Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom 10/22

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

just got my custom 10/22 finally finished taught id share some pics with ye. it has a volquartsen 16.5" carbon fibre barrel with muzzle break, volquartsen TG200 trigger, kidd scaloped bolt & charging handle, tactical innovations receiver, boyd evo stock.
    didnt get to the shoot it yet hopefully this sunday at the range all going well :D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Very nice. Well wear.

Love the break, and the coating (i think) on the barrel.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Great looking rifle:D
    Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Lovely looking rifle.
    Hope it shoots as good as it looks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well wear mate. Looking good, bet you can't wait to get out with it. That Volquartsen barrel is the business and light weigth as well.

What scope are you fitting the new build out with????

See ya soon on the comp. line.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

thanks for ur comments guy the coating on the barrel is carbon fibre its extremely light for a bull barrel.
    dev i hope it does shoot as good as it looks as i wont win any comps on the look of it :D
    cheers clive im looking at changeing clubs so i mite go take a look at ur club and see what its all about up their. theirs a burris 6-24x44 on it at the moment that should do the job. or i mite put a burris 4-14x32 unto it to make it lighter again. as i got the stock laqured and it made it a little heavier. but looks better than the factory finish i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Scalachi

hi Dax,

Just be a bit careful of the Burris, I had the Fulfield II 5.5-20 as did another guy I know with a very similar stock to yours, and we found them too powerful at 10 or 15 metres, great scope, and while it would focus down, it was just never as clear as a cheaper scope like the Bushnell Banner for example. so maybe go with the 4-14 ?

Just my tupence.

Must stick up some pics myself :)

DB

i have a burris 4-14 on my marlin and find it great i also have one for the 10/22. but taught it give this one a go and if it dont work out ill put on the 4-14.
    ye stick up a few pics of ur new kit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dax121 wrote: »
    thanks for ur comments guy the coating on the barrel is carbon fibre its extremely light for a bull barrel.
    dev i hope it does shoot as good as it looks as i wont win any comps on the look of it :D
    cheers clive im looking at changeing clubs so i mite go take a look at ur club and see what its all about up their. theirs a burris 6-24x44 on it at the moment that should do the job. or i mite put a burris 4-14x32 unto it to make it lighter again. as i got the stock laqured and it made it a little heavier. but looks better than the factory finish i think

I'm at HH nearly every Saturday so give me a call and we can head up from my home or I'll meet you there. Nice and relaxed club to be at.

I have 2 Bushnell Banner scopes, 4-12x40 & 6-18x50, both I find very good for gallery comp. shooting and they both focus down to 10y easy.

clivej wrote: »
    Nice and relaxed club to be at.
    sure what more could you ask for. ill go for a look some sat soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

the sambos at the comps are really nice aswell,its worth joining just for them!

• Advertisement

bazza888 wrote: »
    the sambos at the comps are really nice aswell,its worth joining just for them!
    as long as they do ham salad im sold ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

they all types for all tastes!we cater for everyone at hh

Advertisement