Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012 Predictions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

You are being condescending though. I don't know what this Misogyny means really, I still got an A2 in my Mock.
    I honestly achieved an A2 (85.5%) in my Mock and have never heard of this word. I don't know about other English teachers but mine certainly isn't, in fact we don't even have exam papers for English.

I'm not bitter in anyway, but please stop posting up your mock results. Every thread I go into you have them plastered up somewhere. Well done, we get it, you work hard- now get over it.

There's plenty of other people who got in A's in the English mock too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

silversky wrote: »
    Well sometimes you need two posts, some people find it a little difficult to understand a concept
    Well done, we get it, you work hard- now get over it.

Less of the snappy posts please silversky, there is no need to be condescending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Less of the snappy posts please silversky, there is no need to be condescending.

Condescending? There's plenty more people on this boards who are more condescending than myself. I've seen their comments in different threads belittling others.

I get your point with the snappy comments. Sorry for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm not bitter in anyway, but please stop posting up your mock results. Every thread I go into you have them plastered up somewhere. Well done, we get it, you work hard- now get over it.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Lets keep on track here and not get carried away with misogyny....

Area between curves more likely for Maths P1 (H) - Integration.
    They also might put up another division integration question just to trick people again this year.
    Also... Induction - either DeMoivre/Differentiation or Inequalities...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

I think it's fair to say that maths is the only exam where there is no point in speculating what's coming up.

It's like the examiners can tell what you don't know. Learn it all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I was just wondering why people bother predicting for Maths. :confused: Paper I will have algebra, complex numbers, maybe some matrices, then sequences and series, a mixed question, differentiation and integration. I mean, it's not going to change. Trying to predict exactly what will be asked in each section is pointless. You need to be good at Maths, not good at predicting and learning off the exact question that comes up without understanding any of it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

subz3r0 wrote: »
    The U-Value ;) oh and a drawing question :L

Besides the obvious though, things like insulation and foundations come up most years dont they?

So I think it will be safe enough to concentrate on the drawings (can be used in Q.1 and also in other Qs), the U-Value which is very easy if you are in any way decent at maths, insulation, foundations and then a couple of other areas you are most comfortable in.
    I know this is more of advice than predictions but I think if you go with that you'll be more than fine.

ye u-value and two drawings come up every year so then really you only have to answer to other questions. I have a feeling something about wheelchair access will come up. They some to like asking that in the last few years. Ye theres usually something about foundations and insulation too. I think theres neatly always a question on passive housing aswell, could be wrong though! how you fixed for the day exam? Oh and hows your project coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Anyone got any ideas for Physics?

Judging off both mock papers, and what came up last year, so far I'm thinking (under spoilers because of mocks!):
    Section A: fundamental frequency of a stretched string, specific latent heat, one of the mechanics ones. almost definitely not boyle's law or monochromatic light.
    Section B: the Q11 STS looks like it might be nuclear physics. also a full question on optics.

Anybody got anything else? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Edit: uh oh, are we still meant to keep mocks details under spoilers? I'll go back and change it if we are...?

As far as I know there are still some schools completing theirs so for now, spoilering them would be great :) In the next week or 2 ye should be able to talk about them as much as ye like!

• Advertisement

What do ye reckon for History?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Stalin,.... always Stalin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Eucharistic Congress, India for documents, Treaty Negotiations, Social Problems Britain/Germany inter war years, GAA, Show trials

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daftpunk

Carrie4321 wrote: »
    For History I now say 1950s Economic and Social policies in Ireland will come up :D Came up in 2010, 2008 and 2006 :P I'm rooting for it so! It seems like an obviously pattern!

I don't think De Valera will come up :P Three years in a row! Yikes! :o But you never know :) 2011 people were probably saying the same except 2 years in a row! I also really really doubt Michael Collins will come up! I know he's never came up but in every exam they're nasty in one way or another so I think either de Valera is on it or Michael Collins isn't!

Just warning :P Don't rely completely on predictions no matter how tempting they are :O Case studies came up every year in every question in History except last year :P People who thought of only needing case studies was screwed I'd imagine :O

I did history for the leaving cert last year, it's a very tough course to predict. For the documents question (Q1) last year everyone in the country, even top state examiners were saying that coleraine was guaranteed so thats what i focused on and in the end all the predictions were wrong and the apprentice boys came up on the paper.

You need to be careful with history because even if a topic came up the year before there's no saying the same topic won't come up the next year but asked in a different way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Just wondering, how do people make document predictions? :confused: Everyone is saying India is up this year, but its never been examined so what are they going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

ye u-value and two drawings come up every year so then really you only have to answer to other questions. I have a feeling something about wheelchair access will come up. They some to like asking that in the last few years. Ye theres usually something about foundations and insulation too. I think theres neatly always a question on passive housing aswell, could be wrong though! how you fixed for the day exam? Oh and hows your project coming along?

Day exam - damn well sorted, since 3rd year! :P I got 130/150 in my mock day exam so I'm ok for that I think.

Project - brief nearly done, project itself is nowhere near done. I'm making a writing desk with curved sides and I've so much to do still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Just wondering, how do people make document predictions? :confused: Everyone is saying India is up this year, but its never been examined so what are they going on?

I never bothered with the document last year. Did a bit of study for every other question, but I didn't waste any time on the document. It's a good thing I didn't because whichever one was 'guaranteed' to come up didn't. My essay was terrible, but I still got 60/60 for the main part. :D

In other words, I have no idea how they predict what's coming up, but my advice is not to spend too much time on the document. Work on it only when you're sorted for everything else. ;) It's only 40 marks you're studying for at the end of the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Have a feeling that Reagen will come up in history and also the affluent society ! As for the document I hope its France seeing that Le Pen's daughter is running for president that could increase that chance !

Day exam - damn well sorted, since 3rd year! :P I got 130/150 in my mock day exam so I'm ok for that I think.

Project - brief nearly done, project itself is nowhere near done. I'm making a writing desk with curved sides and I've so much to do still!

project sounds nice! im making a model of house showing lots of different insulation upgrades to improve its thermal performance and get its ber cert up to a B! Nearly there! but as for the folio..havent started yet:O do you know when the deadline is? have absolutely 0 preparation for the day exam..bit worried about it to be honest:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

project sounds nice! im making a model of house showing lots of different insulation upgrades to improve its thermal performance and get its ber cert up to a B! Nearly there! but as for the folio..havent started yet:O do you know when the deadline is? have absolutely 0 preparation for the day exam..bit worried about it to be honest:O

In our school everyone traditionally is making furniture. Downside is that the examiners are kinda bored of it, the upside is we are prepared pretty well for the day exam!
    I THINK deadline is 27th April but I stand to correction on that.

• Advertisement

In our school everyone traditionally is making furniture. Downside is that the examiners are kinda bored of it, the upside is we are prepared pretty well for the day exam!
    I THINK deadline is 27th April but I stand to correction on that.
    Ye I think it is April sometime! Better get a move on:o ye our teacher is an examiner and she said they mark furniture harder because so many people opt for it, but hey if it's good I'm sure you'll do well! At the end of the day the project itself is only worth 10 marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

C'mon Plath... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

hugokatie wrote: »
    PLEASE SOMEBODY PLEASE HAVE SOME PREIDCTOINS FOR HOME-EC TE COURSE IS SO BROAD ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!! ;(

Get your hands on both mocks DEB & Examcraft plus Irish indo exam brief supplement and learn each topic to start with! Usually a few questions from all three will come up!
    From my memory:
    Q1. Fish+ lipids, yoghurt+calcium
    Q2. Additives, Sensory Anaysis
    Q3. Microbiology, ?
    Q4. FRM, Appliances
    Q5. The family (on both)

Don't know what elective you are doing? However social studies education has come up every year bar one!

Exam brief: fruit&veg, special diet (Coeliac), Frm, marriage
    I am sure your teacher will also tell you to learn topics which have yet to be asked e.g eggs (although they were assignment 5 in journal) but still learn off by heart!
    Short questions are impossible to predict however q8-12 are always from resource management section and FIS/government benefits comes up a lot as does textiles!
    Ps the above is for HL only!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

Which do you think will come up for the pros and filiocht? Also, what essay/diospoireacht? Really dont know what to look at for irish :(

What came up in your mock for irish and english? And any other subject :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Hi I'm just wondering whether anyone has any tips for leaving cert geog in general or even focusing in on the 2012 exam ?? Would yea think the questions will be similar to those which have come up in past papers.

Anyone expecting a question on how earthquakes may be predicted etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

grantyrs10 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering whether anyone has any tips for leaving cert geog in general or even focusing in on the 2012 exam ?? Would yea think the questions will be similar to those which have come up in past papers.

Anyone expecting a question on how earthquakes may be predicted etc ?

Some predictions:
    • Structures of Deformation- Has to be there
    • Landform Development- OS Map
    • Human Interaction with Surface Processes
    • Implications of EU Expansion
    • Culture in Continental Regions
    • Central Place Theory
    • Land Use Models
    • Human Interaction with Soil
    • Characteristics of Soil

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

siobhan93 wrote: »
    Which do you think will come up for the pros and filiocht? Also, what essay/diospoireacht? Really dont know what to look at for irish :(

What came up in your mock for irish and english? And any other subject :p

My teacher thinks Geibheann will come up along with Colscaradh. I got 55% just the papers but with my pre oral added in I got 61%.. I didn't write much for the pros or filiocht I just wrote a lot for paper one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

My teacher said with the Document based Q they've always picked the political option in the past and India is the political option this time round? I think Katanga is economic and French Race Relations is the social? That's what the predictions are based on anyways! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My teacher said with the Document based Q they've always picked the political option in the past and India is the political option this time round? I think Katanga is economic and French Race Relations is the social? That's what the predictions are based on anyways! :)
    Oh makes sense :) But Sunningdale was due up last year and they threw on the apprentice boys which is social I think :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Oh makes sense :) But Sunningdale was due up last year and they threw on the apprentice boys which is social I think :/
    Oh well then I dunno :pac: That's what they said after the Trinity History Revision course too though so ;) No point in taking any chances though, I know I won't be!

Advertisement