Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: house/dog sitter in Melbourne over Xmas

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I know this is a bit of a long shot...

We are looking for someone/people to house sit and mind the dogs around Xmas. I am going back to Ireland for 2 weeks and the missus is going to a wedding in Queensland. The dates are from 26th Dec to 31st. I know theses dates are a bit sh*t cause most hostels and accommodation will make you book in for minimum a week or 2 over this period. This is the problem we are having with the dogs because kennels want minimum 2 weeks pay at $70 per dog a day!

The house is in Yarraville, 5 mins walk to the train station and village,cafes, restaurants, pub etc... Its about 15 mins on the train to Flinders Street. Its a decent house with big back garden.

We have 2 dogs - 20 mth staffy, and a 5mth boxer. They are good friendly dogs. They dont make much noise and are happy out playing in the back garden.

If anyone is interested or wants to know more ask away, or send me a pm.

We'll throw in a few slabs of beer or something to sweeten the deal:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I would gladly have done it for you but am in Perth and I'm guessing you wouldn't throw in return flights for me and mr. sudzs aswell!! ;)

You could try here.... http://www.mindmyhouse.com/sitters

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hey Mister, If your stuck I'll take the dogs, We were minding our friends dog last week aswel, miss our dogs loads, Nice to have pets around, sure let me know if your stuck n I'll take them no bother,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Hi Princess, thanks for the offer but I am not sure if I'd be comfortable letting these boys loose in someone else s house! They are good dogs but they will wreck things if they get a chance when left on their own. Our back garden doesn't have anything in it for them to wreck but if we leave out a cushion or something falls off the washing line it'll be used for a game of tug-o-war and end up in million pieces.

Advertisement