Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you do an extra question they'll mark them all and count only your best.

But if you've ever done a whole accounting paper at once you'll realise that it's very unlikely you'll have enough free time to do an extra question - take 5 minutes at the start to read through questions, especially the adjustments, then decide which questions you will do, and stick to those!

The first choice you'll make is 120mark vs. 2x60mark in section 1 - again this is often personal preference - I always went for the 120mark, but some people don't like to do that question as it's quite time consuming, and some people keep their options open and decide on the day depending on which 60marks come up.

Then pick 2 out of 3 questions in Section 2 - I didn't like the ratio question at all, but it's more or less guaranteed so definitely be familiar with it as a safeguard if you don't like the 100marks.

In section 3 you just need to decide between the budgeting/costing question, but bear in mind they can mix them up a bit (put a little budgeting in the costing question, etc.) so be familiar with both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Accounting predictions thread merged with the main LC 2012 Predictions thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Has anyone got any prediction for this years accounting exam? Do you think departmental final accounts will come up, cos they haven't for 14 years...

Q1 Company Accounts -Very time consuming but very repetitive
    Q5 Interpretation-95% sure to come up. I find this to be fairly repetitive and manageable enough.
    Q7 Suspense -Again, almost definitely coming up. Tricky question but better knowing what's coming up.
    Q8 Marginal Costing - Probably to come up, I've picked this over budgeting as I was absent for most budgeting classes:L

Easy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Leaving_cert

Yes I definitely think company accounts suspense and maybe flexible budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 princessima

Yeah I have a feeling Heaney will come up too as well as Sylvia (shes rather easy ) , i know what he is about n all although I cant seem to write on him , even though I want to !! :/ Any help?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 princessima

Also I have a strong feeling i'm going to fail Economics :( Does anyone have any predictions for what will come up on it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah I have a feeling Heaney will come up too as well as Sylvia (shes rather easy ) , i know what he is about n all although I cant seem to write on him , even though I want to !! :/ Any help?? :)

Heaney is likely to come up, though I haven't done him yet.
    Larkin and Plath are two other likely ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Also I have a strong feeling i'm going to fail Economics :( Does anyone have any predictions for what will come up on it???
    How did your Mocks go? I do it outside of School and found the mocks handy enough! I had the DEB HL paper and did Q.1,2,5,8.

Work on your Markets/Factors/Demand&Supply and your guaranteed 3 questions, then just bluff one if you think you can! Go through the last 9 years of SQ's and you'll fly them! You'll get your B3 easy! Hoping for an A1 myself, will let you know how the mocks go before I make assumptions of what I will do though! PM me if you want any more help! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My teacher hasnt done her with us yet but I got one of my friends to teach me it, its pretty easy to talk about I think, pretty interesting because of how crazy she was (in a good way) and I cant imagine a huge variety of questions - they'd all be on the sad aspects of her poems or something since...they're not happy. :P

Anyone have any predictions for History/Business/Geography?
    In regards to History my teacher said that Truman is likely to come, directly or indirectly and the Eucharistic Congress is another one that is highly tipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Cian A wrote: »
    Heaney is likely to come up, though I haven't done him yet.
    Larkin and Plath are two other likely ones.

It will make my whole year if these are the poets. Not doing Larkin but Plath and Heaney are both fantastic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

In regards to History my teacher said that Truman is likely to come, directly or indirectly and the Eucharistic Congress is another one that is highly tipped :)

Truman? Really? He can hardly warrant a full question, can he? Thanks for the tip, nevertheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

rkeano5 wrote: »

Truman? Really? He can hardly warrant a full question, can he? Thanks for the tip, nevertheless.
    Hence the way I said indirectly, but according to her he hasnt come up in years? I dunno its just what she said, could never happen like as with all predictions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Are Rich, Boland, Frost and Kavanagh the least likely posts to come up then? :o

'Cause they're the four that were on last year's course, so surely one of them would come up this year...

It would be a bit mean towards repeats to put none of them on so I'm thinking there's a good chance of one of them being on. *Hopes*

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Well there's a new chief examiner put in place for English so according to my teacher there's zero point making predictions! So yea I'd expect 2 of those to come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Wesc. wrote: »
    Well there's a new chief examiner put in place for English so according to my teacher there's zero point making predictions! So yea I'd expect 2 of those to come up!

Ah, our teacher used to tell us exactly what the old one was like, what she wanted to see in the answers and everything!

All going well there'll be one or two of them anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bbzlilkim

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody can give me a hand with this stupid comparative study thing. The 3 texts that I am doing are Girl with A pearl earring by tracy chevalier, Hamlet by shakespeare and inside im dancing by damien O' Donnell. I am getting frustrated with it. I know what I am ought to write as the main body and whatnot but I just cant seem to start it, like I have got and Introduction and beginning but I just can get my answer to flow with my beginning. HELP.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

''Predicting'' the Leaving is pure guess work IMO. The only things I'd go by is what may be topical at the time...

- The recession/unemployment/emmigration. (old reliable :rolleyes:)
    - 2012 Olympics could bring up an essay related to sport in the English/Irish papers.
    - The Eucharistic Congress is on in Ireland in 2012. It's also one of the History case studies. Might that tempt them to put it on the paper?
    - New President Michael D. Higgins is a fluent Irish speaker. Might they put something related to him on the Irish paper?

Just a few shots in the dark, but better than saying Plath is 100% definately coming up because of a ''gutt feeling''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 needhelp.com

Any help with higher level maths paper one would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sinenichuig

ChemHickey wrote: »
    BTW, Anyone else notice in the irish exam papers (HL) that "Colscaradh" never was asked in any of the sample paperS!!! :O Maybe they are subliminally telling us which will come up!
    I noticed that aswell . And thats my fav one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Theyre made by edco though, arent they? edco dont make the leaving cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Student2345

hi does anyone have any HL topics for home economics and biology that they think will come up in 2012 Leaving cert.? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 unintitled

According to my learned and obviously infallible teachers.. :rolleyes:

History:
    Dictators & Democracy - Propaganda and or/terror, Stalin, Hitler's foreign policy & the causes of world war two and perhaps church state relations. No Musso
    Documents - India or Katanga ( 'hot tip' is India ), apparently race relations is unlikely because most of the primary documents are in French.
    Northern Ireland - Terence O'Neill and/or Brookeborough, causes of the troubles, ABOD and/or Coleraine
    That Irish topic involving independence etc, - Eucharistic congress, Ireland during world war two and either economy/anglo-irish relations or Dev Vs. Cosgrave

Geography: Earthquakes, rocks and two soil questions.

French/Irish: Sports/President

English: Plath, Heaney, Larkin. Hamlet deception, women and hamlet's character/soliloquys. V + V and literary genre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Thought I'd start one of these to help everyone get an Idea of what's coming up and possibly discuss etc . Any subject I guess. G'luck people! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Thought I'd start one of these to help everyone get an Idea of what's coming up and possibly discuss etc . Any subject I guess. G'luck people! :)

Merged into the main predictions thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm quite sure (praying) that question 1 for HL Chemistry will be on the Winkler method.
    That's all I've got!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Anyone got anything for Biology? I'd love a full question on photosynthesis or respiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I'm quite sure (praying) that question 1 for HL Chemistry will be on the Winkler method.
    That's all I've got!

My teacher thinks it won't be because it ends up as a thiosulfate titration & thiosulfate came up last year. He's betting on the hydrated sodium carbonate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The enzyme activity experiments don't seem to have come up in years for bio. Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alexa angel 13

Any hellp on a Larkin question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 an17

Everyone stop recommending Plath. Remember the Boland fiasco of 2009? The SEC are on to us now about Plath.

My predictions are to learn all the other 7 poets cause Plath definitely won't come up! ;)
    how do you know for definite???
    is kinsella or heaney commin up?

Advertisement