Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

soap

• 21-11-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Was shopping over weekend and bought some Imperial Leather soap... I hadn't seen the stuff in years...... (and yes I do wash regularly)..

Had a shower this morning and I just can't get the fantasy of taking a bath on Concorde out of my head.. anyone else have this??

....or are ye all too young? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

For all the luxurys concord had, I dont think baths was one of them.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Did the pilot get soap in his eyes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Palmolive is where its at these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Do you ever imagine you're in a prison shower? Drop the soap? Have a filthy ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Lifebuoy's where it's at really...none of yer fancy perfumery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

This ad will make it all clear:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Who the hell uses saop in the shower these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Buying soap? Don't you know theres a recession going on.

I just fill a container with liquid soap from a pub these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

cml387 wrote: »
    This ad will make it all clear:

Ah that's the one..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

dove is a great smelling soap [the bar type,not the bottled stuff],its classy and oldskool like johnsons baby shampoo:
    http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/johnsons-baby-shampoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Who the hell uses saop in the shower these days.

People who like dropping it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Sounds like Rihanna's new song.

I found dove in a soapless place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Oh my! I've dropped the soap again.

Oops! Is that your penis in my bum-bum!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Scruffles wrote: »
    dove is a great smelling soap [the bar type,not the bottled stuff],its classy and oldskool like johnsons baby shampoo:
    http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/johnsons-baby-shampoo

Ya but they were a bunch of liers, no more tears my arsé, I hated been bathed with that stuff.

Oh my! I've dropped the soap again.

Oops! Is that your penis in my bum-bum!?

No and we're not that pleased to see you either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Interesting that the advert says Imperial Leather is made by Cussons. Cussons was selling washing up liquid for something like 25 cent in Tesco about 6 weeks ago and it's always been very cheap so they havent obviously been ring fencing Cussons as a premium brand despite the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ooooh I loves Imperial Leather - have the soap and the talc. Not specially gone on Johnsons - love Cussons Pearl too.

psychward wrote: »
    Interesting that the advert says Imperial Leather is made by Cussons. Cussons was selling washing up liquid for something like 25 cent in Tesco about 6 weeks ago and it's always been very cheap so they havent obviously been ring fencing Cussons as a premium brand despite the adverts.

How interesting :)

cruiser178 wrote: »

theyre basically saying theyre the hyacinth bucket of soap yet they're secretly yellow pack is what I mean ;)

theyre basically saying theyre the hyacinth bucket of soap yet they're secretly yellow pack is what I mean ;)

jaysus, yellow pack that takes me back a long time, haven't heard those words in decades.

• Advertisement

cruiser178 wrote: »

Crap! I was fooled by the ad..... My wife was right afterall......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Tazio wrote: »
    Was shopping over weekend and bought some Imperial Leather soap... I hadn't seen the stuff in years...... (and yes I do wash regularly)..

Had a shower this morning and I just can't get the fantasy of taking a bath on Concorde out of my head.. anyone else have this??

None of this fancy Imperial Leather stuff, it's Lifebuoy all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

soap?

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Do you ever imagine you're in a prison shower? Drop the soap? Have a filthy ****?

I couldn't think of much things worse than dropping the soap in a prison shower.

Rumour has it if you do you get ridiculed for days by everyone in the prison. The inmates the prison guards all mock you and laugh at you in the canteen, in the prison yard for being such a clumsy oaf :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

who remembers imperial leather after shave????

my god the smell was gorgeous, guaranteed to drive the ladies wild

fryup wrote: »

Ah them be the days.... It was up there with Blue Stratos........ :)

that imperial concorde ad sure as hell wouldn't be shown these days ..bit suspect with the nude girl and all

Ah them be the days.... It was up there with Blue Stratos........ :)

I'd swear I still have a half bottle of that somewhere... I wonder does it get better with age? Or if you can drink it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

I'm old enough to remember that ad, but never shared the fantasy of bathing in a Concorde. But I often think fondly of the Hai Karate ads!!

Z

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »

Old Spice is the mark of a true man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The hen has both liquid and bars of soaps in the bathroom. She's always had the Imperial Leather in the bathroom, so it's always been around. I think once the squirty soaps came about people lost interest in the bars of soap. They tend to create a soapy goopy disaster under them that just looks nasty. The smell of the Imperial Leather I will always remember from being a nipper though.

I told her I was hitting the shop earlier today, and she told me to pick her some up. Funny such a random thread came up (:

what was that 70s commercial of that chick in the bikini on a sailing boat??..think it was old spice not too sure......it always gave me the horn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

There was a time when plain soap and a tin bath was the Irish way, none of that shower and shower gel liberal modern sheeple carry-on of today. :-/

Zen65 wrote: »

I'm old enough to remember that ad, but never shared the fantasy of bathing in a Concorde. But I often think fondly of the Hai Karate ads!!

Z

Ha! Be careful how you use it.... Brilliant... Ads are just too posh and sophisticated now.. all the tackyness is gone.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Ouch imperial leather is so harsh, it will rip the skin off you :eek:

• Advertisement

Ouch imperial leather is so harsh, it will rip the skin off you :eek:

We're not talking about a 12 inch weapon used in corporal punishment!! :).

Use soap all the time now over shower gel.. It's just a superior product, is cheap and housemates don't steal it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I always hated the way the label made the soap disintegrate in an uneven manner, half way though the soap you would have this big square bulge, although I am willing to admit I am a little ocd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Soap wrapped in one of them wirey spongey things. The only way and lasts for ages.

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Soap wrapped in one of them wirey spongey things. The only way and lasts for ages.

wirey spongey things ? eh what are those ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Hasmunch wrote: »
    Sounds like Rihanna's new song.

I found dove in a soapless place

And this ladies and gents, is why iv'e stopped posting my jokes on the internet... or saying them around all 3 of my friends.

kjl wrote: »
    I always hated the way the label made the soap disintegrate in an uneven manner, half way though the soap you would have this big square bulge, although I am willing to admit I am a little ocd.

I peel when the hump is greater then 3mm... But then it'd hard to flick the sticker off the fingers.. unless in shower/bath... But then the drain gets blocked.....

Advertisement