Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust coloured stains on wall

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

I moved into a new house about 2months ago. My bedroom is right next to the bathroom. The bath sits in the corner closest to the bedroom. I have started to notice small rust coloured stains appearing on the corner of the wall through the paper and paint. Could it be a leak from the bath? The stain doesnt wash/scrub off.

We've only been here a short while. Is it my fault? Or could the bath not be sealed properly? I know nothing about DIY and can't find anything on google about it. Any ideas? How can I remove the stain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It depends on what the wall is made of. If it is rust coloursed and in any kind of pattern it could mean the wall is soaked and the nails are rusting. It could be a a mould also suggesting the wall is wet. It could be inside the wall so you might not know. Tell your landlord it could be a big problem.

Rust require moisture and air. Assuming it is a partician wall that would suggest something is not right. If it is a reinforced concreate wall with the rebars rusting it is a bigger problem. Neither issues are a risk to you but the LL will want to sort them.

Age and construction method all have relevance.

Advertisement