Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭IrishMumOf1

I always got that special Christmas feeling when I was a Child when we would make homemade mince pies and go Christmas Caroling around all the retirement homes giving them mince pies and singing for them, even now as an Adult, I love to sing Christmas carols and you might even spot me in Ennis this Christmas singing Christmas carols on the street with my church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

It seems like only yesterday we put the Xmas decorations back in the attic. There used to be 12 months between one Xmas and the next - now it feels like there's only about 12 WEEKS in between! That's age for you ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's my little sister's birthday on Christmas Day. Every year I'm reminded of my granny giving me new pyjamas for Christmas (I was 4) and waiting for the new baby, because I couldn't wear the new pyjamas until she came home. 23 years on I can still remember my parents carrying her into the house a few days after Christmas. My mother still calls her her Christmas Dinner. :D

That, and the smell of the ham cooking in cider, cloves, honey and mustard. Mmhm, Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RayMers

Home Alone comes on tv, you know it's nearly Christmas! ....'merry Christmas you filthy animal!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

An ESB ecar, a DeLorean and a New York yellow taxi-cab in a race from Dublin to Galway and back again. My money is on the Delorean.......

......Dear Santa, I want a DeLorean for Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 teamrocket

Christmas parties comin soon!! Light, camera and action!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

When you were younger and the parents came home from shopping but wouldn't let you help them in with the shopping, you knew there were plenty of presents coming your way

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

cant wait for willy wonka

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells, jingle all the waaaaaaay...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bowsie

Roaring drunk at midnight mass, hungover on Christmas Day, broke by New Year's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

The one time of the year everyone really takes a break from their rushed lives and live :)

Love Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

HO HO HO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

home alone on the tv means it's christmas...fact

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I love helping the family in the taking down of the Christmas decorations from the attic....and then informing the same family members of my intention to skip off down to the pub for the night and let them sort out the decorating between them...
    Gots to love little family traditions!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭megaten

Roast Potatoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Seeing family and friends. The foods alright too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

I love the atmosphere in the sitting room when the only lights in the room are those on the Christmas tree. Its magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BMG83

Family together. And remembering those who have recently passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The first Christmas ad of the year is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Still waiting for the Guinness ad. Then it's Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Nights getting darker, fog getting heavier, weather getting colder. People getting merrier, the lights making the city come alive, the hustle and bustle of everyone shopping. Putting extra thought into getting presents for loved ones to anticipate their happiness on Christmas morning.

Christmas crackers, great nights out with friends. Warm and snugly clothing. Even being over the age of Santa and still being somewhat excited going to sleep Christmas Eve. Putting up the tree/decorations all around, the Christmas RTE guide coming out and analysing the movie listings like a mad man. Candlelit dinners with the family, having great food, drinking too much and having even more fun.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Christmas eve being turfed out of the pub at 12. Heading homeward and Having my once a year Irish coffee with my parents. Happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

watching all the familys waiting at arrivals in the airport for their loved ones.Always brings a tear to my eye,so lucky to have all my family here with me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Turkey with it's family famous stuffing, and having my dad finish all of the wine before telling us how much he loves us. Love Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Watching my son Matt be completely mesmerised by every aspect of Christmas, from putting up the tree to watching Home Alone on tv (it seems to be a Christmas classic at this stage), he makes Christmas something special in out house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My birthday is on the 27th. That's more important than Christmas. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Folks, these are lovely - feeling very sentimental and nostalgic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

:)Ho ho ho

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Birthing pool in the middle of the sitting room three years ago on the 25th. Got Santa dealt with and granny and 2 young one went to wonderful neighbours by 8.30am. Tea and toast by 3 pm. And full christmas dinner next day! Thanks babycatcher Sally. :). Have to stop now or I'll get all mushy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

copious quantities of mulled wine on Christmas morning followed by dinner and a nap on the couch :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement