Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice - Episode 8

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Brian came accoss lovely this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

clickhere wrote: »
    Did your man just call Sandra a ###bag,on your fired?
    He did surely.
    And I don't like his haircut either.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Birdsong wrote: »
    Brian came accoss lovely this evening

Anton comes across lovely every evening! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Jess16 wrote: »
    I work in a leadership role and I am very aware that you get further with honey than vinegar -that and the fact that I would never wear stilettos to work !

A female boss who doesnt at least dress to fit the fantasy. Double disappointment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I can't believe that Brian was fired! He was the most genuine person in there. He was himself. Enjoyed watching him and he did very well. Hope he be successful in the future.

Honestly Chris, God get him out. He does my head in. Chris, Conor, Eugene or Joanne are at the end of the road! One of them be out next week for sure!

Go Sandra, Maurice and Noel I am backing them to win maybe conor if he stays on till the end. Noel or Sandra be the most deserving to win they have done so well and worked very hard and they are themselves. Maurice or Conor after that.

It was hard to know which team would loose they seemed to have done well though one more than the other perhaps. I liked what each team did any ways.

Looks like a few belly ups in next weeks show...anyone could go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

crisco10 wrote: »
    Chris is a plonker. But I think he is genuine. Like the way he said he disagreed with Bill's assessment of Brian as coaster was decent of him.

Lol at Conor next week. messes up then utters "Jesus Christ" in the presentation.

Chris is one. Don't think he is genuine though. He fibs a bit.

Oh no poor conor...
    missbelle wrote: »
    Brian scrubs up well :D
    Yep, he does indeed scrub up well. Good on him and like his look! Very nice.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Unfair on Brian.

Clearly booted out to allow the spat between Chris and Sandra to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

irishh_bob wrote: »
    thats female bosses for you , they think they need to have you on the floor with a stilletto dug into your balls in order to garner respect
    yeahimhere wrote: »
    Eh that's a sweeping stereotype there :rolleyes:
    its a widely held view
    Wish I had a female boss.. really do.
    no you dont
    Jess16 wrote: »
    I work in a leadership role and I am very aware that you get further with honey than vinegar -that and the fact that I would never wear stilettos to work !
    i wish you would inform the sisterhood , most of them are a cross between ally mc beal and hitlers mom , neurotic nazis

irishh_bob, You are trolling,if you post in this thread again you will be banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

comedy gold tonight again , each week is better than the last. i nearly piss myself at how seriously they take the process :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DeftestFianna

Hot Lips I honestly dont think Irishbob is trolling. Just my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hot Lips I honestly dont think Irishbob is trolling. Just my opinion

DeftestFianna

If you have a problem with a mod post, then by all means Pm the mod in question, instead of posting off topic.

Just so everyone is clear,the charter has been amended to clarify this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Read about this on fb. I know Brian and was only tuning in to watch him. He would have been a credit to Bill Cullen! His loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

calex71 wrote: »
    comedy gold tonight again , each week is better than the last. i nearly piss myself at how seriously they take the process :D

I nearly creased myself at Chris saying so seriously 'It's not personal. *pause* It's business.'

How that cretin is still there is beyond me. He must have a business that aul Bill is interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I nearly creased myself at Chris saying so seriously 'It's not personal. *pause* It's business.'

How that cretin is still there is beyond me. He must have a business that aul Bill is interested in.

His idea is a "social network initiative". Hope the initiative is a bit better than peeling spuds in a boozer!

Eugene's idea: auction centre
    Joanne: expand her media company
    Maurice: open a restaurant
    Noel: insulation company that can avail of government grants for a few years until they're phased out
    Conor: Christmas stuff and wreaths
    Sandra: outdoor catering company

If there were three people to pick out of that lot, it would be Conor, Noel and maybe Sandra.
    Mark my words, once it comes down to the interview/business plan stage, Sandra and Noel should be streets ahead.
    The final will be between those two and Noel will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

crisco10 wrote: »
    My (main) objection to the Apprentice in Ireland is all tasks are "creative" or event managementy. I would love to see them have to do the "shopping" tasks they do in the English one.

There are many problems but this is the main one. There've been, what, 20% selling tasks on the TV3 version this year? As well as being more entertaining, the selling tasks are much fairer, the team that sells the most wins. On the losing team, you can usually point to someone who didn't sell, or messed up going to some far-flung location.

On the TV3 style, advertising (product placement) tasks, it's someone's opinion who wins the task, and it's someone's opinion who gets fired from the losing team.

So last night, Eugene, who came up with the appalling 'potato peeling contest' idea that doomed the team to failure from the start (no way in hell Guinness would've gone for that), gets off because of his MC'ing ability (is this X-Factor or the Apprentice?).

Chris and Sandra spend most of the time bickering, and when Chris isn't arguing, he's standing like a gombeen at the door of the pub, wearing a t-shirt that says 'Potato Peeling Contest'.

And Brian, who seemed to try and make the best of a bad situation, is the one who gets fired, because Bill didn't like the cut of his jib or something. I think Brian is probably better off to be out of there so I don't feel too sorry for him, but from a TV point of view, where you're supposed to take an interest in who deserves to go through based on business skills, it's a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

clickhere wrote: »
    Did your man just call Sandra a ###bag,on your fired?

Eh...... 'he' did indeed. #notsuremeselfwhatthatwassittingontheleft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Heroditas wrote: »
    Noel: insulation company that can avail of government grants for a few years until they're phased out

Bill should certainly be able to help, given his track record at hoovering up scrappage grants and other Govt subsidies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Heroditas wrote: »

Noel will win.

Thats interesting

Surely the insulation company has to be the only real investable prospect on any sort of decent scale?

You might put 20 or 30 grand into Christmas wreaths, maybe, but not 200k.

Flogging Conor's wares would be like going back to the penny apples for Bill.

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Thats interesting

Surely the insulation company has to be the only real investable prospect on any sort of decent scale?

You might put 20 or 30 grand into Christmas wreaths, maybe, but not 200k.

Flogging Conor's wares would be like going back to the penny apples for Bill.

Even better, he doesn't even need to stick much money into the company!
    I have a feeling that he might inject some cash into the company and there is a very good reason why the company might need a cash injection, even if it's doing well:

Currently, if you get any work done on your home, you have to apply for the grant yourself. SEAI like the thought of the companies applying on behalf of the customer. It's a good idea because it takes a lot of the hassle away from the homeowner.
    Now, imagine you are a company that does roof and cavity wall insulation. The grant for that is about €600. Say you do 10 homes a week ... that's 40 homes a month.
    SEAI don't pay out every day. They do cheque runs about once a month or sometimes a bit longer than that.
    Imagine you're a relatively successful home insulation company doing 60 homes a month and you don't get paid by SEAI for 6 weeks - that's 90 homes with grants worth €54,000
    That's €54,000 your company is waiting for - quite a serious cashflow issue.
    Maybe Noel wants his company to apply on behalf of the homeowner (this is called a "counterparty") but realises the financial implications of doing so.

By teaming up with Bill, he gets exposure for his company and also perhaps a cash injection to tide the company over while SEAI process payment to him.

EDIT: that just covers the basic work. Internal and external insulation are far more expensive and the grants are much larger. To apply on behalf of the customer would require the company to have serious cash in the bank to allow them to carry out the work while waiting for SEAI to process the grant payment, e.g. external insulation gets a grant of about €4000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think Bill is firing people on their business idea rather than who is the worse on the task and I think it is a flaw in the show.

• Advertisement

Trampas wrote: »
    I think Bill is firing people on their business idea rather than who is the worse on the task and I think it is a flaw in the show.

Yeah it was the problem with the UK version this year too.
    Tom Pellereau barely won a single task yet you could tell that Sugar liked him because he'd already invented something and had the potential to invent a couple of other things that could make Sugar a lot of money.
    The contest was over before it even started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mary Ryan 111

Im really enjoying it as well this year! I think Eugene and Jo-anne will be the last ones standing! It can be cringe-tastic at times, thats why I love it!:D Jo-anne asking a local man to rearrange his plans to go the local legends event, he replies, "I cant, shes dead". Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Very disappointed Brian went. Nice guy - and it looked to me that he was a hard worker.

Yes, the TV3 show is very 'product placement/sponsorship' driven, and I find it hard to watch thw show because of that - I record and fast-forward thru the lecture from Phelim Drew (the narrator with the voice that sounds lazy) about how such-and-such is the leading so-and-so and is about to launch a great such-and-such - particularly as we've just seen the Head of So-and-So say exactly the same thing to the candidates.

Advertisement