Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old game not letting me use Windows while it's open.

Options
  • 21-11-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Long story short; I want to minimize Morrowind, but I can't. I have to close it if I want to see my laptop in any other way. Can anyone solve this issue?

Long story long; I've never played any Elder Scrolls games, so before looking at Skyrim I decided to get Morrowind and Oblivion.

Morrowind installed to my laptop fine, but it's not letting me use my laptop when it's open. By that, I mean can't move away from the game without closing it.

I'm a dual monitor user, so like to have a game in one monitor while the internet is open on another. But when Morrowind is open, I can't do anything but play it. The "Windows" key (which is what I press with every other game I want to minimize; Football Manager, Civilisation, etc) does nothing at all.

I've tried playing it in windowed mode, and even though the minimize/maximize/close buttons are in the top right corner, the cursor won't leave the game screen to let me click them.

Is there anything I can do to solve this, other than saving and closing the game every time I need to check something else on my laptop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you used the shortcut Windows Key + D (together)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Or Alt + Tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Check if there's a mod that lets you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Harps wrote: »
    Or Alt + Tab?

Thank you very much. Job done.

And thanks to others who offered help too!

Advertisement