Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 voucher for Carphone Warehouse to mark Tweet 'Em Home For Christmas!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 acerelic

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...12 Drummers Drumming, 11 Pipers Piping, 10 Lords-a-Leaping, 9 Ladies Dancing, 8 Maids-a-Milking, 7 Swans-a-Swimming, 6 Geese-a-Laying, 5 Gold Rings, 4 Colly Birds, 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The drive home on the 24th. It activates the Christmas portion of my brain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭jfk75

Has Clark W Griswald would say,"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ****ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse".:)

Enjoy the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0lQZ_7dgEa8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Seeing the coke and pennys ads on the tv. Years ago seeing todds (limerick)put up big moving displays in the windows. Now its staying up late making sure santa wrapped the presents for my own children right!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Frank Kelly, you wonderfully funny Christmassy person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Being stuffed after dinner like the turkey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Being stuffed after dinner like the turkey :p

And the snooze after!!! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭gussieg

yep , that Frank Kellys version of the 12 days of Christmas, my sisters kids fighting over the telly, and my kid just being great Hugs for all the family

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Bread Sauce and Turkey !!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Turkey sandwiches for about a week after xmas day - I cant wait. Through a few mince pies into the mixer and its heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Has to be the Coca Cola ad. Always feels like christmas when that arrives on the Telly. Worst thing about it this year, they started showing it in the middle of November. Talk about giving a fella a heart attack! I thought I'd only a week to get the presents in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The coca cola ad! The turning on of the town lights and putting up the tree.

Oh and snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Nothings more festive then a lovely cooked ham with honey mustard and cloves! Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Penneys got a whole lot of things for Christmas" always jingles my bell. And I love trying to hold off opening the mince pies until the week before christmas day then realising the best before date was in November. Stale pie FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Call me a grinch, but I can't stand the bloody Barry's Tea ad...

Although this was a goodie:

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Watching the latest Christmas blockbuster movie in the cinema when i'm meant to be doing my Christmas shopping ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

christmas tree

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

The Christmas lights around the cities. I use to live in Hong Kong and there were loads of really beautiful ones around. I'll say the Christmas lighting gives me a Christmasy Feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 any news

Cant wait to hear "The FairyTale Of NewYork" been played on the radio,a sure sign that christmas is coming.Happy Days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 trottel

To see the faces of my loved once, when arrive home just in time for xmas, as a surprise :rolleyes:

(to all who have spent xmas away from home)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Every time I smell cinnamon it reminds me of my grandmother and mother making Christmas cakes and the best part: licking the bowl and wooden spoon clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

HOLIDAYS ARE COMING :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Bringing my you lad to the postbox to send his letter to Santa and then watch it fly away [birds in the distance],just magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

No Turkey?? Its Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Bah humbug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Coca Cola Christmas ads......when they are on the tv, it really kicks in that Christmas feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Seeing the presents start to go under the tree:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Now that everyone in the house is more or less grown up Christmas ain't what it used to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I remember writing my letter to Santa years ago with my Mam letting me stay up until midnight that night.

I was convinced one Christmas eve that I could hear jingle bells coming down the chimney and went to bed straight away so that Santa wouldn't see that I was awake.

Ohh and I always enjoyed putting up the Christmas tree with my Mam when I was a kid, that was always fun.

Ahh... good times!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement