Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road works Stapleton Place

Options
  • 21-11-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Anyone know for sure what's going on? I've been told they're putting in a cycle path on one side and widening a footpath, and the street will now only be one lane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

If they do make it one lane, would think it fairly disastrous.

Lot of traffic on that road, needs the two lanes.

Have had a couple of close calls turning there since the roadworks started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

It looks like it will be one lane as the kerb is being brought out quite a distance nearly to the centre of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Can't see the thinking behind this at all. Going to be a disaster I'd reckon between 5pm and 6pm. You'll have traffic coming from town down Dublin Street and traffic exiting from Stapleton Drive wanting to go up Stapleton Place as well as traffic coming over Hill Street bridge and then wanting to turn left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They were laying cable down the middle of the left hand lane when I walked past it.

Advertisement