Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live ID issue:Serious help needed :(

Options
  • 21-11-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im having a bit of a serious issue with my windows live id :mad:

The long and the short of it my gamertag is linked to "x"@gmail.com but when i log into xbox.com it says the windows live id does not exist, i gor on to xbox.com support and the best they said was get a new gamertag and live id :eek: my gamertag is fine i can use it with no issues. they said i can contact Microsoft but every support page for Windows live needs me to be logged in to use it :mad: , im not giving up my gamertag just becuase their system is messed up, any ideas guys??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are you sure you used that email address?

Sometimes people think they've used 1 email when they've used another. If you call Xbox support they can verify the login email address with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are you sure you used that email address?

Sometimes people think they've used 1 email when they've used another. If you call Xbox support they can verify the login email address with you.

im 100% it even says it on my xbox thats the problem, i was told that xbox support can not deal with the issue ive to get in touch with Microsoft direct in the US by phone :eek: im not sure if that was just to get rid of me though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

projectgtr wrote: »
    im 100% it even says it on my xbox thats the problem, i was told that xbox support can not deal with the issue ive to get in touch with Microsoft direct in the US by phone :eek: im not sure if that was just to get rid of me though

Really!? Were you in contact with the irish support guys?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Really!? Were you in contact with the irish support guys?

i didnt even know we had support guys, have you a link,email, or number for them thanks in advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

projectgtr wrote: »
    i didnt even know we had support guys, have you a link,email, or number for them thanks in advanced

Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00
    Saturday: 08:00-19:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

Please note that if you call us using a mobile phone, there may be additional charges from your service provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

are u using the right password?as in the password associated with your gamertag not the password associated with your gmail account.I have my gamertag linked to my gmail account and can sign into xbox.com with no problems.

paddyk wrote: »
    Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00
    Saturday: 08:00-19:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

Please note that if you call us using a mobile phone, there may be additional charges from your service provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.

Much appreciated bro :D, must ring them as they are avoiding my emails :mad:
    Squaredude wrote: »
    are u using the right password?as in the password associated with your gamertag not the password associated with your gmail account.I have my gamertag linked to my gmail account and can sign into xbox.com with no problems.

IM 99.99% im using the right password, but even if im not its not the issue as windows live says my windows live id does not exist :eek: , i cant even do a password reset, xbox have also confirmed that im putting in the right email/ live id thats associated with my xbox, which doesnt make sense as its saying it doesnt exist :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

yeah that's a strange one.might try and set-up another gamertag with a gmail address tomorrow and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

www.windowslivehelp.com

Talk to Windows Live staff there, they can reset passwords, re-activate accounts and so on.

www.windowslivehelp.com

Talk to Windows Live staff there, they can reset passwords, re-activate accounts and so on.

thanks for that but unfortunately to ask a question you need to be logged in :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

I feel your pain mate, I updated my windows phone to mango last month and I had an old GT from years ago I never used but had my current maiul address linked to it, my current GT had a dummy mail account linked to that. I needed to swap them over through the live ID system but it doesnt provide any such feature. After being told by the support that they cant delete a GT (in order to free up the linked mail address) I had to figure it out with some brain power.... damn.

In the end I had to create a donor mail address, link one GT to that, link me current GT to the correct mail address and I still have the old GT floating about out there linked to the donor mail address. Phew.

I was like that futurama episode of body swapping in order to set things right. A bit weird that the support level dont have access to edit or delete all aspects of a live ID or GT.

Advertisement