Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ashbourne & Ratoath

• 21-11-2011 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can give me any info on what broadband and if possible what speeds are available in these area's, as we are planning on moving and these are the 2 area's we are looking at, the internet would mainly be used for online gaming, downloading movies (legally) stuff like that. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

UPC is available in parts of Ratoath so you could get 100Mb broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blade803

Ah right cool, don't think i'd need the 100mb but it's good to know ratoath has that sort of speed. cheers for letting me know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

blade803 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    downloading movies (legally)

Nice.

I have had both Eircom and Vodafone (same thing really though, seeing as they both run on Eircom lines) DSL broadband in Ratoath for the last 6 years without issue. I always get the speeds that I am supposed to get, day or night, peak or off peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Ronan H wrote: »
    blade803 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    downloading movies (legally)

Nice.

I have had both Eircom and Vodafone (same thing really though, seeing as they both run on Eircom lines) DSL broadband in Ratoath for the last 6 years without issue. I always get the speeds that I am supposed to get, day or night, peak or off peak.

I'm the same in Ashbourne. Bt, vidafone and eircom all good unlimited pAckages and I'm on up to 24mb now and getting 13.

UPC apparently about to launch in Ashbourne too apparently.

But seeing as this thread was started 2 months ago the op could have moved twice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

On an 8Mb package with Vodafone, getting about 7Mb which is pretty good :)

Ratoath area

• Advertisement
Advertisement