Each charity will be allocated €10,000 by ESB Electric Ireland, and the three teams will compete to raise an additional €20,000. People can show their support for their chosen charity by posting on Facebook, or tweeting, to help their charity win the lion's share of the prize money.

The teams need other members too though, and ESB Electric Ireland is inviting people, via Facebook, to enter a competition for three winners to join the teams in this unique charity drive.

To mark the launch of the event, we are running a competition here on Boards.ie, offering a voucher for €250, courtesy of Carphone Warehouse, which provides plenty of excellent smartphones for you to chose from, that will keep you up to speed with the Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas campaign.

To enter, just post anything you like of a festive nature to this thread - for example, something that gives you that Christmassy feeling; doesn't have to be typical of today, it could be from way back when... :)

The winner will be chosen at random, and the competition closes at midnight, Sunday 27th November. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Gotta be the Christmas lights getting turned on in town! You know your getting close then!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

Sitting at home with the fire lighting, the christmas tree lights up and watching elf or miracle on 34th street : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

christmas-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Picking out an aluminium pole for Festivus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I love Christmas Eve night, when my girls are asleep and I sneak around ensuring Santa has remembered everything. Love laying having some gifs visible and some hidden in the bottom of their little socks to prolong the excitement. This year I am rostered to work night 23rd, 24th and 25th so I won't see their sleepy but excited little faces in the morning but I'll make up for it when I get home. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Charging my new iPhone 4s that I got in Carphone with electric ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Shopping in Dublin city centre on a cold December night with the Christmas lights on, shop windows done up and a festive hustle and bustle.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

Smells like Christmas Spirit ! - that's what gets me at this time

( mulled wine and mince pies and very dodgey aftershave ! ):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

we wish you a marketed brandmas
    and lots of branded new gear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement