Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I love the way all the shops and TV begin to get festive around the middle of October, eventually consumerism will mean all year round Christmas!! Woo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

John McClane on the telly + The Barrys Tea Ad on the Radio = Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDoDUC9M0Sg

This, and putting the christmas decorations up on the 24th of December cause we're lazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Denis322 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDoDUC9M0Sg

This, and putting the christmas decorations up on the 24th of December cause we're lazy :D

I was just gonna post that.... Other than that, drinking far too much on Christmas eve a few years ago and spend the whole of Christmas day in bed.... Santa wasn't too happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eoin411

I love seeing the Christmas lights in Dublin all lit up on a chilly night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Having to wear the ould Timberland boots 24/7 out of sheer necessity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

RTE Guide Christmas issue does it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Fairy Tale of New York does it for me. Every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I miss the christmas' of when I was small. Roses always taste good, the excitement of waiting for santa, the innocence of of it all:) but they dont do christmas songs like they used, pipes of peace, wizard its christmas or the pogues :)

but now i just love spoiling my parents :)
    and i love the peace park, all litup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

turkey with cranberry sauce, ham with mustard. Yeah I can have it anytime of the year but its better at Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle bells rock

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

i like getting smashed on christmas day and fighting with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 missor

In a pub boping along to all I want for Christmass is you by Mariah Carey then I know Christmas is here

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

seeing my 2yr old's face on Christmas morning will be priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

The Coke ad is the most assured way of knowing it's christmas time!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

I really like seeing the Christmas lights up on every major street in town. It cheers the place up so much. Even if it rains or if it's a gloomy day, I just like the Christmassy feeling they bring. And if they are powered by Electric Ireland, better still :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ChimpyGamer

Feed the birds, do they know it's christmas time at all?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Drinking home for christmas with christmas songs being played on the radio .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cunny000

That feeling on christmas eve of excitement knowing that tomorrow is going to be an amazingly fun day and the look on both my little sisters faces when we walk down to the tree to see if santa has come:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

My father wearing a vest and chasing us around the house with the turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

snow and holidays!!!!!!! see all the family :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

It won't let me post the video, but anyway this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=decUIVkZ4GI

• Registered Users Posts: 4 theguinan

Putting up da tree with Merry Blissmas on the TV, and da coke ad, dats wen u know its really Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Christmas is a lot of things, but to me Christmas will always be about those butterflies in your stomach when you get out of bed and you walk up the hall and into the room where the presents were. Those moments before you opened your presents was a feeling that nothing I can think of can replicate in any other part of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Meeting up with old friends for a few pints the week before christmas always does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Santa leaving the north pole on the 6:01 news with Brian Dobson.

This is my first christmas as a mommy. I am beyond excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Christmas or Christmas Day is a holiday[5][6][7] generally observed on December 25 (with alternative days of January 6, 7 and 19[2]) to commemorate the birth of Jesus, the central figure of Christianity.[8][9] The exact birthday of Jesus is not known, and historians place his year of birth some time between 7 BC and 2 BC. Narratives of his birth are included in two of the Canonical gospels in the New Testament of the Bible.
    The date of Christmas, chosen by the Roman Catholic Church in the 4th century, may have initially been selected to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after Christians believe Jesus to have been conceived,[10] the date of the Roman winter solstice,[11] or one of various ancient winter festivals.[10][12] Christmas is central to the Christmas and holiday season, and in Christianity marks the beginning of the larger season of Christmastide, which lasts twelve days.[13]
    Although nominally a Christian holiday, Christmas is celebrated by an increasing number of non-Christians worldwide,[1][14][15] and many of its popular celebratory customs have pre-Christian or secular themes and origins. Popular modern customs of the holiday include gift-giving, music, an exchange of Christmas cards, church celebrations, a special meal, and the display of various decorations; including Christmas trees, lights, garlands, mistletoe, nativity scenes, and holly. In addition, several figures, known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, and Santa Claus, among other names, are associated with bringing gifts to children during the Christmas season.[16]

Can I haz the voucher please??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

My first Christmas as a Dad. Happy Chirstmas son, the best gift ever! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

Biting the tops off the raw carrots left out for Santa's reindeer...They can't eat carrots in every house can they?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement