Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT question

• 21-11-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

hi lads
    i recently bought a new bike from the uk and i have to get it vrt'd
    my problem is that i was pulled over last week and given 2 weeks to present all my documents in my local station. the following day my chain snapped cracking the clutch slave cylinder and leaving the bike immobile for the next while. My query is basically i cant afford to vrt tax and fix the bike. Can i get some sort of dispensation to allow me to pay for the repairs and then vrt the bike after. At the moment i realise the bike should be present at thte centre but i cant get it there to be checked over. Whats the best thing to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Borrow a van and bring the bike to the test centre.
    Once you have saved enough to fix the bike then fix it.
    The PTB will come down hard on you if you don't vrt the bike and present the docs to the gardai.
    Legally speaking its illegal for an Irish citizen to drive/ride a foreign reg vehicle here.
    So if you just produce the docs you might escape further sanction...

Advertisement