Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone insurance

Options
  • 21-11-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Hey
    My phone just fell in the sink (It wont Turning on), i have Mobile phone insurance, Tried calling but there closed for the evening, just wondering what the procedure is for this sort of thing?

Do I post the phone to a separate company or drop it back into Meteor? if it cant be fixed do they replace it with a new or secondhand phone? My phone is fairly old now (Samsung Wave S8500) if they cant get one of these what do they replace it with?, How long are you typically without a phone?

I think CPP is the crowed im insured with.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

And after you make your claim the insurance company asks you to send them 60 euro for the first phone 90 for the second, and 120 for the third.. Was like that when I had phone insurance anyways, dropped it down the toilet, and it broke, brought it to the shop, sent off the reports to the insurance, they sent me back a letter saying I had to send them a postal order, credit card number, or cheque before they would send me a new phone, even though I had been paying insurance for the phone every month.

Biggest waste of time and money in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Balfie wrote: »
    And after you make your claim the insurance company asks you to send them 60 euro for the first phone 90 for the second, and 120 for the third.. Was like that when I had phone insurance anyways, dropped it down the toilet, and it broke, brought it to the shop, sent off the reports to the insurance, they sent me back a letter saying I had to send them a postal order, credit card number, or cheque before they would send me a new phone, even though I had been paying insurance for the phone every month.

Biggest waste of time and money in the world.

Thats very interesting... And good to know for the future... How long before you had a new phone? was it a direct replacement for your old one? or different (lesser) model?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

jessy wrote: »
    Thats very interesting... And good to know for the future... How long before you had a new phone? was it a direct replacement for your old one? or different (lesser) model?

I didnt get a new phone, I wasnt working at the time, so I was struggling to pay the bill, got into the bill while I had a job, and then when I lost the job, I still had the contract, so paying extra for a phone which I had paid insurance for every week didnt make too much sense to me, 3euro a week is it? something like that, and then have to pay extra cause the phone is broke, even tho it should be insured, I wasnt happy or impressed. Left my contract as soon as I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

I just claimed in the last two weeks and it was fairly straightforward. You ring them. They'll email out a form. Just fill out claim form and fax back. They'll contact you then. You need to post in damaged phone and they'll send out a new one. My new phone arrived yesterday. Had to pay 35 euro excess. I'm happy anyway, although I havent opened package yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

Balfie wrote: »
    I didnt get a new phone, I wasnt working at the time, so I was struggling to pay the bill, got into the bill while I had a job, and then when I lost the job, I still had the contract, so paying extra for a phone which I had paid insurance for every week didnt make too much sense to me, 3euro a week is it? something like that, and then have to pay extra cause the phone is broke, even tho it should be insured, I wasnt happy or impressed. Left my contract as soon as I could!

Its called an excess, and most insurance policies have one.

Advertisement