Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Gillibean wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Know Kinsella. But I need another kinda definite to look back over. Suppose I know Plath the best out of the rest of them but not sure I'd write a good answer on her.
    Who would you recommend ? Heaney ?

I would definitely suggest Heaney, and another female poet, like Rich or Boland, whichever you find easier/prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Lads lets be honest, we all know Heaney is going to be there tomorrow, chill the fúck out

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gillibean

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Know Kinsella. But I need another kinda definite to look back over. Suppose I know Plath the best out of the rest of them but not sure I'd write a good answer on her.

I spose if youre stuck, yeah, or plath... but i dont wanna be the bad guy if they dont come up... then again, out of my poets, they are all that is likely to come up, not counting surprises...

No worries. Cheers for the help.
    Goodluck.

Thanks.

I would definitely suggest Heaney, and another female poet, like Rich or Boland, whichever you find easier/prefer.

Thanks. Heaney it is so.
    Kinsella, Heaney and Plath for back up.
    That's safe .. right ?! haha

Thanks. Heaney it is so.

Sounds good to me! I know Heaney, Rich and Kavanagh .. fingers crossed! Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 soniacore

FinnD wrote: »
    Lads lets be honest, we all know Heaney is going to be there tomorrow, chill the fúck out

True that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Pete123456 wrote: »
    ok so, a little off topic but this annoys me... do the poets sit down to write this complicated knot of techniques and metaphors? or do they just throw a few lines together?

I write poetry and yes I do to an extent. It's not like "now I'm going to write down three metaphors", but I do choose words very carefully based on their significance and the connotations they hold.

I suppose it depends on the poet though, I'm sure some write more freely while others put great thought into each word they choose.

I definitely do think we over-analyse some poetry on the LC course and read into things in ways the poet didn't intend, but then a lot of poets deliberately leave their writing open to interpretation and while they might have one intention while writing a poem, the finished piece might come across completely differently to someone else reading it. I like that, and pretty much anything I write is incredibly vague so sometimes it won't be interpreted as whatever inspired it but that's fine because I don't necessarily intend for it to be? If that makes any sense. I'm not a "real" poet anyway but maybe I can provide some sort of insight. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

anyone know of any site with a sample essay on kinsella? /: i'm worried about him cause my essays only got B3s. /: and he seems like a proper eejit that might come up. :eek: !!

edit: never mind. found some helpful sites. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 study2012

guys for poetry and hamlet how many quotes is the max. and the min

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

so if i have the character of hamlet, deception, role of women for hamlet
    gvvp for comparative
    Heaney and Plath for poetry
    am i safe for the exam?

• Advertisement

Glitt_123 wrote: »
    so if i have the character of hamlet, deception, role of women for hamlet
    gvvp for comparative
    Heaney and Plath for poetry
    am i safe for the exam?

More than likely yes. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

More than likely yes. Good luck.

thanks man! still get paranoid, what if literary genre and theme n issue turn up, dont know any of them:mad:
    good luck to u too!

Thanks. Heaney it is so.

Sounds good to me! I know Heaney, Rich and Kavanagh .. fingers crossed! Good luck!:)

You too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mark27493

I think English today proved that all predictions are a waste of time, Thank god I did Rich this morning as a back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

**** your predictions. I'm doing the opposite of what you's say:D

Had Larkin covered well though so it was alright.

I ran out of time. Didn't finish Larkin or the unseen poem. Only did 3 and a half pages on Hamlet. 4 on Comparative. 2 and a half on Larkin and 1 on the unseen poem

Definately dropping from the 70 is got in my mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 screeeewed

soniacore wrote: »

True that.
    Yeahhh..so chilled in the exam when the c*** doesn't appear..:L

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

im expecting a news report !! 3.5 pages if fine i think if the quality is good !

Well ya I feel sorry for anyone that just relied on heaney and plath I mean thank god I looked at kinsella this morning. Anyway most of u did say that they are going to make the paper unpredictable. Anyway maths tomoro any body with predictions please. And Yup look like the hint on text 2 paper one English did hint that heaney and boland weren't coming up thank god I didn't care about plath I new she was too predictable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

**** your predictions. I'm doing the opposite of what you's say:D

Had Larkin covered well though so it was alright.

I ran out of time. Didn't finish Larkin or the unseen poem. Only did 3 and a half pages on Hamlet. 4 on Comparative. 2 and a half on Larkin and 1 on the unseen poem

Definately dropping from the 70 is got in my mocks

You're the Agile Beast Matt.Don't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I think all prediction threads should be abolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bonnielee

do plath they said...be grand they said.....
    i can bet you 100% she'll make an appearance next year

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

ah now it wasnt just the people in this thread who thought it was heaney/rich... half of the nation did

Guys do u think they saw this and decided to change the exam paper today coz everyone was so sure of heaney and plath . I heard that they make extra paper for each subject incase something happens is that true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

study2012 wrote: »
    Guys do u think they saw this and decided to change the exam paper today coz everyone was so sure of heaney and plath . I heard that they make extra paper for each subject incase something happens is that true

No, they make an extra back up paper in case of a scenario like 2009, where English Paper II was handed out on the wrong day. The back up copy isn't ready for distribution to schools, in that case they had to delay the exam to the Saturday because of the time it took to print and distribute thousands of papers.

The paper is made in November, nothing but exceptional circumstances will make them change that paper, and certainly not comments on an internet forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

No, they wouldn't waste that much money?? That's the most ridiculous thing cos they print them in England. They have an extra paper in case it get leaked like 2 years ago, but not cos of predictions. Before people started this Plath business Kinsella was guaranteed as he'd never come up so in fairness even though it was a hard paper they probably thought they were being nice putting kinsella on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

People were hoping for blind luck with Heaney and Plath. They were only guessing that they'd come up.Nothing else.All predictions are complete luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Staying well clear of predictions now.

May Sylvia Plath be a testament to the flimsiness of the 'educated guess'.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Staying well clear of predictions now.

May Sylvia Plath be a testament to the flimsiness of the 'intelligent guess'.

^This

Helloxoxo wrote: »
    No, they wouldn't waste that much money?? That's the most ridiculous thing cos they print them in England. They have an extra paper in case it get leaked like 2 years ago, but not cos of predictions. Before people started this Plath business Kinsella was guaranteed as he'd never come up so in fairness even though it was a hard paper they probably thought they were being nice putting kinsella on

Srsly kinsella was never asked before !!!!!!!now why didnt anyone mention that!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think algebra is coming up tomorrow. GO FOCUS ON MATHS GUYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cian_Collins

Look forget about English can't do nomore about it , I scewed up me poetry and Im doing pass ....... Geog and Maths and clues ?? Especially pass maths someone pleaseeeee HELP me out Im so screwed :(

Geography is going to be a killer! God knows what they're going to put on after today!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Gerdev

biohaiid wrote: »
    I think all prediction threads should be abolished.
    Here here

Geography is going to be a killer! God knows what they're going to put on after today!

Don't even get me started on geography ... I failed it in the mocks, and I need 65% and over to get the points I need for college... SO SCREWED! I literally have the worst teacher ever -_-

Do you know the central place theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

After todays paper I don't have much faith in predictions, although just in case...

1. Any idea on IRISH HL P1 essays?

2. HL SPANISH opinion piece?
    3. " " la adventura de Saíd likely book chapters?

4. HL Economics predictions ? (short Qs.)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

Srsly kinsella was never asked before !!!!!!!now why didnt anyone mention that!!!!!
    Wish I found that out earlier. Found out in the car on the way to the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

The funny thing is everyone in my school year relied on plath to come up :L when i opened the paper i was staring at the poetry section for about a minute without an emotion after seeing plath isnt there....then i just burst out laughing....at least i knew hamlet and my comparative well...got a b3 in my pres..not a hope of that now...

As for economics i hear perfect competition and elasticity alot...
    also manufacturing for ordinary accounting...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chloe112

Well ya I feel sorry for anyone that just relied on heaney and plath I mean thank god I looked at kinsella this morning. Anyway most of u did say that they are going to make the paper unpredictable. Anyway maths tomoro any body with predictions please. And Yup look like the hint on text 2 paper one English did hint that heaney and boland weren't coming up thank god I didn't care about plath I new she was too predictable

Hey...don't be an arsehole.. Thanks fantastic that you were covered and so was I but some people are pretty disappointed.. Watch out for karma ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

Not even joking, I predicted a question on language for Kavanagh and corruption in Hamlet. You guys should be begging me for predictions haha!!

Geography tomorrow:
    I predict landform development will come up with karst feature or human interaction with rock cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ziomek232323

The man is right if you only studied 2 poets then you did that to yourself, no one ever said that plath is gonna come up. Its just stupidity of some people on this website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The man is right if you only studied 2 poets then you did that to yourself, no one ever said that plath is gonna come up. Its just stupidity of some people on this website.

Comments like that aren't necessary, the exam is over so no need for the snide remarks towards people who may not be happy with it.

Nitsuj wrote: »
    Wish I found that out earlier. Found out in the car on the way to the exam.

He wasn't on the course before this year, so no he couldn't have been asked before.

HIGHER LEVEL MATHS PAPER 1
    (& paper2)

Where can you find all the proofs, and theorems for paper 1?
    and for paper 2?

I don't know where to get them online.
    Does anyone have a resource / page and book reference that I could use to get them all together.

As the exam is tomorrow please respond asap!

also, did anyone get any logical tips as to what may be likely to come up re:, proofs paper one, in particular integration: spheres, cones or discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭TheCassman

Lads any tips for higher maths paper 1 tomorrow? ****ting bricks....... any advice?

Chloe112 wrote: »
    Hey...don't be an arsehole.. Thanks fantastic that you were covered and so was I but some people are pretty disappointed.. Watch out for karma ;)

O no I'm so sorry don't get me wrong I didn't meant anything wrong I swear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Pete123456

The fella on rte radio 1 after English was saying first principals and they weren't on last year so... Also, the SEC after today could shove something weird into q2... Factor theorem anyways and either an area under the curve or a proof by induction.... Who knows at this stage... I've lost all faith in the SEC after no Heaney or Plath...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AK123

Ah I would say just forget about today. What's done is done.. any if there is ****e answers this year then they may mark it easier (Hope so)
    Well I had a diabetic hypo half way thru the paper just as I was writing about Kavanagh.. God help the examiner because I didn't even look over it because my handwriting got so bad and I couldn't function to even start the unseen poem.. That's prob my honour in English gone anyway...
    Tomorrow is a new day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AOIFE15

Does anyone know how to talk about desertification of the rainforest biome in case they ask for two human activities have impacted a biome again? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 theVETERAN

i just learned rich and plath as female comes up every year.. characteristics of one soil type 2mro if yere brave enuf 2 predict after todays nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 theVETERAN

desertification in rainforest biome in india say they use it as source of fuel so trees are scarce. solar cookers limit it etc

Advertisement