Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobility scooter charger

Options
  • 21-11-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, can someone help, my dad has misplaced the charger off his mobility scooter and battery has died, can anyone tell me where to get a replacement, its a RIO 3 Lite, I am afraid if we leave the battery dead for to long we will be unable to ressurect it,also the fact that he is now unable to enjoy the independence he does while using it. I am in Dublin and would love to know where to go to get one,also an idea of the cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

If you can remember where he bought it they might have replacement chargers. Failing that doing an internet seach like "mobility scooters Ireland" or something like this should bring up results of places which sell mobility scooters here. If any sell the same scooter, or a scooter from the same manufacturer, they might be able to help you out. There are quite a few places in ireland (north and south) but failing that you could try the UK or find the manufactuerer and contact them.

Just remembered, there is this site which might be of use. Look at the right side of the page for suppliers of this scooter. I would start there.

http://www.assistireland.ie/eng/Products_Directory/Wheeled_Mobility/Powered_Scooters_Adult/Outdoor/Wheeltech_Rio_3_Lite_Scooter.16918.shortcut.html

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dubmando

thanks for this, have contacted all of these in Ireland, am shocked to be honest, firstly at how expensive they are and secondly,all of these stockists quoted me different prices varying from 90euro to 160euro. Considering a replacement battery costs 30euro the chargers I was quoted for appeared to be quite excessive. When I asked these stockists was this the average price,and why there was such a variation in quotes, he replied the quality of the ones he sold was excellent!!when I asked was there a more generic brand he said he did not stock these!! I explained my father was a pensioner who mislaid his charger,with the intention of finding it, and the more generic brand would do in order to mobilise him for the time being, he became very uninterested and unwilling to enter into discussion nor willing to help in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

dubmando wrote: »
    thanks for this, have contacted all of these in Ireland, am shocked to be honest, firstly at how expensive they are and secondly,all of these stockists quoted me different prices varying from 90euro to 160euro. Considering a replacement battery costs 30euro the chargers I was quoted for appeared to be quite excessive. When I asked these stockists was this the average price,and why there was such a variation in quotes, he replied the quality of the ones he sold was excellent!!when I asked was there a more generic brand he said he did not stock these!! I explained my father was a pensioner who mislaid his charger,with the intention of finding it, and the more generic brand would do in order to mobilise him for the time being, he became very uninterested and unwilling to enter into discussion nor willing to help in any way.

Money talks - that's why. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 summit182

Try http://www.drivemedical.co.uk/ in the UK.....thats where all these stockists get them, they might just sell it to you direct, you never know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 DPMS

summit182 wrote: »
    Try http://www.drivemedical.co.uk/ in the UK.....thats where all these stockists get them, they might just sell it to you direct, you never know

I'm pretty sure that Drive Medical will only supply to dealers but what you can do if you still haven't got one is purchase a 2AMP 24Volt charger andywhere that sell mobility products. Trust me on that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement