Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Swaps benefits?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

1) I have recieved a few offers of website link swaps recently and am wondering about the benefits of linking with e.g. an American based website (similar target market but we are hardly going to take each others business).

2) Is there anything to be gained by my website listing links of sites we like or do business with i.e will this lead to more people finding my site while searching for theirs? (assuming that they have not linked to us)?

Info appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

1. Benefits are seo, depending on the link quality it would increase your authority to the serps.. = Good link juice

2. Yes, increased serps and possible sales..
    For eg. If your general field is toasters, it doesnt really matter if its international i have seen people (depending on terms + variables ) purchase niche items from anywhere. If they have none in stock in usa, if the specific item is in demand, and it is safe site, professional i cant see why you wouldnt piggyback sales from them vice versa. Also you would benefit more from the eurozone than the usa website with sales etc.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

If you are swapping links, ideally you will swap links with similar but non competing websites.

There is a chance people will visit your site directly, but it will also affect your SERPs for different keywords and phrases.

Remember the link text itself is important for keywords.

Advertisement