Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get goat butter in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-11-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello!

I used to get St Helen's farm goats' butter in Scotland but so far over here, I've not seen goat butter in any shops/supermarkets. I'm allergic to cow's milk and I love my butter! Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭oghran

I have no idea, but I'd love to find it somewhere myself..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

sometimes the health food stores would carry something like that, ask them if they have a supplier that they use, often they would be happy to order in special items if they can. Usually works better asking the independent health food stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elainsor

Did anyone have any luck finding Goats butter? I have tried many places but no luck. My local health food shop have tried to source it but could not find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

They sell it in Sainsburys if that's any use to you. I picked some up when stopping off to buy Fage Total Greek Yogurt.

It is St Helen's Farm Goats Butter and has a Great Taste Gold 2011 *** on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

M&S had it a few months. Haven't looked for it since so don't know if they still do though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the responses, I will have a look in M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Briege

Have been looking for goat butter recently and discovered yesterday that (if you are in Dublin) it is available at two Health Food Stores, Down To Earth 73 South Great Georges St, and Nourish, GPO Arcade, Henery Street. I tried my local M&S but it wasn't available and staff were unaware of M&S stocking it!

Thankyou, I also checked M&S, but could not find. We live in Co Kildare, cannot find anywhere here. But my Mother has found it in a health food shop in Galway & also in Ennis for anyone living in that part of the world. She posted some to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Briege

Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

elainsor wrote: »
    Thankyou, I also checked M&S, but could not find. We live in Co Kildare, cannot find anywhere here. But my Mother has found it in a health food shop in Galway & also in Ennis for anyone living in that part of the world. She posted some to me.
    Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or distributor to ask if they have the product in your area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

There's a market in a place off Cork St (Newmarket) that sells alot of organic type produce, and they have goats milk butter there. Open Saturdays and Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

They sell goats butter in the health shop in mill shopping centre in clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Have anyone seen goat milk butter in Dublin recently?

We got some last week in M&S Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Spotted two different brands in the health foodstore (Nature's Hand) in The Crescent, Dooradoyle, today. Interesting alternative for allergy sufferers.

Advertisement