If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung UE40....... recommendation please

Options
  • 21-11-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi folks

I'm in the market for a 40 inch LED and based on several review sites have pretty much settled on Samsung - tho am open to alternatives.

My issue is that I am looking for best possible 2D HD picture quality without bells and whistles. I am happy to pay for that picture quality but I connect the TV to a livingroom media PC, a couple of biggish hard drives and a goodish sound system. I'm also not gone on 3D,. Ease of connectivity is also an issue as a standing TV (rather than wall mounted).

Suggestions and your quotes in euro - inclusive of vat and delivery very welcome!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Beneton,

If its a great 2D HD screen from Samsung you are after, the UE40D5520 is the one for you. Although it is by no means basic as it does include Samsungs Smart features. It is a great looking TV when running a good source such as blu-ray but can be a bit soft on SD picture and the Clear Rate Motion 100 does a very good job for what is infact a 50Hz screen. Including delivery this screen would be 656 euro.

If you don't mind a slightly bigger screen, I would recommend having a look at the LG 42LV550T. Slightly more expensive than the Samsung at 689euro delivered but for your extra cash you will get a proper 100Hz screen(as well as an extra 2"). Comparing both side by side as I have today in store for a customer, the motion handling of the LG is far superior to the Samsung. You have mentioned that you are going to be using a good sound system with your chosen screen but it is worth noting that the 42LV550T has far superior sound quality over the UE40D5520.

ATB

James

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beneton

James

Thanks so much for the quick reply... and helpful comparison.

I think I'd go for the samsung that you mention - and your price is exceptionally competitive. What's your stock situation and delivery time? Many thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

beneton wrote: »
    James

Thanks so much for the quick reply... and helpful comparison.

I think I'd go for the samsung that you mention - and your price is exceptionally competitive. What's your stock situation and delivery time? Many thanks.

Beneton,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - and I agree with James, especially on the audio front - the 550T sounds so much better than the Sammy.

It's available from stock at the moment and delivery pretty much all over Ireland is next day.

Apologies again for keeping you waiting and give us a shout or drop us a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beneton

I've ordered that Samsung with your colleagues.... looking forward to hearing when it's back in stock. Thanks for all your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.