Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butchers In Ennis

• 22-11-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Just moved to Ennis, and my old butcher always did a fab boned and rolled turkey for me, and also had a Christmas Club, (I ordered what I wanted and every week, paid off what I wanted). Does anyone in Ennis know a good butchers who does this? Name, location and telephone number would be great. I may be looking for this to early, but I thought I would find out early.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Molloy's butchers in Abbey Street and Roslevan Shopping Centre are excellent, they have won numerous awards. O'Keeffe's Butchers in the Turnpike is very good too (and there is a very good fruit and veg shop next door).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

All the butchers in town can do this. I have had it done at Leydens and Okeefes, but all of them accept orders for the hols and will be more than happy to sort you out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Molloy's butchers in Abbey Street and Roslevan Shopping Centre are excellent, they have won numerous awards. O'Keeffe's Butchers in the Turnpike is very good too (and there is a very good fruit and veg shop next door).

+1 for Turnpike butchers and Veg Shop.

-1 for Molloys - got some dodgy meat in their Roslevan store just before closing time a few years back (I was working as a chef at the time). I was preparing it for dinner less than 10 minutes later and thought it smelt a bit off, I tried to return it straight away but the shop had closed and when I returned it at 10 the next morning the butcher took the bag into the back of the shop, and came back out to show me that the meat was fine.I had cut one of the steaks in half before deciding that the smell was not right, but the steaks he presented to me as being fine had not been cut. :mad: A few weeks later my mother went in to buy chicken fillets, they had one left on the tray which didn't look the freshest (starting to dry out at the tips), she asked for 4 or 5 fresh fillets and specifically asked not to take the one from the tray, but again he took the tray into the back before presenting nice fresh fillets in a bag to her. When she got home she found the not so fresh chicken breast in the bottom of the bag. :mad::mad: This was 4 or 5 years ago at this stage, but two major complaints over a small period of time was enough to stop me going back. There are plenty of other good butchers in town who value and look after their customers. Its a pity really because I used to love Molloys sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭IrishMumOf1

Thanks for all the info its really appreciated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I used to always go to O'Keeffe's, the fruit & veg shop next door was ideal, I've started going to Keane's butchers now on the Clonroad (across from the entrance to Summerhill, up from Downes & Howard's), they have lovely steaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    I used to always go to O'Keeffe's, the fruit & veg shop next door was ideal, I've started going to Keane's butchers now on the Clonroad (across from the entrance to Summerhill, up from Downes & Howard's), they have lovely steaks.

Clareman, I do believe you meant to say Carmody Street instead or Clonroad ;). Keanes also have a shop in the Gort Road Shopping Centre (formally, Sheils).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh yeah, Carmody St., thanks MrsD.

Advertisement