Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market research for new product

Options
  • 21-11-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am currently working on developing a farmhouse product which we produce here on our family farm. Am currently in the process of getting together material to conduct Market research. Intend on conducting door to door research to gauge reaction and hopefully obtain orders.

Anyone done this type of research? Any tips on questions to ask, survey formats, etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Door-to-door is not really a great option anymore. It might just barely work for market research, but for sales, forget it. That day is over.

I would think of something else.

I presume you have next-to-no money and can't engage full-scale professional research. Would you take a stall at a market and see how it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MyAmber.net

Dublin City Enterprice Board (or wherever you live) has a special fund available for market research for startups. You can try there+ they may give you some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

If you can source funding then online survey via Empathy research (Pigsback) or similar might be an option to test the concept but also the packaging and design if you are that far along.

I suggest signing up to getting surveys from Pigsback to see what questions are being asked. Whoever you are hiring for the survey should be able to help somewhat, but aren't always brilliant.
    Perhaps a library book on the subject or a college student of food marketing?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

SurveyMonkey might be worth a look too. http://www.surveymonkey.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Surveymonkey is great if you have enough people to send out the survey too and aren't worried about the demographic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement