Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Once you catch the sound of Julie Andrews singing, you know its Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

After doing the traditional last minute shopping in Jervis, sitting in traffic on the Drumcondra road with all the red break lights in front.. bit of Chris Rea on the radio.. Class.

Drinking sherry with my mam at 10 in the morning, wouldn't be Christmas without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 work solutions

new sweater, a bottle of beer at 12pm, Christmas mass on the telly, kids playing with the packaging and thanking god for a wonderful family

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

It's the only time of year I can get away with eating biscuits and chocolate for breakfast :D !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

When I was younger we used to do present opening at midnight on Christmas eve - all the family would be there in my grandparents it was a really nice way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

When I was younger in the mid 90's , my dad trying to fix up the mini becks keg on christmas morning after a nice hearty fry for breakfast.

We always had neighbours/friends from 11am. Straight after breakfast my dad would start trying to put the mini keg together and he would force me to try it out until it was right. I would have to drink half a keg of suds before it was just right. You would get 2 or 3 decent pints afterwhich it would be flat beer!

Didnt particularly like the beer or the frothy pints, but the memories are priceless ! !

Also, miss going to mass on christmas eve and having a good laugh with my sister at the local priest who didnt have a note in his head but always wanted to give it his all and sing his heart out for our lords birthday! Think the dogs in the street used to howl when he tried to hit those high notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Walking into any shopping centre and seeing christmas decorations/lights everywhere aswell as christmas songs playing in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the smell coming from my mother's kitchen. unmistakable one on Xmas eve

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Smell of real christmas tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

The Late Late Toy and the Christmas RTE guide

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

Walking down Grafton Street to see the lights/shop windows on Christmas Eve with my family as a kid always sticks out in my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

We didn't have a car at home when I was younger so we used to carry the Christmas tree home on our shoulders. We felt like little lumberjacks, ha! Once that tree was up and the smell of pine was all the way through the house I felt very 'Christmassy' indeed ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭stonybroke

'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' on christmas day when l was a kid, loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Angel01 stole mine!

'Driving Home for Christmas' by Chris Rea puts me completely over the edge into festive craziness!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Donning ridiculous christmas jumpers to attempt 12 pubs of christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭paultheviking

GothPunk wrote: »
    We didn't have a car at home when I was younger so we used to carry the Christmas tree home on our shoulders. We felt like little lumberjacks, ha! Once that tree was up and the smell of pine was all the way through the house I felt very 'Christmassy' indeed ^^.

Fancy feckers, we didn't have a house when i was younger, so we used to cut a branch off the tree outside our box and carry it on our shoulders. We felt like little thieving lumberjacks, ha! Once that branch was up and the smell of pine was all the way through the box I felt very 'Christmassy' indeed ^^.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ciaglen

A glass of baileys xmas day :) oh oh also turkey sandwiches that evening and for the rest of the week to use up the leftover turkey haha

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Murdering a selection box for breakfast yum yum.

Apart from the crunchie. :P Never liked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I can't wait for Christmas FM to be back next Tuesday! Christmas will really begin then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭N1one

Visiting people on Xmas eve, minced pies and mulled wine.
    ...oh, and the presents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Damn! Pics didn't load.

Christmas Vacation and Scrooged! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cathy48

the smell of christmas cake cooking and the pudding lets me know christmas is upon us , i lobe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie Dane

Fairytale of New York does it for me everytime !

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Nothing better than snow, for a true white Christmas. Of course, one has to be equipped, but snow is a blessing, not a curse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Tis the seaon to be jolly, fa la la la la...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭eildar

The smell of cinnamon................:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ballymundub

Sure doesnt Halloween get us into the christmas spirit nowadays :) just joking ...... the one thing that always gets me into the christmas spirit is the street lights in Dublin , always gets me smiling .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pheechad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmZg7tvGN9o For me, this brings back that feeling of a magical Christmas, love it. Chris de Burgh you are a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭moonsun12

Baileys Irish Coffee, Harveys Sherry, freezing and then warming up by the fire, brussels sprouts (yum)!!, 10 minutes of family bliss then war, Christmas day drive with my siblings and last but not least The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement