Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode Fans - Martin and Vince together again!!

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Surprised, excited and extremely looking forward to this....

Vince Clarke And Martin L. Gore Announce Details Of Brand New Collaboration - VCMG

After 30 years working on their respective ongoing music projects, Vince Clarke (Erasure / Yazoo / Depeche Mode) and Martin L. Gore (Depeche Mode) come together for the first time since 1981 as VCMG to release a brand new album preceded by a series of EPs.

VCMG is the fruit of initially tentative discussion and subsequent enthused collaboration where Vince and Martin, both influential as pioneers in electronic music, get to exercise their lifelong love of the genre as the techno inspired VCMG.

As Vince explains: "I've been getting into and listening to a lot of minimal dance music and I got really intrigued by all the sounds… I realised I needed a collaborator… so it occurred to me to talk to Martin."

Says Gore: "Out of the blue I got an e-mail from Vince just saying, 'I'm interested in making a techno album. Are you interested in collaborating?' This was maybe a year ago. He said, 'No pressure, no deadlines,' so I said, 'OK'."

The writing and recording of the album was done in a typically unique way with the pair working alone in their respective studios, communicating only via email, exchanging files until the album was ready. It was in May 2011 that the pair met for the first time to discuss the project when they both performed at Short Circuit presents Mute festival in London.

The album (title to be announced soon) was produced by Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore and mixed by the influential Californian electronic artist Überzone / Q and will be released in the spring of 2012.

The first release is an EP entitled Spock. EP1 / SPOCK will feature remixes from Edit-Select, aka Tony Scott, the UK DJ / producer and founder of EditSelect Records whose previous remix credits include Speedy J, Death In Vegas and Gary Beck; Regis, British techno musician Karl O'Connor, member of the Sandwell District collective and co-founder of Downwards Records); Zak aka DVS1, founder of Hush Records and one of the most prominent figures in US dance music counts techno innovator Derrick May amongst his biggest fans, with his second ever release on May's own Transmat plus XOQ, the alter ego of Überzone / Q, who mixed the VCMG album.

EP1 / SPOCK will be available initially as a global exclusive on Beatport on 30 November, and then on all DSPs from 12 December with the 12" release following on 19 December 2011.

EP1 / SPOCK TRACKLIST
    Spock - Album Version
    Spock - Edit Select Remix
    Spock - Regis Remix
    Spock - DVS1 Voyage Home Remix
    Spock - XOQ Remix

Source

20111121_vcmg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Count is lost of the truly great songs both these men have written. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thread title edited for clarity.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Samples of Spock and some mixes available available from today here, very techno indeed!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

O, it must be just me waiting for this....

VCMG_Ssss_albumartwork-560x560.jpg

VCMG release one of 2012’s most anticipated musical collaborations with the album ‘Ssss’, out on Mute on 12 March 2012.

It marks the long awaited reunion of electronic pioneers Vince Clarke (Erasure/ Yazoo/ Depeche Mode) and Martin L. Gore (Depeche Mode), who have joined forces for the first time in over thirty years to craft a 10-track album which demonstrates their mutual love of electronic music.

After initial tentative discussions, and a meeting at Short Circuit presents Mute festival in London, where they both performed, these two influential musicians and songwriters worked in a typically unique way. Clarke and Gore worked alone in their respective studios, communicating only via email and exchanging files until the album was ready. The album includes the recent 12” EP1 / Spock, described by The Quietus as “one of the best tracks of 2011”, plus the forthcoming EP 2 / Single Blip.

‘Ssss’, written and produced by Vince Clarke and Martin L. Gore, was mixed by Timothy “Q” Wiles, recorded and engineered by Sie Medway Smith and Vince Clarke and mastered by Stefan Betke (aka Pole).

Full remix details for EP2 / Single Blip, the follow up to EP1 / Spock – out now on 12” / download and featuring remixes by Edit-Select, Regis, DVS1 and XOQ – will follow.

Ssss Tracklisting: STUMM441

Lowly
    Zaat
    Spock
    Windup Robot
    Bendy Bass
    Single Blip
    Skip This Track
    Aftermaths
    Recycle
    Flux

“Fusing stripped down percussion, Teutonic precision and dank, brutal walls of rhythmic noise, “highly anticipated” is not even close.” – Electronic Beats

“aimed squarely at the wee small hours of the club” – Fact

Advertisement