Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awkwardness at clubs?

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

amacachi wrote: »
    Hard to do in clubs when the most used word in conversations is "WHAT!?" :pac:

90% of how you communicate is body language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

To be honest I hate clubs but I still go, mostly to continue on drinking.

Talking to people is no problem I think. But I'm the type of person who would talk the legs off a donkey.

The only night I truly had a great night in a nightclub I went to see a dj I liked. I'm not into chart music so that's why I generally wouldn't rate them. I have had good nights though.

It definitely is something that gets easier as life goes on. Generally that's because as you get older your more comfortable in your own skin. Someone mentioned it above I think it's the not giving a **** what anyone thinks of ya. If you get that down then you'll find you'll like them more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

snafuk35 wrote: »
    90% of how you communicate is body language.

Yeah but I'm ugly so when I do it it's called "indecent exposure".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dancoxkilc

MGHOW wrote: »
    If you are unattractive, introverted and male you're doomed to a life of loneliness without exception in Ireland.

Clubs are awful places. The only reason people go is a. for Women to flaunt and show off and b. for men (If they're good-looking and extroverted) to shift/ride the women. If you're an unattractive male clubs are the equivalent to hell.

Thats a strange attitude some people just go to listen to music and have fun. Its not all about the opposite sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Can actually say I don't think I've been to a nightclub in about 3 years...late bars are the way to go! The likes of Whelan's are actually pretty cool for meeting the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Aussie201

The way I think of it, you only get one life, one chance and when your dead your dead..Live everyday as if it were your last!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

You either pull mingers after or are the smoothest man alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Hate nightclubs. but thats where all my friends always want to go. much rather go to a pub/late bar but I can hardly go there on my own :(

• Advertisement

Hahah what you scanning the club all night for these shy types? Not dissing you, if your pulling then keep it up ha

Pulling is such a weird thing tho, like I don't know what you consider a good night of pulling but I'D go out, meet about 5 girls, 3 of them (imo) would be fit then 2 just to get points on the board ha. But I'd go out another two nights and only thing I'd pull is my plumb when I get home. I think its all to do with how absolutely smashed you are, when your at that level where your hammered but not in a complete heap your in prime condition to pull. If you aren't drunk enough getting knocked back will put you off(well it does me) but when I'm locked I won't care, I'll just move on to another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Pulling is such a weird thing tho, like I don't know what you consider a good night of pulling but I'D go out, meet about 5 girls, 3 of them (imo) would be fit then 2 just to get points on the board ha. But I'd go out another two nights and only thing I'd pull is my plumb when I get home. I think its all to do with how absolutely smashed you are, when your at that level where your hammered but not in a complete heap your in prime condition to pull. If you aren't drunk enough getting knocked back will put you off(well it does me) but when I'm locked I won't care, I'll just move on to another.

This is a terrible opinion. Can't deny there's no truth there at all but do you think non-drinkers have never pulled in a club?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

awec wrote: »
    I agree with him tbh.

There is an optimum level of drunkness where you don't feel embarrassed etc but you still have your wits about you, you don't look half asleep and you aren't swaying about.

It's obviously easier when you fear nothing but at the same time aren't a total mess.

That optimum level can be very hard to maintain though.

Out a few weeks ago. Few pints, still too sober for the nightclub. Few spirits, gone!

But if you somehow manage to do it, that optimum level is a wonderful and magical place, where common sense and wits are perfectly balanced with fearlessness and confidence. I wish I was there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

I love nightclubs tbh.

Though you can't really have a conversation with a girl, if you are talking to one you just need to be short and sweet.

And as awful as it is, the best place to pull in a nightclub is outside after everyone has been chucked out.

totally agree with this... love nightclubs too but maybe its coz i have no problems pulling guys or approaching guys..
    get out to the smokers if ya want the banter and the craic! alternatively at the bar orderin drinks isnt a bad place to get chattin to someone.. theres been nights i ended up spendin the whole night in the smokers and I dont smoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

wivy wrote: »
    totally agree with this... love nightclubs too but maybe its coz i have no problems pulling guys or approaching guys..
    get out to the smokers if ya want the banter and the craic! alternatively at the bar orderin drinks isnt a bad place to get chattin to someone.. theres been nights i ended up spendin the whole night in the smokers and I dont smoke!

Yup...most of the talking in nightclubs are done in the smoking area!

Is it me or are there more students going to late bars instead of nightclubs now since the start of the recession?

• Advertisement

Well aren't you lucky! :pac:

Smoking area is a great place! Even better if the place has a heated area!

sure by the sounds of it you dont do so bad either! :p:pac:
    HAHA love heated smoking areas! :D

indeed potential is limited in such instances... haha less opportunities to make the 'eyes' with someone.. :p
    jes someone knows and has analysed their smokin areas haha! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Just walk over and talk. Anyone can do it. Like this ugly bearded man proves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8k430ufLA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

I met my boyfriend in a smoking area. No way would we have got chatting in the same way indoors. I don't smoke but still love smoking areas, they're so relaxed. :)

PUA-istry alert!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

OP I agree with everything you said, although on the rare occurence it's nice when you meet random people in nightclubs (usually in the smoking area and become best friends :)) Last time I was in a nightclub a girl I worked with came over talking too me, definitely too good looking by my standards for me, ended up having to just say yes to everything she said as I couldn't hear a word, dam nightclubs :D she walked off smiling and I never know why :rolleyes:

I met my boyfriend in a smoking area. No way would we have got chatting in the same way indoors. I don't smoke but still love smoking areas, they're so relaxed. :)

PUA-istry alert!

Any man who has enough discipline can be successful with women alert! Just walk and talk.

Red Hand wrote: »
    snafuk35 wrote: »
    I only drink a pint or two in the pub before I go to the club. I then get a pint of water with a straw and an umbrella in it and I got around to every group in the place and clink glasses, smile and shake hands and then move on. I like to work the room and if a girl is interested in you you will see her again garanteed.

You have to have a certain type of personality to do that, though. Extroverted and happy-not everyone is like that.

Not everyone is like that but anyone can be, remember when you were a kid and how much fun you had with a card board box.

You, perhaps? :pac:

haha maybe I have anlaysed them too much.. but sure the posts above would show my observations match the outcomes.. :P :pac: smokers all the way! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Teens/Twenties I used to get blasted in the pub beforehand with the lads, march down to the nightclub, fall around for a few hours and awkwardly dance. Silly boy. I never understood why I couldnt pull.
    I know realise:
    1. I looked like a dick
    2. I was half blind so couldnt tell whether girls were looking at me anyways...
    3. Its not the best way to pull at all and I just donated thousands to the brewery.

Time has taught me meeting people (hopefully girls) in a bar/pub with a good band is way easier rather then a banging nightclub and as its been said before, smoking areas are class for it. Explains why I can never really give up fags, i love the craic so much in the smoking areas. Never had the balls to just go up and chat to ladies but if you don't think about it, it usually just happens.

Great thread :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement