Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Timetable

• 21-11-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, guys. I would like to ask what is the best way to organize your study time. I tried countless ways of studing, keeping it to a minimum but it's still too much. Is there any smart way you study without overworking yourself? If you need my subjects I can write it down.

The last study plan I had was studying two subjects every day with the exception of 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. I really need help because I can't study at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think you need to be really strategic and treat the timetable as a guideline rather than if you don't get this done you've failed. If you know you have something going on on a Thursday or you're always wrecked on a Friday, just leave that day empty. Guilt and feeling like you've already screwed up is the worst thing you can do, something is always better than nothing. 20 minutes is better than no minutes at all.

The next thing you need to do is make a big list of all the topics you've done per subject and stick it on the wall. Then make another week by week poster for the next few weeks with which topics you want to get done each week. Mine for this week says Differentiation, Adrienne Rich, Volumetric Analysis, Sexual Reproduction in Plants and Humans, redo an old Physics test and 2 French Reading Comprehensions. Each time you finish something, highlight it off the list. I love highlighting!

The other thing would be if you are taking languages, get an email penpal or a real penpal. Its great practise and it doesn't feel like work because you're on the computer. The other thing you can do is download a few podcasts to listen to to practice listening on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I do mine day by day. Every class I get homework in, I pop it into a slot on my timetable. After all my homework's done, I then know that I've got x amount of time to do some study, and get some other bits done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I think you need to be really strategic and treat the timetable as a guideline rather than if you don't get this done you've failed. If you know you have something going on on a Thursday or you're always wrecked on a Friday, just leave that day empty. Guilt and feeling like you've already screwed up is the worst thing you can do, something is always better than nothing. 20 minutes is better than no minutes at all.

The next thing you need to do is make a big list of all the topics you've done per subject and stick it on the wall. Then make another week by week poster for the next few weeks with which topics you want to get done each week. Mine for this week says Differentiation, Adrienne Rich, Volumetric Analysis, Sexual Reproduction in Plants and Humans, redo an old Physics test and 2 French Reading Comprehensions. Each time you finish something, highlight it off the list. I love highlighting!

The other thing would be if you are taking languages, get an email penpal or a real penpal. Its great practise and it doesn't feel like work because you're on the computer. The other thing you can do is download a few podcasts to listen to to practice listening on the bus.
    This is what I do, highlighting is my LIFE! :D I've got 6 colours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oneup1

Thanks for the tips guys. I will try and keep it to a bare minimum so I can do atleast the minimum study!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Split your subjects up into chapters, spend your time ideally going through a whole chapter at once. Take notes by yourself; (atleast you're writing something rather than just reading.) Do examination questions (your best way to learn is to understand the questions asked).
    Also it's important to keep fun things very much involved with your life. If you're feeling dull one day, don't bother studying, go out and have fun. There's no use trying to fill a mind that just won't take the information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

When your time tabling your study put different kinds of subjects together.
    eg do some English then math. Don't do Irish and Spanish or Business and Economics one after the other. Work different sides of your brain, you wont get bored that way.

Advertisement