Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Problems

Options
  • 21-11-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me out, recently swithched back to Eircom from UPC, both wireless connections. PC is fairly old (7 years) with windowns xp home edition, didn't have any problems with the UPC wireless so I assumed that same would be case with UPC.

Anyway I got box from Eircom the other day in the post with all the stuff in it (wireless modem,cables, filter things for phone points etc) or so I thought, they didn't include a wireless network adapter, on contacting them they said I would have to buy my own, which I picked up for €15 from Harvey Norman.

Anyway to cut a long story short, when I put in the CD from eircom to go through the set up I could only get as far as where the software looks for the wireless adapter, after a few seconds I got a message saying that it could not find the wireless adapter, however when I looked down to the bottom right hand corner of the screen I could see the icon saying that my wireless adapter is working, double clicking on this icon gave me the details of the wireless adapter all indicating that it works fine. So I clicked on the internet explorer icon thinking that I would be able to open up the home page (i.e. google.ie) but I got an error message saying that no connection available please check with your ISP etc.

I have tried all the usual things to try and sort it out as in turning on and off the modem, pc etc but to no avail, also looked at the lan settings but nothing obvious there either. To compound matters further my netbook can connect no problem, can anyone advise me on what my problem may be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The first problem is using the CD from Eircom, it never works right and the wondows software works much better. Remove anything to do with eircom from your pc, use windows to search for the wireless network, pick your network, put in your key and your done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

GarIT wrote: »
    The first problem is using the CD from Eircom, it never works right and the wondows software works much better. Remove anything to do with eircom from your pc, use windows to search for the wireless network, pick your network, put in your key and your done.

can you elaborate a little on how you get windows to search for the wireless network?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'm not too sure in xp, if your adapter is working there should be a pc with like a signal coming out of it, right click on that and there should be an option like search for available connections or show available wireless networks of something like that, click in there and it should show you all the nearby connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me out, recently swithched back to Eircom from UPC, both wireless connections. PC is fairly old (7 years) with windowns xp home edition, didn't have any problems with the UPC wireless so I assumed that same would be case with UPC.

Anyway I got box from Eircom the other day in the post with all the stuff in it (wireless modem,cables, filter things for phone points etc) or so I thought, they didn't include a wireless network adapter, on contacting them they said I would have to buy my own, which I picked up for €15 from Harvey Norman.

Anyway to cut a long story short, when I put in the CD from eircom to go through the set up I could only get as far as where the software looks for the wireless adapter, after a few seconds I got a message saying that it could not find the wireless adapter, however when I looked down to the bottom right hand corner of the screen I could see the icon saying that my wireless adapter is working, double clicking on this icon gave me the details of the wireless adapter all indicating that it works fine. So I clicked on the internet explorer icon thinking that I would be able to open up the home page (i.e. google.ie) but I got an error message saying that no connection available please check with your ISP etc.

I have tried all the usual things to try and sort it out as in turning on and off the modem, pc etc but to no avail, also looked at the lan settings but nothing obvious there either. To compound matters further my netbook can connect no problem, can anyone advise me on what my problem may be?

Hi Road-Hog,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum.

From what you say, it would appear that your Windows XP computer is non-wireless and requires a wireless adaptor in order to connect it to the eircom modem.

You have two options in a case like this: 1) purchase an eircom compatible wireless adaptor from eircom 2) purchase your own wireless adaptor from some 3rd party.

If you choose the latter, then you have chosen to install and support your own 3rd party wireless adaptor.

At this point the following maybe helpful: I would advise that you un-install and then reinstall your wireless adaptor. As in the previous post, there's no need to use the eircom disk. Your 3rd party wireless adaptor is likely to be not compatible with the eircom disk. Therefore, just use your inbuilt windows software to connect your wireless adaptor to the eircom modem.

If you're unsure how to uninstall your wireless adpator the following should help:

Go to Control Panel /Systems /Hardware/ Device Manager and open up Network Adaptors; Right click on your 3rd party wireless adaptor and click on uninstall.

Now re-install your 3rd party wireless adaptor. Put in the disk that came with this adaptor. There should be no need to actually plug in the wireless adaptor until you're prompted to by the CD software that came with it.

Click install and when prompted, plug your wireless adaptor into one of your usb ports.

Once your wireless adaptor is installed, then go to the control panel again and this time click on 'Network Connections'. Right Click on your newly installed wireless adaptor and click view available wireless networks:

If you don't see your wireless network available you may want to connect your computer to the modem with your Ethernet cable and follow the quick video tutorials below:

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Limited or no connectivity'

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Find the security key'

www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Connect to wireless'

As you say yourself, your wireless is working as you're other wireless computer (notebook) has no problems connecting over wireless. Therefore have a look at the above tutorials on this, if you've any problems connecting your non-wireless Windows Xp computer to the modem.

Third party wireless adaptors can be good and you generally get what you pay for. If you still have a problem with this wireless adaptor you may have to contact the manufacturer or vendor of the device.

eircom Technical Support will often guide customers how to connect with these wireless adaptor devices. If you need to purchase a wireless adaptor from eircom itself, which is directly supported by eircom Technical Support please see the following product's website :

http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/broadbandtab/usbwifi/

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Many thanks eircom ant..........will give the re-install a go as you suggest and hopefully it will sort it out.

• Advertisement

Many thanks eircom ant..........will give the re-install a go as you suggest and hopefully it will sort it out.

Hello Road-Hog,

Let me know how you get on.

If you have any problems connecting (re-installing etc) the wireless adaptor, just PM me your mobile contact and I'll try to connnect it for you.

Cheers Ant

Ant,

I did the re-install of the wireless adapter as you suggested and was able to pick up the network signal but when I double click on internet explorer and it comes up with the home page i.e. google.ie and when I do a search I get told that there is no connection available and get the following error message........

cannot find server or dns

Also another stranage thing keeps happening as in the wireless adapter keeps dropping the connection which I can see happening from the icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.........

Any suggestions??

Regards

RH

Ant,

I did the re-install of the wireless adapter as you suggested and was able to pick up the network signal but when I double click on internet explorer and it comes up with the home page i.e. google.ie and when I do a search I get told that there is no connection available and get the following error message........

Also another stranage thing keeps happening as in the wireless adapter keeps dropping the connection which I can see happening from the icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.........

Any suggestions??

Hi RH,

Sounds like the wireless adaptor is trying to connect to your modem through it's own wireless adaptor software. Most of these Wireless adaptors will try to use their own software first, rather than use the standard default windows wireless setup.

The fact that your other wireless computer is connecting fine over wireless suggests the issue is more likely to do with the wireless adaptor. So don't worry too much about DNS error. If you're unable to connect to the server your Internet browser is bound to come back with some sort or misleading or windows error.

As you're using a Windows XP PC, one suggestion might be to 'Restart Wireless' using the Windows OS.

To do this :
    Close down any open applications on your PC.
    Press the Windows Key and the letter 'r' on your keyboard.
    This will bring up the 'Run' Window :
    Where it says open type : services.msc
    click OK
    This will bring up the current Windows Services running on your PC.
    Scroll down until you see 'Wireless Zero Configuration'
    Double click this and it will open
    ensure that the start type is automatic
    then click on 'Start'
    wait 30 seconds and then click OK

Restart your PC and restart the modem

Now simply follow the instructions on www.eircom.net/tutorials - Connect to wireless.

You may need to view 1st : www.eircom.net/tutorials - find the Security Key

Finally open up your Internet browser and view web pages over wireless.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ant

Ant,

Any suggestions??

Hi RH,

Sounds like the wireless adaptor is trying to connect to your modem through it's own wireless adaptor software. Most of these Wireless adaptors will try to use their own software first, rather than use the standard default windows wireless setup.

The fact that your other wireless computer is connecting fine over wireless suggests the issue is more likely to do with the wireless adaptor. So don't worry too much about DNS error. If you're unable to connect to the server your Internet browser is bound to come back with some sort or misleading or windows error.

As you're using a Windows XP PC, one suggestion might be to 'Restart Wireless' using the Windows OS.

To do this :
    Close down any open applications on your PC.
    Press the Windows Key and the letter 'r' on your keyboard.
    This will bring up the 'Run' Window :
    Where it says open type : services.msc
    click OK
    This will bring up the current Windows Services running on your PC.
    Scroll down until you see 'Wireless Zero Configuration'
    Double click this and it will open
    ensure that the start type is automatic
    then click on 'Start'
    wait 30 seconds and then click OK

Restart your PC and restart the modem

Now simply follow the instructions on www.eircom.net/tutorials - Connect to wireless.

You may need to view 1st : www.eircom.net/tutorials - find the Security Key

Finally open up your Internet browser and view web pages over wireless.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Ant

Ant,

A couple of more queries for you. I did what you said above and everything went fine, got google up and running. However, I then decided to do a windows 'up-date' check and found out that 'service pack 3' had never been installed on the pc so i down loaded this and installed, then realising that I only had internet explorer 6 I decided to update to explorer 8, so I down loaded this and installed it also. Now these two things seemed to have screwed up the wireless connection again. I did the 'services.msc' thing to ensure that the wireless zero was set to automaic, uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless adapeter drivers etc both to no avial. The strangest thing of all though is that when I click on the small
    icon in the bottom rhs of screen for the wireless connectoins and click on view available wireless networks, the 'eircom one' is visible and when i select it and put in the security key it tries to establish a connectoin but will not complete it................any ideas??? its really frustrating.

Regards

RH

Ant,

A couple of more queries for you. I did what you said above and everything went fine, got google up and running. However, I then decided to do a windows 'up-date' check and found out that 'service pack 3' had never been installed on the pc so i down loaded this and installed, then realising that I only had internet explorer 6 I decided to update to explorer 8, so I down loaded this and installed it also. Now these two things seemed to have screwed up the wireless connection again. I did the 'services.msc' thing to ensure that the wireless zero was set to automaic, uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless adapeter drivers etc both to no avial. The strangest thing of all though is that when I click on the small
    icon in the bottom rhs of screen for the wireless connectoins and click on view available wireless networks, the 'eircom one' is visible and when i select it and put in the security key it tries to establish a connectoin but will not complete it................any ideas??? its really frustrating.

Regards

RH

Hi Road-Hog,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad someone was able to decipher my poor instruction guides and that your wireless adaptor was connecting.

Though from that and from what you have said, I think your service pack and Windows updates have caused problems. It sounds like the firmware on the wireless adaptor may need updated.

It's a pity you upgraded your service pack and OS. Sometimes this results in driver failures and can be a pain to get all updates back up and running.

You should contact the Wireless adaptor manufacturer and see if they can offer help, or an additional patch for this driver. You may even have to right off this wireless adaptor if you can't get an update.

Even if you do see the wireless network available, a part of the wireless adaptor is not communicating with other parts of your computer.
    I wouldn't advise that you interfere again with your 'services' on your upgraded computer (Windows 7). The Win 7 OS dosen't have the same problems that XP or Vista had.

The cost of this wireless adaptor is quite cheap, so it may be more trouble and may be best to look for another standard wireless adaptor.

As said if you want to purchase a wireless adaptor from eircom, which eircom Technical Support will assist you with then visit our online website :

http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/
    or call Broadband Sales : 1800 503303

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Hi Road-Hog,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad someone was able to decipher my poor instruction guides and that your wireless adaptor was connecting.

Though from that and from what you have said, I think your service pack and Windows updates have caused problems. It sounds like the firmware on the wireless adaptor may need updated.

It's a pity you upgraded your service pack and OS. Sometimes this results in driver failures and can be a pain to get all updates back up and running.

You should contact the Wireless adaptor manufacturer and see if they can offer help, or an additional patch for this driver. You may even have to right off this wireless adaptor if you can't get an update.

Even if you do see the wireless network available, a part of the wireless adaptor is not communicating with other parts of your computer.
    I wouldn't advise that you interfere again with your 'services' on your upgraded computer (Windows 7). The Win 7 OS dosen't have the same problems that XP or Vista had.

The cost of this wireless adaptor is quite cheap, so it may be more trouble and may be best to look for another standard wireless adaptor.

As said if you want to purchase a wireless adaptor from eircom, which eircom Technical Support will assist you with then visit our online website :

http://www.eircom.net/accessories/broadband/
    or call Broadband Sales : 1800 503303

Best wishes,
    Ant

Ant,

Once again many thanks for your prompt and informative reply. I thought that by updating the OS by installing Service Pack 3 and by upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 I would be getting away from any problems, how wrong was I, in any case would you be able to answer the following:

1. Is it possible to uninstall windows service pack 3
    2. If I do uninstall the above should I also consider reverting back to IE ver 6 also?

3. Should I just contact the wireless adapeter manufacture and get some help from them?

Regards

RH

Ant,

Once again many thanks for your prompt and informative reply. I thought that by updating the OS by installing Service Pack 3 and by upgrading to Internet Explorer 8 I would be getting away from any problems, how wrong was I, in any case would you be able to answer the following:

1. Is it possible to uninstall windows service pack 3
    2. If I do uninstall the above should I also consider reverting back to IE ver 6 also?

3. Should I just contact the wireless adapeter manufacture and get some help from them?

Regards

RH

Hi Road-Hog,

You're welcome.

In answer to your Qs : It may be possible to uninstall Service Pack3 though you may have to speak with Microsoft (Windows) Support. Easiest way is to search for this online

It might be best to use a previous version on Internet Explorer and revert back to IE6 or IE7.

Check online or for more definitive support contact MS directly - MICROSOFT - 01 7065353 (Note, most some of these companies like Microsoft may charge for Technical Support or be expensive)

In the first instance it may be best to contact your Wireless Adaptor Manufacturer.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi Road-Hog,

You're welcome.

In answer to your Qs : It may be possible to uninstall Service Pack3 though you may have to speak with Microsoft (Windows) Support. Easiest way is to search for this online

It might be best to use a previous version on Internet Explorer and revert back to IE6 or IE7.

Check online or for more definitive support contact MS directly - MICROSOFT - 01 7065353 (Note, most some of these companies like Microsoft may charge for Technical Support or be expensive)

In the first instance it may be best to contact your Wireless Adaptor Manufacturer.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Ant,

Thanks for your many replies and advice. I'm still not connecting properly, I didn't try uninstall service pack 3 of IE 8 as when I brought the pc and adapter to my brothers house where he has a UPC connection (wireless) everything worked fine..........as I said above, with eircom when I select the 'view wireless connections' available the eircom connection shows up and when I click on connect and enter the security code it attempts to connect but eventually comes back with an error message.........getting very fustrated, maybe its something very minor but using laptop which connects fine I can't find a solution..........?? Any more advice/ideas??

Regards

RH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

edit

Ant,

Thanks for your many replies and advice. I'm still not connecting properly, I didn't try uninstall service pack 3 of IE 8 as when I brought the pc and adapter to my brothers house where he has a UPC connection (wireless) everything worked fine..........as I said above, with eircom when I select the 'view wireless connections' available the eircom connection shows up and when I click on connect and enter the security code it attempts to connect but eventually comes back with an error message.........getting very fustrated, maybe its something very minor but using laptop which connects fine I can't find a solution..........?? Any more advice/ideas??

Regards

RH

Hi Road-Hog, thanks again.

To me it does sound like a faulty or intermittent wireless adaptor.

As advised several times, it would be best, in the first place, to contact the manufacturer of the wireless adaptor for support. Most vendors will have good support departments who will be able to access their wireless adaptor setup. They will be able to update their own software (drivers) and ensure it connects to a wireless modem.

Unfortunately, even if eircom Techincal Support had the necessary driver software, they wouldn't have a license to support the 3rd party hardware device. They may even be liable if something went wrong with the device or with your computer.

In my opinion, as advised before, I would recommend purchasing a wireless adaptor from ourselves. In this way, eircom Support can stand over this and if necessary even replace a wireless adaptor if found to be faulty. As you say youself, your laptop has no problems connecting to your wireless modem, so in general you know that your modem is fine.

Also as you advised before, this wireless adaptor device cost just €15 (approx'). Relatively speaking this would be considered quite cheap for any electronic wireless devices. At the end of the day, it may save you a lot of hassle & time to purchase a standard wireless adaptor from your own Internet provider.

If you are determined to stick with your wireless adaptor, then please contact this manufacturer for support with their device.

Before you call them, please ensure you have your wireless Security key to hand, as this will help them : www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Find the Security Key'

eircom Technical Support can also confirm that your broadband modem is working if required. If you need direct techincal assistance on any eircom related issue, just give Broadband Support a quick call on :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 Days).

Please retain your case id /reference from eircom Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow up on any eircom related issue.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 peter_de_tool

My Eircom Router (Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3) is continually timing out/rebooting, using an old netopia fixes the problem, but limits my download speed to 8Mbps, given that I am paying for 24Mbps, this is not very unsatisfactory, eircoms technical support are not very helpful. A friend had the exact same problem with his Zyxel modem, he bought Netgear modem, and his connection problems were instantly solved. My cotract with Eircom is coming to an end soon, so rather than buy a new modem, I am considering switching to vodafone, what is their service like?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum.

I am unable to advise you on another Internet provider, although I'm sure they all try their best to help their customers.

As regards your eircom Zyxel modem. If it keeps powering off, as you say, then it will probably need replaced. You should first try a full hard reset on this modem to see if it fixes the problem. If the modem keeps power cycling, then you should replace this.

How to hard reset eircom modem

You're very welcome to use your own modem choice if you prefer to purchase a netgear modem or any other model. Many Internet providers these days offer customers a choice to purchase their own, or buy one from the provider. eircom still offer a modem as part of their service. If you're still within you're broadband contract, you will also be entitled to a Free replacement modem; as the modem is still under a 12 months warantee. Just give a quick call to eircom Broadband Support.

Please note that Adsl fixedline broadband is not a guranteed service. This is clearly stated at the outset when signing up. The service is also provided in terms of up to; for example up to 8Mb, or up to 24Mb.

In the case of *NGB:

*NGB (Next Generation Broadband) allows for uncongested and consistent usage (downloads) even during peak times. NGB is also a free upgrade up to *8Mb (or up to*24Mb in cases) dependent on what your broadband phoneline pre-qualifies for.

ADSL itself is rate adaptive technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange.. Upgrading to NGB won't change the distance (or what your broadband connection pre-qualifies for). Please see www.ngb.ie for more information.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 Days).

Best wishes,
    Ant
    My Eircom Router (Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3) is continually timing out/rebooting, using an old netopia fixes the problem, but limits my download speed to 8Mbps, given that I am paying for 24Mbps, this is not very unsatisfactory, eircoms technical support are not very helpful. A friend had the exact same problem with his Zyxel modem, he bought Netgear modem, and his connection problems were instantly solved. My cotract with Eircom is coming to an end soon, so rather than buy a new modem, I am considering switching to vodafone, what is their service like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Hi Ant,

Currently on the 24Mb NGB package, and been having much the same problem as Peter ever since we got the ZyXEL gateway over a year ago. Continual dropped connections, overloaded NAT, and just general unreliability with this router. We have tried several hard resets, optimum phone line connections, and changed various advanced settings, but anything other than the basic user changes makes the gateway unusable.

At any one time we have at least 10 devices connected via another router in bridge mode, however would like to use this router as a DHCP server and the ZyXEL purely as an ADSL modem, but this setup guarantees an overload of NAT sessions and dropped connections (max. # sessions = 2048). As a result our home network is quite slow, as everything is routed through the gateway.

The dropped connections issue varies in intensity, recently it only happens a few times a day so we're half afraid to touch the gateway in case we jinx it. There are times it makes the internet unusable for hours at a time. One thing I have noticed that sometimes the gateway software clock loses time, until the device disconnects and resets itself. This doesn't always happen.

When we initially signed up for the 24Mb package, the max. connection DL speed averaged around 17Mb/s. However we were made to change to 24Mb NBG a number of months ago, and since then the max. speed according to the gateway has been from 11 to 15Mb/s, this changes on reset. I accepted the original 17Mb/s at the time, as this was consistent with our distance from the exchange and the signal attenuation, but now I know that the line, which I presume hasn't been changed, can handle a higher bitrate. I would appreciate it if you could look into this issue for me.

Recently there is a huge latency on every device, between when a link is clicked on and when the page loads. Occasionally only half the page will load or not at all. This is possibly a NAT issue.

We have always had our suspicions that the gateway was faulty, badly designed, or possibly just not suited to our needs, but put up with it till now, when I saw how easily other issues have been fixed here. I would appreciate it if you could try to troubleshoot these issues for me, or if we could replace the gateway with new one or a different brand.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

TheChizler wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

Currently on the 24Mb NGB package, and been having much the same problem as Peter ever since we got the ZyXEL gateway over a year ago. Continual dropped connections, overloaded NAT, and just general unreliability with this router. We have tried several hard resets, optimum phone line connections, and changed various advanced settings, but anything other than the basic user changes makes the gateway unusable.

At any one time we have at least 10 devices connected via another router in bridge mode, however would like to use this router as a DHCP server and the ZyXEL purely as an ADSL modem, but this setup guarantees an overload of NAT sessions and dropped connections (max. # sessions = 2048). As a result our home network is quite slow, as everything is routed through the gateway.

The dropped connections issue varies in intensity, recently it only happens a few times a day so we're half afraid to touch the gateway in case we jinx it. There are times it makes the internet unusable for hours at a time. One thing I have noticed that sometimes the gateway software clock loses time, until the device disconnects and resets itself. This doesn't always happen.

When we initially signed up for the 24Mb package, the max. connection DL speed averaged around 17Mb/s. However we were made to change to 24Mb NBG a number of months ago, and since then the max. speed according to the gateway has been from 11 to 15Mb/s, this changes on reset. I accepted the original 17Mb/s at the time, as this was consistent with our distance from the exchange and the signal attenuation, but now I know that the line, which I presume hasn't been changed, can handle a higher bitrate. I would appreciate it if you could look into this issue for me.

Recently there is a huge latency on every device, between when a link is clicked on and when the page loads. Occasionally only half the page will load or not at all. This is possibly a NAT issue.

We have always had our suspicions that the gateway was faulty, badly designed, or possibly just not suited to our needs, but put up with it till now, when I saw how easily other issues have been fixed here. I would appreciate it if you could try to troubleshoot these issues for me, or if we could replace the gateway with new one or a different brand.

Shane

Hi Shane,

Can you PM me with your telephone number and I will look into this for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

PM sent. Thank you.

• Advertisement

Hi RH,

Cheers. From what you say :

Your own laptop has no problem connecting to your wireless network. You wireless adaptor works fine on another wireless network.

Therefore, my conclusion is still the same. Your own Windows XP computer doesn't appear to be talking correctly to your new wireless adaptor. Either the wireless adaptor needs an updated driver installed on your Windows PC, or this may be the result of your windows updates; as you indicated previously that the wireless adaptor was working with your Window's XP computer, until you updated your Windows service pack.

You don't mention if you've contact your wireless adaptor vendor or manufacturer? Therefore your first port of call for support on this issue should be with this 3rd party client.

If your wireless manufacturer confirms that the drivers are installed correctly, then I suggest you contact Microsoft - Advise them your new Wifi adaptor works fine and your broadband wireless works perfectly with your laptop. They may be able to suggest an update or repair on their service pack.

If you need help on any eircom technical related broadband issue, please call Broadband Support:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

All the best,
    Ant

Ant,

Regards

RH

Advertisement