Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

My favourite poet to write about is Heaney.. so hopefully he'll come up. I have a feeling he will!! (': {psychic powers} :pac: I don't actually like Plath.. :P Her poetry is just all so meh and i hate writing about her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cork2012

What about french,elections likely? It occurred to me that they were around the same time as the papers 'usual' set date, perhaps I am wrong...
    What about the Pres though anyone here got them yet any chance of passing a few of those golden nuggets..
    Right if i think of anything else i'll post , b.t.w why is everyone hoping for imperfect competition in economics aren't they more or less uniform ( i find them quite monotonous and tedious then again i hate the national budget , all those policies are going to kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Carrie4321

katierab wrote: »
    My history teacher reckons Collins could come up for HL history as he has never been asked. Any other history prediction?

I agree about that! I'd say McCarthyism/Red Scare and the Impact of RTE!

Namlub wrote: »
    What kind of a weird system is that? Hate when they have really obscure literary comprehensions about herding goats and such >_>

I remember doing that comprehension in the exam papers :O I mean who can prepare for something THAT random :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Predictions threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Bubbleope wrote: »
    My favourite poet to write about is Heaney.. so hopefully he'll come up. I have a feeling he will!! (': {psychic powers} :pac: I don't actually like Plath.. :P Her poetry is just all so meh and i hate writing about her..

Yeah apparently he's the most likely of all to come up. But I just find him sooo boring! All his poems are about farmland and stuff :P You don't like Plath.. :eek: She's like by far the best of all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Megan.mcgowan

Any thoughts on what opinion piece/comprehension topics might come up for HL Spanish? Also for History: Irish topic 2 or European topic 4??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Mark27493

Any thoughts on what opinion piece/comprehension topics might come up for HL Spanish? Also for History: Irish topic 2 or European topic 4??
    Im thinking Healthy Living / Food for spanish but I could easily be wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

English: Plath heaney and for hamlet the importance of soliloquays and role of women

History: decolonisation in India

Irish: Olympics and oideachais

French: Olympics

Accounting : cash flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 helell

The following are simply educated guesses derived from the pattern of past exam papers. In order to achieve your maximum grade, you must study the entire syllabus.
    If I was doing my leaving cert, I would definitely not be concentrating on:
    plant tropisms, plant transport, ear, eye, nervous system, endocrine system, excretion, the effect of light on photosynthesis and isolation of DNA from a plant tissue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 fccallan

English: Plath heaney and for hamlet the importance of soliloquays and role of women

hi is that the DEB exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The enzyme activity experiments will/might come up, I feel it in my waters

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

fccallan wrote: »

hi is that the DEB exams?

These are only my Predictions for the actually leaving cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Agree with the above.

I have a feeling something on the president will appear in Irish and English.

For History I now say 1950s Economic and Social policies in Ireland will come up :D Came up in 2010, 2008 and 2006 :P I'm rooting for it so! It seems like an obviously pattern!

I don't think De Valera will come up :P Three years in a row! Yikes! :o But you never know :) 2011 people were probably saying the same except 2 years in a row! I also really really doubt Michael Collins will come up! I know he's never came up but in every exam they're nasty in one way or another so I think either de Valera is on it or Michael Collins isn't!

Just warning :P Don't rely completely on predictions no matter how tempting they are :O Case studies came up every year in every question in History except last year :P People who thought of only needing case studies was screwed I'd imagine :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

If Plath comes up in the LC I will do a victory dance on the table.. Could write pages on her. Just so interesting!! On the contrary if Kavanagh or Rich comes up, I will jump off the roof of the school.. So boring!! :pac:

If Plath comes up in the LC I will do a victory dance on the table.. Could write pages on her. Just so interesting!! On the contrary if Kavanagh or Rich comes up, I will jump off the roof of the school.. So boring!! :pac:

I loooooooooove Plath. Unfortunately I'm doing OL sooo... only doing two poems of her's! :P I like how depressive she is because it's so obvious and easy to write about! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Carrie4321 wrote: »
    I loooooooooove Plath. Unfortunately I'm doing OL sooo... only doing two poems of her's! :P I like how depressive she is because it's so obvious and easy to write about! :)

Going off topic here, but I completely agree! I hate when people bitch and complain about "oh she's soooo depressing blah blah blah" cause like all good poets have to be really emotional, and sadness is one of the most common ones and so probably one of the most difficult ones to portray properly and interestingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bonnielee

right, anyone have any ideas what might be coming up in home ec or bio ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Going off topic here, but I completely agree! I hate when people bitch and complain about "oh she's soooo depressing blah blah blah" cause like all good poets have to be really emotional, and sadness is one of the most common ones and so probably one of the most difficult ones to portray properly and interestingly.
    We did our English Paper II in School on Thursday, there's 65 people doing HL English.

Our Teacher told me on Friday that between the two classes in the school
    50 of the students did the Plath Question, and 14 did the Heaney Question. Leaving me, the odd one out again being the only student out of the whole school not to do Heaney or Plath Question in the Mocks :L

I did Philip Larkin, which looks like a very unpopular choice from our school and the other local school by the amount of people that chose his question in the mock! Did anyone here do Larkin as their poet on Paper II (DEB?) The other poet was Kinsella which nobody attempted! :P

Here's hoping the examiner marks it easier if s/he gets bored of all the Plath Answers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Please leave this thread to predictions for the Leaving Cert ONLY...Don't make any reference to the mocks for another month or so until they are all over...and even then, do not base your predictions on any of the mock papers!

PictureFrame, I'll leave your post spoilered for now, if you want to discuss which poets you think will come up/which ones people are more likely to do, do not make ANY reference to which one you did in the mocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Please leave this thread to predictions for the Leaving Cert ONLY...Don't make any reference to the mocks for another month or so until they are all over...and even then, do not base your predictions on any of the mock papers!

PictureFrame, I'll leave your post spoilered for now, if you want to discuss which poets you think will come up/which ones people are more likely to do, do not make ANY reference to which one you did in the mocks!
    Sincere apologies never crossed my mind what I was writing! I will make sure to take more care in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thepikminman

Has anyone got any prediction for this years accounting exam? Do you think departmental final accounts will come up, cos they haven't for 14 years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I don't think they will we never did them my teacher told me that we won't be doing them as they won't come up.
    I think cash flow will be on :) and i have a feeling that it be either q6 or 7
    and also supsense ;/

Thanks! Could you or anyone else tell me if you're allowed to answer an extra question? For example, if I answered three questions in section two instead of two, will they mark all of them and count my best two, or will they just ignore the third one?

Based on previous years, accounting should be:

Q1: MANUFACTURING (hasn't been asked for 6 years).

Q6: Service or published.

Q7: Incomplete (only came up as a 60 marker last year) or suspense.

Q9: FLEXIBLE BUDGETING (last time it was asked it was only a part (b) and that was three years ago).

Don't know about the rest.

Can anyone tell me if farm accounts can be asked as a 100 mark question, cos in my book, it says they only ever come up as 60 mark questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Based on previous years, accounting should be:

Q1: MANUFACTURING (hasn't been asked for 6 years).

Q6: Service or published.

Q7: Incomplete (only came up as a 60 marker last year) or suspense.

Q9: FLEXIBLE BUDGETING (last time it was asked it was only a part (b) and that was three years ago).

Don't know about the rest.

Can anyone tell me if farm accounts can be asked as a 100 mark question, cos in my book, it says they only ever come up as 60 mark questions?
    Yes it can be 100m with a balance sheet added. It's well overdue.

Damn, you'd think they would have mentioned that in the revise wise book... anyway thanks. And btw I think Q1 will be company accounts definitely, not manufacturing like i said above, i got confused with the names.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Damn, you'd think they would have mentioned that in the revise wise book... anyway thanks. And btw I think Q1 will be company accounts definitely, not manufacturing like i said above, i got confused with the names.....

They mention it definetly in revise wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I'm not sure about an extra question. I'd say they will pick best 2 but I may be wrong and you won't have time to answer an extra question unless you work super fast

Advertisement