Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

putting up the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Billy Zhang

Good luck everybody:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Do they know it's christmas in Africa? Probably...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

turning on the christmas lights!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

There was really annoying Christmas music playing in Tescos today. In NOVEMBER.

I feel sorry for the staff who work there at this time of year.

• Advertisement

turning on the christmas lights!:)

Do they know it's christmas in Africa? Probably...

Nothing gets me into the mood for Christmas like the smell of pine needles from a real Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Good tidings I bring :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

Food + Wine = Happy Miami Snow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 FrankKay

When your sitting at home by the fire watching christmas film with the family and eating chinese or etc... and the tree is up and everyone is happy all the stuff is left out for santa thats what is best about christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Viidya

This always reminds me of christmas love this song so much :3.

Good luck all :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Drawing the names for secret santa! :) That always makes me feel like christmas. And then trying to figure out who everyone else got and who got you so you can drop subtle hints! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Hot chocolate, marshmallows, late late toy show, kids and wife cuddled up on the couch!!!

Holidays are indeed coming ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Seeing selection boxes replace monkey nuts in the supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I <3 Santa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Biscuits16

funny-santa_RIP-graphic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭adigilani

Visited Poland on Xmas 2008. Since then every season when it snows reminds me of the snow then and me on snow the snow on my arse... Fell a lot of times but enjoyed every time... I guess the holiday spirit... Love Xmas...

I wanna win this voucher to treat my wife

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Brussels sprouts!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

On Christmas Day we have a family puc fada across our land. My four brothers my brother-in-law and i compete to see who can take the fewest pucks to Granddads tree which stands proudly upon a great hill behind our family home. Its the one time of the year when the men in our family do something together, and standing atop the highest point in our village, overlooking the land stretching into Roscommon and yawning into South Mayo is a great feeling. The hill is special (!), Granddads tree is there and you can see it for miles; we also put our own 'standing stone' there at the turn of the millenium and only a few yards away there is a real standing stone that has stood there for centuries. Its at that moment, standing breathless and in silence, marvelling at the view and reflecting on the year just past, that i really appreciate that it is Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Turkey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 5dollakarl

Making german Christmas cookies with my girlfriend and decorating them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

The warm smell of mine pies by the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 timetrax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Competition's now closed folks - will report back with the winner very shortly!...

And thanks to all for making this thread such a pleasure to read - a wonderful collection of memories and sentiments. Go raibh míle maith agaibh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

The winner of the €250 voucher for Cardphone Warehouse is Miami Snow with post #341:
    Miami Snow wrote:
    Food + Wine = Happy Miami Snow biggrin.gif

Congratulations to the winner, and thanks again to everyone else who contributed to this warm and fuzzy trip down memory lane. The Christmas spirit is very much alive on boards! :)

Stay tuned for further competitions - we'll be running one again at the start of December.

All the best,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Miami Snow

Thanks again David! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Congrats Miami Snow! And I'd like to echo David - some lovely reading here. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement