Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please - Rugby Ball Shaped Cake

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

As I am a seasoned baker my Godson's Mum has asked me to make a Rugby ball shaped cake for his birthday - NEXT weekend! Only thing is I am a bit stumped as to how I am going to create the 3D shape of a Rugby ball! Has anyone any ideas? Will probably do chocolate biscuit cake as the mixture to keep it simple.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

CBC will either make it very difficult or very easy, you'd really need to make CBC in the shape of the ball from the start, as carving it would be very difficult. When I make rugby ball cakes I use a good madeira recipe with a dense crumb, so that I can carve the shape of the ball out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

The only way could think of making it from chocolate biscuit cake is to pack the wet mixture into a kind of a sling made from a strong plastic bag or a few layers of clingfilm then leave it to set. Then, when its set you should end up with a rough rugby ball shape, all going well.

I'd agree wth Acoshla though, carving it from a dense madeira would be the simpler option.

Advertisement