Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 glen20

Sunny!! wrote: »
    i think debenture holders tbh:)
    ya hopefully, did you look at the one that came up last year it was neither debentures or shareholders, it was bank manger i think?
    And any chance does any1 do construction studies, any predications on questions or drawings that might come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

For accounting, what's the budgeting pro-forma method? Is it the mixed budget (eg - both production and cash budget one) or is it with discount or what?

I still think that Farm 100 will appear!!!

And not reval! I wish though! I know depreciation came up last time, but if you look back, reval came up around 5/6 times where depr came up only 3/4 times!#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

glen20 wrote: »
    ya hopefully, did you look at the one that came up last year it was neither debentures or shareholders, it was bank manger i think?
    And any chance does any1 do construction studies, any predications on questions or drawings that might come up?

Yes lol i seen it. I sat the paper last year:)

ChemHickey wrote: »
    For accounting, what's the budgeting pro-forma method? Is it the mixed budget (eg - both production and cash budget one) or is it with discount or what?

I still think that Farm 100 will appear!!!

And not reval! I wish though! I know depreciation came up last time, but if you look back, reval came up around 5/6 times where depr came up only 3/4 times!#

its in the papers, 2002 and 2000 where they have to keep a minimum balance you know.

And I have a serious serious feeling about Farm A/C 100 marker i dont know why it wasnt in my prediction lol.

Reval would be nice, but I dont mind depreciation tbh

I would be revising every single topic on last years paper too. I think theyll be 1 q from last years paper

Yes lol i seen it. I sat the paper last year:)
    was that the first time its been asked?

• Advertisement

was that the first time its been asked?

Yeap. But it didnt bother me tbh I just wrote under all the other headings. THe control a/c and incomplete caught me.

Oh thanks!!! My teacher calls that the "Easy" method!!!

Ya i hope farm comes up, its the easiest of the 3... :D

We havent done depreciation yet... but my teacher thinks there will be published, suspense on as well.

I think that incomplete might pop up as a hundred this year.... but, in saying that, I've said practically everything ill come up as a hundred this year!!

Yes... and to clarify on ratio question.... what does the question b imply... my teacher doesn't think anyone in our class except those who dont understand one of the 100 markers should attempt it so she just rushed through it? Do specific ratios apply for specific people, debenture holders etc??? We just do all the ratios for every question b.. :/

P.s... I am hoping flexible budgeting comes up!

Yeap. But it didnt bother me tbh I just wrote under all the other headings. THe control a/c and incomplete caught me.
    Alright. Really good chance of suspense coming up (unfortunatley) comes up like even second year.

Alright. Really good chance of suspense coming up (unfortunatley) comes up like even second year.

i wont be doing suspense not a hope i guarantee it be on:(

Oh thanks!!! My teacher calls that the "Easy" method!!!

Ya i hope farm comes up, its the easiest of the 3... :D

We havent done depreciation yet... but my teacher thinks there will be published, suspense on as well.

I think that incomplete might pop up as a hundred this year.... but, in saying that, I've said practically everything ill come up as a hundred this year!!

Yes... and to clarify on ratio question.... what does the question b imply... my teacher doesn't think anyone in our class except those who dont understand one of the 100 markers should attempt it so she just rushed through it? Do specific ratios apply for specific people, debenture holders etc??? We just do all the ratios for every question b.. :/

P.s... I am hoping flexible budgeting comes up!

I done just all the ratios as per usual. You'll get 40/45 at least doing that

Incomplete good chance as I imagine it was poorly answered last year. We seem to be focusing on published this year it came up twice before.

I dont see flexible unless is mixed with q8. The days of a flexible full 80 are gone unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Ya? Well, thats good enough for ratios if i learn them all!

We havent done published or suspense either.... Hard>? (Btw, we dont do Q1 or 8 so we have barely no choice)

I've heard suspense is the hardest question on the paper? But is it just like control accounts??

I wish flexible would still be there, just for fun! Its the easiest.. they could have it mixed with some break even etc in Q9 ( but if that happens we'd be screwed not doing Q8 at all!).. :/ Or else with reams of theory?

Ya? Well, thats good enough for ratios if i learn them all!

We havent done published or suspense either.... Hard>? (Btw, we dont do Q1 or 8 so we have barely no choice)

I've heard suspense is the hardest question on the paper? But is it just like control accounts??

I wish flexible would still be there, just for fun! Its the easiest.. they could have it mixed with some break even etc in Q9 ( but if that happens we'd be screwed not doing Q8 at all!).. :/ Or else with reams of theory?

Its grand not doing q1. But not doing q8 is disgraceful. What if something new i added like in 09 in budgeting?. Id advice you to cover job costing on your own. Its easy really. If your good at control you'll be good at suspense. I'm only ok at suspense and will try and avoid it but i still have to cover it. Break even would occur in q8 not q9. Your teacher really should not be picking and choosing. For the theory it will be on every question. It depends on what grade you want if you want an A1 learn all the theory.

Ya? Job costing? My teacher siad that costing is way more difficult than budgeting, thats why we're doing it! :L :L I liked control last year... but now I forgot it all!! :L I need to revise everything for the mocks but it ahs come up in the past two years soits extremely unlikely control will pop up again!

The theory is a pain but I must learn it!! Accounting seems so much more effort than physics would have been!! :L

Ya? Job costing? My teacher siad that costing is way more difficult than budgeting, thats why we're doing it! :L :L I liked control last year... but now I forgot it all!! :L I need to revise everything for the mocks but it ahs come up in the past two years soits extremely unlikely control will pop up again!

The theory is a pain but I must learn it!! Accounting seems so much more effort than physics would have been!! :L

I would nearly guarantee the job costing. And what your teacher is saying is complete rubbish. All 80's are easy. Marginal costing is a lot easier than a production budget! I wouldnt worry about control. The theory is a pain. But for published youve no choice really.

Accounting takes up a lot of time but has one of the highest percentage of A's. There is a 1/5 chance you get an A. In business its 1/50 :L

Ya? Well, hopefully i'll be lucky enough to get an A1 in acounting!! I am hoping to anyway!! Ya, some of the budgetting questions can be easy.. but then... there are some awful ones!!

I'm so happy tab isnt (shouldnt be) up! I hated it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wheelbarrow25

English Paper 2:
    Hamlet : Hamlet's personal development/ the soliloquies

Comparative: Vision and Viewpoint and Genre

Poetry: Plath, Heaney and Kinsella (definitely) and maybe Rich?

Accounting
    Q1 Company accounts
    Q2 Cash Flow
    Q3 Revaluation
    Q4 Farm accounts
    Q5 Ratios (as always)
    Q6 Published accounts
    Q7 Suspense
    Q8 Absorption Costing
    Q9 Flexible Budgeting

Anything for business or economics? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I think it could be Plath this year, there is some 50th anniversary for her poems or something this year so ya never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We're not doing Kinsella, but I'm just wondering why everyone seems so sure he's coming up? Could be another Boland 2010 situation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wheelbarrow25

Patchy~ wrote: »
    We're not doing Kinsella, but I'm just wondering why everyone seems so sure he's coming up? Could be another Boland 2010 situation :P

Kinsella is back on the course after being off it for more than ten years, so a lot of people seem to think he will come up. Personally I'm hoping for Plath :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think it could be Plath this year, there is some 50th anniversary for her poems or something this year so ya never know.

And she's not on it for next 2 years so its as strong possibility.

Olympics and/or Euro 2012 could be on for comprehensions or essays, for all languages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

For history I think the Eucharistic Congress could come up and for English definitely Plath or Heaney. Also a speech might come up regarding the president in the composing section.

Yeah, I second the EC in history. In Geography I think the development of an urban region in a C/SC region is coming up (it was ireland/europe the last two years my teacher said). Irish my teacher says for the essay it could probably be the olympics/president (election/role)/the state of irish/poverty. No idea for anything else though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Yeah Michael. D. Higgin's will definitely come up in Irish in some form being an Irish speaker and of course the newly elected president.

The rest of history will be hard enough to predict since Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler came up in last year's paper.

English Paper 2:
    Hamlet : Hamlet's personal development/ the soliloquies

Comparative: Vision and Viewpoint and Genre

Poetry: Plath, Heaney and Kinsella (definitely) and maybe Rich?

Accounting
    Q1 Company accounts
    Q2 Cash Flow
    Q3 Revaluation
    Q4 Farm accounts
    Q5 Ratios (as always)
    Q6 Published accounts
    Q7 Suspense
    Q8 Absorption Costing
    Q9 Flexible Budgeting

Anything for business or economics? :)

Good prediction for accounting, I think tab/published. But flexible will not be a full 80. Cash budgeting 2009 more likely. As for business. One of tax/ insurance in the abq. And a cash flow forecast is long overdue/ratios.

silversky wrote: »
    The rest of history will be hard enough to predict since Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler came up in last year's paper.
    On one hand it sort of looks like, in tradition of not repeating things straight away, they'd put something weird on like anglo-american popular culture but on the other hand, the dictators cant really be left out and theyre trying to break their trends. in 06 and 09 war tech + vichy france came up so it'd make sense for it to come up in 12, but no one studies them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Everyone stop recommending Plath. Remember the Boland fiasco of 2009? The SEC are on to us now about Plath.

My predictions are to learn all the other 7 poets cause Plath definitely won't come up! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pio94

apparently on french every 2 years the comprehension is hard so taking that 2011 was the easy one 2012 aint looking that good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

they generally have a female poet every year as well as an irish poet, and there is only 3 females on the course, rich,plath and boland, boland came last year so i cant see them having her again? also irish poets usually come up too..personally i hope its plath!

anyone doing german?? my teacher reckons something on technology will come up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katierab

Downing wrote: »
    Ya I agree and possibly Kavanagh!!At least I hope
    My history teacher reckons Collins could come up for HL history as he has never been asked. Any other history prediction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Juju Lulu

Sure if everyone studies Plath it will be marked harder if theres such a percentage of students doing her

Advertisement